**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

[thread="654452"]Quote:[/thread]

Lonzo would have been a better floor general than DLo would have ever been

Fox would be miles better on defense than DLo was

I would be happy with whoever we pick of the two.

What was your opinion of dlo at the time of the draft?
I thought he was a good shooter and good court vision, but was limited athletically.

tenor.gif
:rofl:

I mean...does he even know he just described Lonzo??
What if I told you that Lonzo is even better than DLo at directing an offense....

roll.gif
If you think Lonzo and Russell are similar players
I've been saying for the past month at least that they have similar flaws.

All the complaining about not driving enough, lazy passes, bad defense.... Lonzo has all of those issues also.

I mean Lonzo was catching lobs and dunking on dudes at UCLA. Dlo can barely dunk

come on guys....

Last edited:
roll.gif
If you think Lonzo and Russell are similar players
I mean, they have extremely similar flaws.  Both only go left off the dribble (lonzo due to limations on his shot), but were meh defenders, both lacked the quickness to beat people off the dribble. 

Lonzo has better vision that is for sure, but he also has many of the same qualities.

:rofl: If you think Lonzo and Russell are similar players

All the complaining about not driving enough, lazy passes, bad defense.... Lonzo has all of those issues also.

Zo's defense was better than D Lo in college. All this "Fox torched him" talk, Fox was abusing UCLA bigs on pick and rolls the whole game. Zo didn't give up all those points. I actually think his defense is hated on more than it should be here.
Zo sees an offense significantly better too, looks to set others up first instead of only passing when it's opportune statistically. I believe he shot better from NBA range than Russell in college as well.
Russell's passing was incredibly overrated because it looked cool, Zo can get lazy with his passes but not in volume, I personally think he's the best college passer I've seen in awhile. But that's me.

Nothing is certain, but that's how I see it. A lot of NBA players can't play defense or make bad passes, doesn't make them similar players.

Last edited:
:rofl: If you think Lonzo and Russell are similar players

Do you realize that Lonzo's statistics were better than DLo's except in PPG and FT percentage in college?
Lonzo averaged more assists, rebounds, steals, blocks, less turnovers, and a higher field goal percentage....
You guys are starting to sound nuts.

I mean Lonzo was catching lobs and dunking on dudes at UCLA

come on guys....
In transition he's amazing. In the half court he can disappear. 

That isn't a knock, I love his game and hope we draft him.

I just hope everyone knows what kind of player they're getting.

Our transition game with Dlo and JC was horrendous last year. Randle too. How many times did we botch a 3 on 1, 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 break?

Maybe now we can have an uptempo style with a lead guard who knows how to run a break

Last edited:
Our transition game with Dlo and JC was horrendous last year. Randle too. How many times did we botch a 3 on 1, 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 break?

Maybe now we can have an uptempo style with a lead guard who knows how to run a break
Agreed.  This is definitely something that would improve with Ball.  I'm just worried about when things slow down and they need someone to get a bucket.  Who is going to be the guy to get them points?

Our transition game with Dlo and JC was horrendous last year

100%

But in the half court we're going to need another guy to help run the offense until he improves his ball handling and PNR skills.

Like, I'm being completely objective and I'm not breaking news right now.
laugh.gif

These are concerns that most ppl have with his game. Which is completely normal for a 19 yr old.

All I'm saying, when he struggles with certain things (that Dlo struggled with also) don't bash him. Let him grow, he's going to need a couple years at least.

His attitude will most definitely buy him more time and patience than Dlo. His dad on the other hand...

Our transition game with Dlo and JC was horrendous last year

100%

But in the half court we're going to need another guy to help run the offense until he improves his ball handling and PNR skills.

Like, I'm being completely objective and I'm not breaking news right now.:lol:

These are concerns that most ppl have with his game. Which is completely normal for a 19 yr old.

All I'm saying, when he struggles with certain things (that Dlo struggled with also) don't bash him. Let him grow, he's going to need a couple years at least.

His attitude will most definitely buy him more time and patience than Dlo. His dad on the other hand...
And this is why DLo got traded and is getting replaced by Lonzo or Fox

I think Dlo's too cool for school attitude and playing style contributed to him being traded, as did his actual skill set

Back
Top Bottom