**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Well Plan B depends... do we get PG or not? 

If PG signs and we strike out on everyone else...LETS PRAY Magic doesn't go all in and spend it on 3rd tier free agents and go all in trying to be a fake contender.  Rather have him save cap space and see what the 2019 draft pick will land and look for a mid season trade/summer 2019 free agents to along with Ball/George/Ingram.  By then we will know more about Ball and Ingram too.

If PG doesn't sign, all hell will break loose.  But the key there will be to be patient and allow the youngsters to continue to grow.  Sign a good safe vet for cheap (see Nene type deal) and go from there.  No more Deng type deals please.

You guys seem like you just want 'Max Guys' no matter who they are :lol:
I dont want an Otto Porter 'Max Guy' signing.

We need actual talent that will better the entire team and contribute in multiple aspects of the game.
We don't just need the Isaiah Thomas' of the world because theyre 'Max Guys' and will justify Magic/Robs plan.

That wont justify **** to me.
We need complete basketball players on both ends to have any chance of competing again, regardless of if they have a 'MAX' contract or just a 'Good' contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: God
You guys keep mocking the 'Cap Space' aspect of their plan but fail to realize that all it takes is for one star like PG to want to come here and it will set off a chain reaction of talented players wanting to join the purple and gold, and if they do its obviously going to be a lot easier to wheel and deal for them if we have the space.

But nah, some of you just wanted to 'not strike out' by giving Dion Waiters 57 million. :lol:

You guys keep mocking the 'Cap Space' aspect of their plan but fail to realize that all it takes is for one star like PG to want to come here and it will set off a chain reaction of talented players wanting to join the purple and gold, and if they do its obviously going to be a lot easier to wheel and deal for them if we have the space.

But nah, some of you just wanted to 'not strike out' by giving Dion Waiters 57 million.
laugh.gif
I'm not mocking it. I don't agree with the plan, but if it works at least we'll be able to watch a good team for a couple of years. 

I just want to know what ppl really expect.

Is OKC a contender now with PG and Russ? Maybe, maybe not. Are we happy with that team?

So if we unload Deng + JC, does that mean we can sign 3 max guys to go with Zo and BI and still resign Randle?

But nah, some of you just wanted to 'not strike out' by giving Dion Waiters 57 million. :lol:

:lol:

"All it takes is one"

We been saying that since Carmelo in 2013.

Also no one here wanted to give Waiters $57 million. Stop being stupid

:lol:

"All it takes is one"

We been saying that since Carmelo in 2013.

Also no one here wanted to give Waiters $57 million. Stop being stupid

I understand, but the different between 2013 and today is that instead of Wes Johnson being our best player with no cap space, we now have Ingram/Zo/Randle and cap space.

Last edited:
No to which part? we can't re-sign Randle? So we can get 3 max guys, right? Everything I heard is we can now get 2 max guys next summer. Without Deng and JC, that's another $30 M off the books.
As of right now, we have $35,742,826 in salaries wrapped up without Randles cap hold.  Assuming it is $10M, that puts us at $45.7M in salaries.  Assuming another $5M in cap holds for the additional roster spots, I would think we would be around $50M in salaries.  If the cap is 105M next year, that gives us $55M in cap room to play with which wouldnt be enough for 2 max contract guys but pretty close. 

As of right now, we have $35,742,826 in salaries wrapped up without Randles cap hold.  Assuming it is $10M, that puts us at $45.7M in salaries.  Assuming another $5M in cap holds for the additional roster spots, I would think we would be around $50M in salaries.  If the cap is 105M next year, that gives us $55M in cap room to play with which wouldnt be enough for 2 max contract guys but pretty close. 

Thanks. So that could be $85 M if Deng and JC are shipped out, right?

Back
Top Bottom