**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Dudes tripping over themselves to back up Magic and say **** to justify the move.

Dlo's defensive stats again huh... every SF in the league torched the **** outta Ingram last year but not a peep from the **** Dlo faction.

Dudes tripping over themselves to back up Magic and say **** to justify the move.

Dlo's defensive stats again huh... every SF in the league torched the **** outta Ingram last year but not a peep from the **** Dlo faction.
For someone who preaches patience...you are showing some hypocrisy over there.

Lol not like he gave Wall a 30 piece or Kyrie a 40 piece or anything like that..

Just watch man.

If the nets trust DLO and let him shoot and play like the suns do Book then it's gonna be a lot of ppl in here left with a bad taste in their mouth. Including myself.

D lo is gonna make the lakers regret it. I would be shocked if he doesn't.

They're better than D'Lo and are much older than him? They're supposed to eat.

Has nothing to do with you saying he won't eat against those guys when he already has before

Maybe I'm in the minority, I just don't consider it a good game when the guy you're defending gets more points than you, it's a net loss
If Dlo gets 30 and his man gets 40, I don't view that as a good game for Dlo. YOur team lost that matchup

Not to mention, there were AT LEAST 8-10 games where Dlo was put back in with 5-6 minutes left, jacked up a few 3's and padded his stats. Can't deny that

Last edited:
I am stunned that he was able to score so easily against premier defender Kyrie Irving

Kyrie doesn't defend.

Again that has Nothing to do with the point of contention here?

Why is it amazing he scored 40 on him is my point. Brandon Jennings dropped 55 his rookie year and look where he is now.

You guys crying and complaining are acting like a bunch of kids that got their toys taken away.

Last edited:
It's painfully obvious dudes haven't even been paying attention and just spout anything then when that doesn't work watch them goal posts start shuffling

Why is it amazing he scored 40 on him is my point. Brandon Jennings dropped 55 his rookie year and look where he is now.

You guys crying and complaining are acting like a bunch of kids that got their toys taken away.
I didn't say it was amazing.

All i'm saying is that he got off against guys that my man said that he wouldn't be able to get off against. HE said that
laugh.gif
that's all.

Maybe I'm in the minority, I just don't consider it a good game when the guy you're defending gets more points than you, it's a net loss
If Dlo gets 30 and his man gets 40, I don't view that as a good game for Dlo. YOur team lost that matchup

Not to mention, there were AT LEAST 8-10 games where Dlo was put back in with 5-6 minutes left, jacked up a few 3's and padded his stats. Can't deny that
This isn't what you said though man.

You said D'Lo would get off in the east EXCEPT against players that he's already gotten off against before. That's all i'm saying. Whether it was a good game or not, all that isn't my point. I'm just saying he gave buckets to some guys next year that you said he wouldn't be able to get off against next year. Simple.

Look look, my man crush got 39 points

But the guy he was guarding got 46 and won the game with clutch 4th quarter buckets while your man crush defended him

Hater!! My man crush is the best 21 point guard in history and will be a Laker for his career

BI's scouting report

+ No. 2 overall pick who boasts rare combination of length and shooting

+ Can create his own shot off the dribble and shows playmaking flashes

+ Has major defensive potential thanks to frame but must add strength

During his lone season at Duke, Ingram forced his way into a debate over the No. 1 overall pick by virtue of averaging 17.3 points per game and shooting 41.0 percent from 3-point range. While the Philadelphia 76ers ultimately settled on LSU forward Ben Simmons at No. 1, the Lakers didn't view Ingram as a consolation prize. Having signed Deng as a free agent, the Lakers can bring the skinny 19-year-old -- the league's second-youngest player -- along slowly.

Like Deng, Ingram thrived after moving to power forward after an injury to Duke big man Amile Jefferson. His 3-point shooting opened the floor from the position and gives him a high floor offensively in the NBA. To become a star, Ingram must continue improving his shot creation. He could get by NCAA defenders with a quick first step but must tighten his handle to beat NBA opponents. During the NBA summer league, Ingram did flash a little more playmaking ability than he showed at Duke, which will serve him well as he grows into a primary offensive option.

Ingram's long arms are the first trait that captured scouts' attention. While he didn't participate in the pre-draft combine, Ingram's wingspan was measured at 7-foot-3 at the Nike Hoop Summit. He can swallow up opponents but could do more to utilize his wingspan in the passing lanes. Ingram will block shots either from the weak side or on the perimeter. The next step is adding strength without sacrificing quickness to better deal with physical NBA opponents, and possibly eventually allow Ingram to play some as a stretch 4.

Dlo's scouting report

+Â Talented pick-and-roll point guard shackled as a rookie

+ Potential as a shooter sets up drive-and-dish game

+ Lackadaisical defender who must improve effort

For the No. 2 overall pick, Russell endured a bumpy rookie season, frequently butting heads with old-school head coach Byron Scott and coming off the bench for much of December and January after a slow start. Ultimately, Russell's debut was pretty good for a one-and-done point guard. He became the seventh player to average at least 16 points and four assists per 36 minutes in a season started at age 19 (Russell turned 20 late in February). Of the others, only Lamar Odom never developed into an All-Star.

The arrival of Luke Walton as Scott's replacement should be great news for Russell, who will have more freedom to play his pick-and-roll game. While Russell wasn't efficient in the pick-and-roll as a rookie, his ability to shoot pull-up jumpers off the dribble with 3-point range forces defenses to play him honestly, setting him up to turn the corner. He made strides over the course of his rookie season in finishing with his right hand and showed a good in-between game, making 46.0 percent of his attempts between three and 10 feet, according to Basketball-Reference.com.

In fairness to Scott, Russell's pick-and-roll opportunities were also limited by a lack of credible roll men on the roster. As a result, Russell mostly looked to score, though he has the court vision to make value-added passes when he's thinking like a playmaker. Russell's passing is also a weapon when he draws double-teams posting up smaller defenders, which otherwise allows him to shoot turnaround jumpers.

Russell's defense has been something of a disappointment. He has the size to give smaller point guards trouble but has difficulty keeping them in front of him. Russell might shade opponents too much to one direction or another, allowing them to beat him the other way. And even during an impressive performance at the NBA summer league in Las Vegas, he got torched by T.J. McConnell of the Philadelphia 76ers.

This isn't what you said though man.

You said D'Lo would get off in the east EXCEPT against players that he's already gotten off against before. That's all i'm saying. Whether it was a good game or not, all that isn't my point. I'm just saying he gave buckets to some guys next year that you said he wouldn't be able to get off against next year. Simple.

My bad, i thought "he's gonna eat" meant he was gonna have great games against them. If you're talking strictly points, yes he had some good scoring outputs and bad defensive games against them

So you gonna pay the man or keep talking **** to anyone that brings it up? :lol:

Don't be mad whiplash knows more about ball than you do

Told that fool from day one I'm not meeting up with him. He won't accept PayPal venmo or anything and insists on a meet up. Not my problem

Back
Top Bottom