**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I turned a new leaf with Ball. After watching a bit of film on the kid I think he def has the chance to be a Top 5 PG in the league.
He is way diff than DLo in that he actually can get to the cup. He isn't quick by any imagination, but he actually has the ability to go to the rim unlike DLo who often looked like he was stuck in mud.
The one prob I do see with Ball is he doesn't have any dribble moves or shake to his game. He has a very basic game if that makes sense. Thats one reason it will be hard for him to get around ultra athletic guards. He isn't that explosive and he has no shake. He will have to learn 5 or 6 go-to moves that will keep the defense honest (a la Chris Paul's mid range dribble step back).

I also like how he has so much range on his shot. That will come in handy to spread the defense out. He can snipe the defense with shooters in the corners. I just notice he is really confident but he kind of gets disrupted with physicality, he doesnt run to it. He will get dogged by super quick athletic aggressive guards. He lacks a certain 'street' to his game. In due time I think he will overcome all of these things as they will be easy to fix. I am most interest in seeing how he turns out defensively. I feel he has the qualities to be a good lead defender, he has the length and IQ, he just needs the toughness and quick feet.

I see for the future:

Ball
George
Ingram
PF
Zubac

You hope that you draft your future all stars in Ball & Ingram. I dont think either of them are superstar material. Usually superstars are noticed right away, no confusion. They may have the ability to reach lower star status, kind of like the level Paul George is at now but not on a level say Westbrook is at. So after Ball and Ingram drafted, and George here, who in the future can the FO bring in to take on the Warriors?? Whats the end game? And plz dont say Lebron... Lets even say Zu turns out to be a Top 5 C in the league would that be enough

ValarMorghulis ValarMorghulis I see you like digging into my old posts, but you forgot this one, from 3/13:

Dlo at this point is waaaaaay better than Mudiay, it's not even a question

But I think Rob and Magic, as they evaluate this roster, will realize that Dlo is not the player Mitch/Jim thought he was when they drafted him. He doesn't have NBA-level point guard speed nor athleticism. Doesn't have the ability to attack a defense with dribble penetration. Can't attack the rim at 6'5 mind you, and finish in traffic and/or draw fouls.

He's a nice set shooter (albeit streaky) and good with the pick and roll mid range game. Needs a lot of work on his post game, which will come with time.

But the flaws above are not correctable with experience/development. He's slow, unathletic and can't create his shot without at screen.

None of that even touches on his mental makeup and ability to lead, which none of us know about. Magic/Rob will have discussions with him and will evaluate how he is, who he is, what makes him tick, how he is in practice and in the locker room.

All of that will factor into whether he'll be the longterm solution at PG.

And in my opinion, he will be traded if we keep our pick and draft a PG.

All of those assumptions were that he stays in the PG role, while he could just as easily play the SG and spell Ball at the PG few mins a game.

While Klay is rim checking himself in China, and Harden had similar concerns in OKC and the league is the least populated with true SGs it's really ever been...You think it was wise to trade a 21 y/o asset to prove a point?

Then it is widely considered that Ball and D'lo could compliment each other on the Off end, you think that chasing the pipe dream of snagging PG is worth giving up on him?

The fact that you didn't/don't like him personally shouldn't shape the fact that they spend a #2 pick on the kid and he was developing but they never really gave him the opportunity to grow with the new regime. Again, scapegoated on the way out was a bad look.

His value was able to get rid of Moz horrible deal, doesn't that give you pause if/when that it was a mistake?
ESPECIALLY if PG isn't acquired this offseason.

And you have no idea that they WOULDN'T of worked.

What's your point?

It's my opinion.

If Ball can make random SG #99 next year be great, what could he have done with a top 3 talent from 2015 draft [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Blind hate clouds you.

And you have no idea that they WOULDN'T of worked.

What's your point?

It's my opinion.

If Ball can make random SG #99 next year be great, what could he have done with a top 3 talent from 2015 draft [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Blind hate clouds you.

When did we get KAT, Booker, Zinger or Turner?

How quickly you forget Voldermort was less than enthused to say the least at the very prospect of having to play with the Big Baller. Glad we cut bait before his immaturity divided the locker room.

While Klay is rim checking himself in China, and Harden had similar concerns in OKC and the league is the least populated with true SGs it's really ever been...You think it was wise to trade a 21 y/o asset to prove a point?

Curious, so you think Klay and Harden are the only good SGs in the league and they've fallen off?

I'm merely making the point that neither is the most athletic guy in the L, and they share some of the similar concerns... D'lo would of been just fine at the SG position.

At point guard he was getting ate no question but so will Ball so

Last edited:
DLol already knew he was getting shipped out.

Which is why he was always throwing shade at Ball.

Management just like the rest of us saw that Lonzo >>>>>> DLol

:smokin

On the court, I'm looking more forward to Ball than I was Russell when we first got him. I think Ball in his 2nd year will be entirely better than D'Lo in his 4th year.

My biggest issue with Ball so far, and obviously I've said it many times, is his father. I'm not with the clown *** sideshow antics and arrogance. I'm completely proud of him building his brand, though. We see so many mothers in sports like KD's mom, but here's a dad who has set his sons up to succeed super nice as long as they put in the work.

Just his arrogance and antics. Bleh. :lol:

But Lonzo, though? I'm excited about HIM. Even though I wish we would have taken Fox, I really don't think the difference between the two right now is enough for someone to be terribly upset about theit choice not being picked and terribly upset about the other guy in purple and gold.

Last edited:
Lavar is obviously putting extras on it cuz he know arrogance makes people sensitive and uncomfortable and yet they'll keep watching and listening to him. All this is promo. He don't have the commercials like Nike and all these other companies so this is him and his sons promo. That's all it is and it's played out perfect for them. Smart man.

Lonzo is actually a lot more athletic than DLo :lol:

Yes. I don't know what people are talking with "they have the same concerns". Lonzo was out there catching lobs and dunking on people at UCLA.

DLo is still a good player with good potential but with his personality he had to go. it's clear Magic and everybody else saw he wasn't maturing at all.

Reactions: God
Outside of the dunks lonzo and dlo are the same athletically. And boogie is pushing 30 and still hasn't matured at all but watch magic pursue him

Last edited:
Lonzo is actually a lot more athletic than DLo :lol:

He may be faster and may be able to jump higher, but he still isn't quick and doesn't beat people off the dribble. That was a big issue with D'Lo and it will be an issue with D'Lonzo as well.

All that will be masked though if they increase the pace and constantly run off of board. To do that you have to get stops though.

Last edited:
19379591_314349109015860_9132853311874007040_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom