**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

More athletic how? Neither has blow by speed. D'lo has better handles at this point and he's dunked on/by people a few times. People that complain about dlo not getting around bigs off the dribble must not really know lonzo's game. And dlo was steadily getting better off the bounce

More athletic how? Neither has blow by speed. D'lo has better handles at this point and he's dunked on/by people a few times. People that complain about dlo not getting around bigs off the dribble must not really know lonzo's game. And dlo was steadily getting better off the bounce

He does have a better vertical and higher top end speed. Neither are quick players though and those struggles showed at UCLA.

Lonzo is much better at moving off the ball and that will help him tremendously.

Only thing about that is if lonzo's playing off the ball who's going to find him? Lopez? Clarkson :lol:? Ingram will probably have to take on a bigger role as a playmaker

I really want this hit piece to drop already. I need to know if it was really that bad behind the scenes

Last edited:

It's not that hard to see Lonzo is more athletic. :lol:

Is he Westbrook, nah but he's cleary a better athlete than Dlo

He's better at catching lobs definitely. But again outside of that he might actually be worse than dlo at attacking defenses off the dribble

Unless Luke puts him in the Deandre Jordan role and has him catching lobs every time down it won't matter. He will still have issues getting around his defender

There's different dimensions of being athletic. Lonzo is a better leaper. Other than that they're about even. Are you saying you expect zo to be blowing by dudes off the dribble? Because all I'm saying is he's not good at that

Last edited:
Homie just refuses to say he's more athletic. :lol:
He's saying that there are more factors to consider than just Lonzo being able to jump a little higher :lol:

He doesn't have much creativity or craftiness with the ball, and he's not blowing by you with a straight line dribble.

So sure, he's can jump higher, but he's less equipped to attack off the bounce than D'Angelo. He also hasn't played in the pnr at HS or college, which adds to the creativity point.

Last edited:
Lonzo is faster that D'lol and will be able to push the floor faster. I really don't understand anyone defending Russell in any capacity.

I'm annoyed that this turned into Dlo vs Lonzo like they couldn't just share the floor together and Dlo couldn't play 1 when Ball was on the bench. Like why wouldn't Dlo benefit with Lonzo on the court? Whatever. If they don't sign 2 max free agents, this trade will look stupid but right now I'm just gunna watch Lonzo and wait for next summer.

I'm annoyed that this turned into Dlo vs Lonzo like they couldn't just share the floor together and Dlo couldn't play 1 when Ball was on the bench. Like why wouldn't Dlo benefit with Lonzo on the court? Whatever. If they don't sign 2 max free agents, this trade will look stupid but right now I'm just gunna watch Lonzo and wait for next summer.

Well it's even more pointless to talk about them sharing the floor when D'lol just got shipped out.

So it's a better observant conversation imo. D'Lol did not like Lonzo from the jump. So there's chemistry issues already.

Homie just refuses to say he's more athletic. :lol:
He's saying that there are more factors to consider than just Lonzo being able to jump a little higher :lol:

He doesn't have much creativity or craftiness with the ball, and he's not blowing by you with a straight line dribble.

So sure, he's can jump higher, but he's less equipped to attack off the bounce than D'Angelo. He also hasn't played in the pnr at HS or college, which adds to the creativity point.

Yeah I know what he saying, the point is Lonzo is more athletic than him. It's clear as day. All that other stuff we'll see how he develops.

Yeah I know what he saying, the point is Lonzo is more athletic than him. It's clear as day. All that other stuff we'll see how he develops.

But he is not more athletic in the traits that matter in half court. I just hope at this point everyone doesn't write him off after the first summer league like D'Lo. I'd be surprised if he averaged more that 10-12 ppg as a rookie

What does that even mean? :lol:
I swear man I sit back and wonder who really hoops in here
"Not more athletic in traits that matter in half court" ... :rolleyes

I am a DLo supporter and wish him well in BK. But Zo is more athletic than him in every way "Full and Halfcourt" lol
Ball is average athletically. He will be fine against average athlete guards but will get chewed up by the ultra athletic guards that our eyes have grown so accustomed too

Where as DLo is an extremely below level athlete and got chewed up by most guards. They are both nothing to scream over but Zo is clearly quicker faster stronger at 19. No hate either cuz I love DLo's game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom