**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If he leaves he leaves, he’s gonna be 40 and an old man injury can happen at any moment

Or he can defy all odds again for the next 2 years who knows :lol:

Coming off 70 plus games and Olympics, I’m not confident he’ll be durable next season

Front office gotta do whatever is in the best interest of the organization and winning

Them not having hired JJ Redick at this point if he is the guy they want is levels of dysfunction.

If they don’t want him, this whole process makes them look dysfunctional just by screwing around.
Whoever is leaking some of this Lakers stuff to the media seriously hates Rob & Jeanie

Them not having hired JJ Redick at this point if he is the guy they want is levels of dysfunction.
DRAMATIC AF
4fc6a4d4cb2f3a48992eb0dc9be9c942.gif

All this talk about Reddick and Hurley only for Pelinka to bring back Vogel :lol:

Nah but fr tho, Borrego is likely the real frontrunner

This is now AD’s team

AD has a brief history with Borrego

connect the dots

I don’t think LeBron James is going anywhere but Los Angeles for the remainder of his career

Especially after Boston just won #18
That means something to us, not him.
We want 18; he wants 5. Those two don't HAVE TO go together, and I'm sure he's aware.

ill take monty over jj tbh.

need a legit center too. AD solo is not going to cut it.

Monty has a career .485 winning percentage

Slim pickins out here

LA Lakers head coach vacancy and our options appear to be a college coach (Hurley, who turned us down), a podcaster (JJ, who's never coached, at any level), or another retread (Monty, Borrego etc).

No top end coaches in the mix, whatsoever. :frown:

Before anybody suggests Brook Lopez because he’s available.

1. They have to send out less than $23.0mil because the Bucks would be a first apron team, potential second apron.
2. Brook Lopez would cap the Lakers at the first apron.
Which leads to a domino effect DLo walks for nothing, it does opens up the full MLE, Max entirely possible he becomes a cap casualty unless they give him a percentage of the MLE.

The CBA rules of first apron teams can’t take more money back in any trade AND any team that does is hard capped; second aprons can only trade player for player. Second apron can’t trade 2 for 1 is going to significantly limit the market.

I am 1000% positive that the Lakers aren’t going to hire Monty BUT it would be hilarious to see him complete the Infinity Gauntlet of stay at home checks by taking another multi-year deal and getting fired before the end of his contract.

Can one of you guys photoshop Pelinka’s face in this pic?
IMG_1761.jpeg

The fact that this coaching search is taking so long tells us a few things:

- it’s a crucial hire for “win now” with Lebron and for the future: rebuild/reset, player development, building a program, creating a culture etc

- they are being diligent of Lebron’s free agency and whether a particular hire will sway his decision

Back
Top Bottom