**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Magic jumped the gun IMO...

This is the major point.... if the deal wasn't in place for PG you DO NOT under any circumstances trade D'lo.

The team first rhetoric is just flat out false.

These kids (Randle, Ingram, Clarkson and DLO) were all "brodies" and spent time outside bonding and growing closer.

Its just stupid.

Now, if the trade led to and LANDED PG I could definitely be OK with it.

4 days after DARAT gets traded and you still have these save a rats on the thread? Face it fellas. Dude was a flop and Magic needed to get rid of his toxic personality. Will Ball coming in, now was the best time to do it :rolleyes

You dudes needs to chill. Trust the process. :smokin

Reactions: God
This is the major point.... if the deal wasn't in place for PG you DO NOT under any circumstances trade D'lo.

These kids (Randle, Ingram, Clarkson and DLO) were all "brodies" and spent time outside bonding and growing closer.

Its just stupid.

I understand your point, but it assumes this new regime valued him as a player more than they valued cap space. It could be they just weren't fans of his game and presence behind the scenes. It also shows he had some value to Brooklyn because they were willing to take Moz to get him

Magic jumped the gun IMO...
if the deal wasn't in place for PG you DO NOT under any circumstances trade D'lo

Exactly.

If for some reason PG gets traded to Boston and loves it there we're ******!

If we don't get 2 superstars this was a bad move, so let's just pray on PG and lil pee pee bron bron in 2018 fellas! [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Last edited:

Its just stupid.

I understand your point, but it assumes this new regime valued him as a player more than they valued cap space. It could be they just weren't fans of his game and presence behind the scenes. It also shows he had some value to Brooklyn because they were willing to take Moz to get him

Cap space is useless unless you use it for the guys you want i.e. the last 3 summers we've had.

I think this was a rash decision and the way Magic scapegoated D'lo was not accurate.

Did he work hard? By all accounts, not hard enough. Cool.

Was he immature? By all accounts, sure. Cool.

He's still a 21 y/o asset, that could of played and raised his value even higher. We gave up on after basically his rookie year, seeing as his rookie year was the Kobe Farewell Tour.

What the optics are, Magic/staff didn't like him ( :rolleyes ) and flipped him prematurely, to build in cap space that we can't use BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE THE ASSETS TO TRADE FOR!

Could we have gave Russell's to the All-Star break to build his value, since Lonzo is going to make everyone SOOOOOO better?!

Beyond frustrating.

Magic and Rob made it a point to emphasize that character is a big part of the players they're going after. Based on that I doubt Boogie would be a target in FA next year.

We got rid of a bad locker room guy. It's a win regardless.

What point does that prove? Getting rid of him...

All these guys are young and can be molded.

Remember, you're Magic.

You can't develop this kid?

If this does not land PG, it was a rash decision plan and simple.

Magic and Rob made it a point to emphasize that character is a big part of the players they're going after. Based on that I doubt Boogie would be a target in FA next year.

And if and when he is a "target" what will that tell you about the D'lo narrative?

Last edited:
What point does that prove? Getting rid of him...

All these guys are young and can be molded.

Remember, you're Magic.

You can't develop this kid?

If this does not land PG, it was a rash decision plan and simple.

Y'all keep putting this on Magic alone. He definitely consulted Luke and co about this.

Jerry West LARGELY get credit for holding Shaq/Kobe together. Can Magic not work the same.....magic?

Y'all still in mourning :lol:

Confucius said "this too shall pass"

When PG is about to agree to Boston... the stupidity of the move is what's left.

Magic, rob and Luke didn't want Dlo on this team. Part locker room and leadership, part skill set (push the ball, run the offense)

That's it

Magic, Rob and Luke had a twinkle of getting PG in their eyes.... They were blinded.

That's it.

Last edited:
Magic, rob and Luke didn't want Dlo on this team. Part locker room and leadership, part skill set (push the ball, run the offense)

That's it

Jerry West LARGELY get credit for holding Shaq/Kobe together. Can Magic not work the same.....magic?

Is Magic Jerry West? Don't know what the point of this is. The LAKERS didn't want him a part of the future point blank period. Get over it. You would have thought we traded 06 Kobe the way y'all acting.

Is Magic Jerry West? Don't know what the point of this is. The LAKERS didn't want him a part of the future point blank period. Get over it. You would have thought we traded 06 Kobe the way y'all acting.

You've never been a fan of D'lo, so I don't know what the point of this is... but....

He was our best player last year!

...and we gave him up for a pipe dream.

Last edited:
Dlo stans should actually be happy that Brooklyn took him and validated his worth. I mean they think he's so good that they're willing to take Moz

IF by the grace of God and all things holy.... if all this lands us Paul freaking George WITHOUT us giving up Ingram

I will bow down and thank the heavens that D'lo was moved.

Until then.... it was ASININE!

IF you call that a "D'lo stan" yup... I'm a stan. :rolleyes

Last edited:
It's crazy how two sets of coaching staffs and FO people have voiced that there is a maturity problem with Russell and players on his team didn't care for him; and then the Nick Young situation and people still upset and confused to why he is gone

Even when players from other teams said they wouldn't play with him due to what he did to Young.

How is that attractive when you want to bring in super stars?

Last edited:
"Flop ...*****
Coming from someone who makes whip sound tolerable
"Bad locker room guy ", last I checked him and clarkson were best of buds and NY wasn't all that broken up

Some of you wildin

It's funny because the people saying get over it are the ones still complaining about the Deng and Moz signing. How dare people have a difference of opinion than you about a transaction that happened a week ago!

I am yet to get an answer to this. Is this a good trade if we don't get 2 superstars next year or any for that matter?

Last edited:
You guys saying that dlo was the a bad locker room guy... he had to go blah blah blah but yet the lakers first intention was to trade mozgov or deng with draft picks but no one wanted that. Obviously the lakers didn't want to trade dlo. If we didn't have those bad contracts dlo would of been a laker still

Josh Hart & Kyle Kuzma gunna be a fan favorites in no time. Especially Hart.

Kuzma isn't as athletic as Randle or Nance, but I like his overall offensive game a lot.

2 really good players to pair with Lonzo. Gunna be fun.

Back
Top Bottom