**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Florida cases spiking

Disney employees not staying in bubble

Other leagues/people also in Disney at the same time

Now players not all on same page

It's not just one call. There's a lot to worry about here. Surviving 3+ months will not be easy.
I def agree that guys will be way out of their comfort zones. Gotta remember these players are rock stars. They get red carpet treatment everywhere and have an insane lifestyle. To ask them to put it all away and live in seclusion to play ball for what seems like pennies to them will be weird. But ones lesser teams are eliminated those elite teams won’t have trouble being secluded for chance to win a title

Florida cases spiking

Disney employees not staying in bubble

Other leagues/people also in Disney at the same time

Now players not all on same page

It's not just one call. There's a lot to worry about here. Surviving 3+ months will not be easy.

giphy (8).gif

Florida was always a weird place to put them. Cali would have been better. People are much more receptive to social distancing here. Especially Bay Area where rates are low but literally almost everything is still closed

Florida was always a weird place to put them. Cali would have been better. People are much more receptive to social distancing here. Especially Bay Area where rates are low but literally almost everything is still closed

California cases are rising big time. Same as Florida.

California cases are rising big time. Same as Florida.
They are not rising big time. They are slightly uptrending but that’s likely increased testing. Deaths are about the same last 30 days which sucks. So it’s not getting f worse just slightly staying the same. Also it’s very regional. In Cali we been in lockdown for 3 months. In Arizona they still go out like normal. So their rates are going up (as expected) so they skew the overall data Of the entire US

They are not rising big time. They are slightly uptrending but that’s likely increased testing. Deaths are about the same last 30 days which sucks. So it’s not getting f worse just slightly staying the same. Also it’s very regional. In Cali we been in lockdown for 3 months. In Arizona they still go out like normal. So their rates are going up (as expected) so they skew the overall data Of the entire US

I mean.....

Screenshot_20200613-134011.png
Screenshot_20200613-134105.png

Ok....

I mean.....

Screenshot_20200613-134011.png
Screenshot_20200613-134105.png

Ok....
More testing.
Same or slightly lower number of deaths.
For example about a month and a half ago they wouldn’t test me when I had upper respiratory symptoms bc no fever. Literally had everything else. Runny nose weakness felt warm tired achy sleepy sore throat.

Now if I call my doctor and say “I don’t feel good and feel tired and warm”, no questions asked I will get tested.

Do you follow any of the Stark's, Heyman's etc? They are telling you this is very bad.

Players literally tweeting about the rejected counters before they hit send.

They are waiting for Manfred to declare 50 game season THEN the two sides would go to court over it. It's a literal labor standoff. This isn't me pulling stuff outta thin air man. You should know me better than that by now.

Hmmm....

Still sounds like baseball.

I told you last night, if they impose 50(ish) then players likely go to court. You're literally not listening to what I'm sayin. This is allllllll bad between players/owner. Owners want to pro-rate AND then pay 70-75% off that. This is huge CBA issue. I'm not pullin this out my ***.

I told you last night, if they impose 50(ish) then players likely go to court. You're literally not listening to what I'm sayin. This is allllllll bad between players/owner. Owners want to pro-rate AND then pay 70-75% off that. This is huge CBA issue. I'm not pullin this out my ***.

K

Aside from looking at total # of cases and IFR, it’s important to look at the R0 factor — anything above 1 means the virus is growing.

Relaxing lockdown rules will definitely increase cases and the R0. Social gatherings, restaurants, malls, and gyms can lead to outbreaks. bars/dance clubs and churches can lead to superspreading events.

DLF DLF brings up a good point. Resuming play should occur in an area where:

1) mask wearing recommendations (requirements) are taken seriously
2) people/businesses take social distancing/reopening guidelines seriously
3) wide testing is available

4) robust contact tracing is available
5) ICU capacity is ample

FL, and specifically Orange County, FL, isn’t necessarily that bad of a place. FL has R0 of 1.07 and OC 0.98. It is important to note that these numbers may be deflated because FL is only doing the minimum amount of testing. Plus when you consider the social behavior of people in FL and the fact that basically everything is open, that R0 can shoot up very fast come summer and early fall.

Santa Clara County, as Delusional, suggested would not be bad. 1.02 R0 (cases are controlled and only slowly spreading), widespread testing is being done, people take covid and recommendations by local public health officials serious. Some things remain closed and businesses are generally following all reopening guidelines.

But there’s issues wherever you put these players. All those places are still considered medium risk. Logistic and bureaucratic barriers present another challenge. Orlando makes sense because Disney/ABC/ESPN = media and broadcasting is solved.

Not sure if we get basketball but from a public health standpoint, we shouldn’t. External pressure may cause otherwise, which I won’t complain about but I do recognize the risks.

At the bare minimum I just want people to be informed.. and do their job and wear a mask.

Screenshot_20200613-173749.png
Screenshot_20200613-174019.png
Screenshot_20200613-193148.png

Everything is fine. 👍

Right now I'll go

50/50 NFL-NCAAF
50/50 NBA
20/80 MLB

Monday will be a big day for the future of MLB.

Not sure what the key is for NBA. They at least have a plan laid out and get along with Silver.

Alabama and Houston football both shut down over outbreaks already, so not sure about football.

I'm not listening to you because they are going to play.

Yeah it's bad but they are still playing.

Back
Top Bottom