**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

They’re going to play. But I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of guys with established contracts who aren’t hurting for $$ make the personal business decision that it’s not worth the risks and inconveniences to play a short season in this pandemic. Wouldn’t be shocked if some players get “injured” early in the season as well.

They’re going to play. But I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of guys with established contracts who aren’t hurting for $$ make the personal business decision that it’s not worth the risks and inconveniences to play a short season in this pandemic. Wouldn’t be shocked if some players get “injured” early in the season as well.

A statement that makes sense....

Thanks.

Denial?

Lmao

It literally says they are going to play...

I guess man.

Tupac, are you reading ANY of this?

They are putting it directly in Manfred's hands.

They asked for 114 games. (As many as possible) to maximize as many dollars as they could.

Owners have lowballed and lowballed.

Players now say fine, you pick Commish. If he says 48-50 games (like they've been saying for weeks) then they go to court. (Like all these tweets have alluded to).

An arbitrator would decide if MLB "negotiated in good faith". 114, to 48. Is that "good faith?"

If he rules in favor of the players............

There could be no season.

And I haven't even brought up yet, bubble? Arizona or Florida (BOTH states with record highs TODAY) so logistics are?????

Timeline? Salaries. (What they are literally arguing over).

Minor Leaguers, backups, roster constructions.

But yea, "it says they're playing" Starting Monday I guess. Just need a few details ironed out. :lol:

Feel free to read between a few lines, or maybe listen to literally dozens of reporters telling you the news.

Tupac, are you reading ANY of this?

They are putting it directly in Manfred's hands.

They asked for 114 games. (As many as possible) to maximize as many dollars as they could.

Owners have lowballed and lowballed.

Players now say fine, you pick Commish. If he says 48-50 games (like they've been saying for weeks) then they go to court. (Like all these tweets have alluded to).

An arbitrator would decide if MLB "negotiated in good faith". 114, to 48. Is that "good faith?"

If he rules in favor of the players............

There could be no season.

And I haven't even brought up yet, bubble? Arizona or Florida (BOTH states with record highs TODAY) so logistics are?????

Timeline? Salaries. (What they are literally arguing over).

Minor Leaguers, backups, roster constructions.

But yea, "it says they're playing" Starting Monday I guess. Just need a few details ironed out. :lol:

Feel free to read between a few lines, or maybe listen to literally dozens of reporters telling you the news.

Screenshot_20200614-085004_Chrome.jpg

Fixed

Last edited:
Baseball season and the game itself is just too damn long, no one wants to sit for 4 hours to watch a meaningless game. If they shortened the season to like 50 games it might actually be interesting. The one game playoff was a great idea, made the product more exciting. Problem is the union is too powerful so it takes them 20 years to change one rule, unlike the NFL. Implementing a pitch clock is a great idea too but it’ll never happen In Probably 5-10 years. The game is dying slowly.

Look how off target these passes are. :rofl:

He's going to throw the ball away at a critical part of a playoff game. I know it.

What Trevor Bauer said on Twitter actually does make me hopeful the season will get started. He pretty much lit up Manfred, but if his math is right, then I feel a lot better about baseball than I did a few days ago. Manfred is scum, but Bauer lays it out pretty good. *Fingers crossed he's right*

Back
Top Bottom