Ladies... would you sign a pre-nuptial agreement?

im not trying to sound naive or anything
Well a majority of the time when anybody starts a sentence like this they are being exactly what they say they aren't trying to be. I thinkits good for both parties regardless of money situations cause honestly when people get their feelings hurt all that rational talk people are talking is formost part out the window. You have to protect against that whether its the man or woman. How you talking you aren't going to have to worry about thatcause you probably end up marrying some person thats just happy you having sex with you (if your a girl which I think you are) so they probably aren'tgoing to be rich (as you described it) anyway. I think your cool as far as pre nups go.

Originally Posted by gotJz

ppl 4get that marraige changes ppl, as does money. also sometimes its not about the money with some women. when some women go through divorce and are truly hurt by the situation, they feel as if taking as much money as they can from a man who is about their money is the only way to get back or inflict the same pain that they feel due to the situation (its like when ur mom took the nintendo cuz u wasn't doing ur hw when u were little lol). . it also doesn't help that they're friends, sisters, mama's, etc are in they're ear telling them how she's entitled to this n that
Pure truth right here, it's happening to two of my uncles right now. Basically extortion is what I rather call it.

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

As long as he agrees to sign one as well.

this is actually the first thing i thought to inquire about. the case for the prenuptial agreement always revolves around one person bringing almost nothingin comparison to the other into the relationship financially. usually the woman, but not always.

i've always felt that a man or woman who is entering into marriage with somebody that is far wealthier than themselves should be willing to sign a prenup. how can you argue the other way around if you aren't even on the same level financially? assuming your marriage works the prenup will never even be anissue. the broads/bums that refuse to sign are essentially making it clear that they expect the marriage to fail and want to get paid because of that.

as long as you are married to that person you'll be taken care of, but when it's over you aren't entitled to the same things as before for obviousreasons. the only exception would be child support, but nothing out of reason. family courts these days are ridiculous.

nah... he should trust me
if he dont
what we doin trynna be married?
plus...
I will make my own, I won't need his
grin.gif

Originally Posted by chockiwi

if he dont
plus...
grin.gif
then sign it. a prenuptial is about money, not trust. and since you "will make your own," why not sign it?

if you don't your basically saying you don't trust him and/or don't believe either of you will be able to make it work.

Originally Posted by boxer

Originally Posted by chockiwi

if he dont
plus...
grin.gif
then sign it. a prenuptial is about money, not trust. and since you "will make your own," why not sign it?

if you don't your basically saying you don't trust him and/or don't believe either of you will be able to make it work.

I just feel like a prenup is foreshadowing divorce
when I get married,
the end for me will be death!

Originally Posted by imsojayded

only prenup im signing is
if we divorce im taking mines you taking yours
dueces
You have no understanding of what a prenup is.

Originally Posted by imsojayded

im not trying to sound naive or anything
and by all means if you're wealthy...not well to do but wealthy (like my lifestlye is gonna change by me being with you)
then by all means get one
but if you making average or slightly above average money...or were both on an even playing field
and you still want me to sign one then we have an issue
you dont see this relationship progressing much after marriage...in fact you believe it will end
so lets save even more money and not even walk down the damn aisle
id rather have an 0-0 record then 0-1
Coworker of mine [makes less than $30,000] and his girl [no job] get married.

No prenup signed, 'cause she thought the same exact thing you did.

He's now battling for custody of their 2 kids and to pay her nothing, while she's fighting for full custody as well and is asking for $1,500 a month.

Issue with signing a prenup, huh????

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by infamousod

correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think any man would go after his wife's money in a divorce if she happened to get rich
I would.
laugh.gif

Please, more responses like this so the females on here won't keep thinking a prenup is stupid.

First let me say I don't ever plan on getting divorced. I have faith in my ability to choose a worthy partner and in my ability to work through any andall problems my partner and I may experience in our relationship. Pat said it best, love is a battlefield and when you get married, you should be ready to goto war to make it work.

At the same time, I will NOT get married without signing a prenup.

Think about it like this...Everyone in here who has a car, buys auto insurance. When you buy this auto insurance, are you foreshadowing yourself getting in acar accident? Does it mean you don't have faith in your ability to drive a car and that the car will definitely crash into something? That sounds absurd. About as absurd as people believing that signing a document that will insure all assets accrued BEFORE the marriage remain that partner's possession issomehow a foreshadowing of divorce.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of people (mainly females) don't believe in love being practical. The same way you buy insurance for your car(and practically everything else in your life), you would think people would be the same way about insuring assets in a marriage. But thats not the casebecause it involves matters of the heart and love and a prenup defies everything that "love" is "supposed" to be. I believe in love but Idon't believe you have to be naive or impractical to be in love.

Plus the way I see it, if everything goes as it should, after you sign a prenup, you will never hear about it again for the rest of your life because you andyour partner will be together forever. Nothing will have changed besides the fact that you have the insurance policy IN CASE things go wrong.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Men arent built with a primal need for security like women are. I dont care how independent a woman claims to be.

This is why you see groupies trying to get with athletes/entertainers because they know the potential of the seed of said person and that children can be a meal ticket. There's no incentive to change the system because it's a billion dollar one and if it aint broke..... We dont look @ women like how women look at us. Men, we tend to look for physical attractiveness first then qualities that say a woman will be the best person she can for us. We dont look at womaen like "Damn, she can be my ticket outta the PJs"

Though I woulda said "some women" QFE & QFMFT

All these girls claiming to be better than the next. It's been proven time and time again through celebrity divorce cases. Paul McCartney anyone?

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

First let me say I don't ever plan on getting divorced. I have faith in my ability to choose a worthy partner and in my ability to work through any and all problems my partner and I may experience in our relationship. Pat said it best, love is a battlefield and when you get married, you should be ready to go to war to make it work.

Think about it like this...Everyone in here who has a car, buys auto insurance. When you buy this auto insurance, are you foreshadowing yourself getting in a car accident? Does it mean you don't have faith in your ability to drive a car and that the car will definitely crash into something? That sounds absurd. About as absurd as people believing that signing a document that will insure all assets accrued BEFORE the marriage remain that partner's possession is somehow a foreshadowing of divorce.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of people (mainly females) don't believe in love being practical. The same way you buy insurance for your car (and practically everything else in your life), you would think people would be the same way about insuring assets in a marriage. But thats not the case because it involves matters of the heart and love and a prenup defies everything that "love" is "supposed" to be. I believe in love but I don't believe you have to be naive or impractical to be in love.

Plus the way I see it, if everything goes as it should, after you sign a prenup, you will never hear about it again for the rest of your life because you and your partner will be together forever. Nothing will have changed besides the fact that you have the insurance policy IN CASE things go wrong.
QFT
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

First let me say I don't ever plan on getting divorced. I have faith in my ability to choose a worthy partner and in my ability to work through any and all problems my partner and I may experience in our relationship. Pat said it best, love is a battlefield and when you get married, you should be ready to go to war to make it work.

Think about it like this...Everyone in here who has a car, buys auto insurance. When you buy this auto insurance, are you foreshadowing yourself getting in a car accident? Does it mean you don't have faith in your ability to drive a car and that the car will definitely crash into something? That sounds absurd. About as absurd as people believing that signing a document that will insure all assets accrued BEFORE the marriage remain that partner's possession is somehow a foreshadowing of divorce.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of people (mainly females) don't believe in love being practical. The same way you buy insurance for your car (and practically everything else in your life), you would think people would be the same way about insuring assets in a marriage. But thats not the case because it involves matters of the heart and love and a prenup defies everything that "love" is "supposed" to be. I believe in love but I don't believe you have to be naive or impractical to be in love.

Plus the way I see it, if everything goes as it should, after you sign a prenup, you will never hear about it again for the rest of your life because you and your partner will be together forever. Nothing will have changed besides the fact that you have the insurance policy IN CASE things go wrong.

/thread

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

KingofIlladelph wrote:

/thread

exactly the point I came in here to make. It's an insurance policy. Buying car insurance doesn't forshadow you getting into an accident or compormiseyour trust in your driving ability. A prenup is simply a precationary measure. i will have one when/if i get married.

Back
Top Bottom