**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Magic is the same guy who said MCW was the next J Kidd. I hold whatever GM expertise these guys have as nothing until they show they can win.

Magic & Jeanie didn't even interview any real people with front office experience. He just went straight for Kobe's boy [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Like I said tho, if they get Bron I don't care.

Man we can't be using tweets as scouting reports he's got a team with him doing the work too. I hate how everything is Magic recklessly making decisions :lol:

Also, if you guys want to see something fun, look at Danny Ferry's drafting since 2003. Might make you feel a little better about the Magic thing if he makes a few moves you hate early :lol:

Let this be very, very, VERY, clear.

I love Ingram. Excited as hell for his future and what he may turn into.

My countering of his rookie year is merely to show everyone's *** at how they viewed him, vs a different 19 year old.

Another example needed?

Magic traded DLo, Byron hated him, "trust the staff, they know more than you, they see the film, they see the work, they know more than you do!!!!"

Phil is shopping KP "Phil is an idiot!!!!!"

Ainge works out Fultz, isn't impressed, flips him and lands 2 extra picks "Ainge is a fool, what a moron!!!!"

People just spit just to spit around here.

Durant is a sucker for joining GSW, what a clown.....
Bron is cool for joining Miami with Wade and Bosh.....

Knicks are stupid for trading pieces for Melo when they could have waited...
"We should trade pieces for Paul George!!!!!!!"

Like, do y'all listen to yourselves?
laugh.gif

I've asked multiple times, what's the end game here for Magic? Lure PG and Bron for 2018? So we can not even win our own division? So Bron can turn 34-35-36 and do what, exactly?

No one can answer. They just want "stars". You guys wanna yell "The Lakers are back!!!!!" and finish in 2nd place in the Pacific Division.

If you believe in somethin one way, why y'all go the other direction for exact same scenarios elsewhere? Anyone?

The worst part of the entire trade is that stretching both Deng & Mozgov after the season would have cut $4 extra mil off the cap in 2018 & 2019 than clearing Moz completely and still paying Deng....

And even worse, is that even after this terrible trade, you're still going to have to gut JC and likely Randle anyways to hit that master plan.

So we go from Ball / Russell / Ingram / Randle / Clarkson....... To Ball / Ingram

The idea of "let the youngins grow up" is gone. Done. Over. Finished.

It's about star collecting now.

So with that in mind, if Magic has an opportunity to acquire one, why should Brandon Ingram be "untouchable?"

Every guy this morning is saying the Lakers Ingram and #2 offer isn't enough

.... and before you say it....

Guys we're in here saying that those same talking heads were giving us good "trade grades"

Last edited:
magic flip floppin all over the place what a dunce

It sucks because it seems like he's done everything he can do to NOT take Lonzo, but he's going to because he has no better choice.
He failed at being able to get fultz, he failed at trading back to the kings picks, he failed at being able to get KP, he got rid of DLo for too little (I understand the underlying point to it but imo still too little regardless of the market value), hasn't been able to secure PG yet, and now is stuck having to use the #2.

I think he's going to draft Lonzo tonight and front as if he was "thee pick" all along, act like Zo has been his boy from the start and he's the future of the Lakers and going to be a super star... but nah man, if you felt that confident in zo you wouldn't be spending weeks trying to trade the pick to be able to attain anything else BUT Zo.

If nothing else happens before tonight he's going to have to take Zo, but it just bothers me that he's basically doing it as a last resort instead of actually believing in Zo and wanting him from the jump. :smh:

It sucks because it seems like he's done everything he can do to NOT take Lonzo, but he's going to because he has no better choice.
He failed at being able to get fultz, he failed at trading back to the kings picks, he failed at being able to get KP, he got rid of DLo for too little (I understand the underlying point to it but imo still too little regardless of the market value), hasn't been able to secure PG yet, and now is stuck having to use the #2.

I think he's going to draft Lonzo tonight and front as if he was "thee pick" all along, act like Zo has been his boy from the start and he's the future of the Lakers and going to be a super star... but nah man, if you felt that confident in zo you wouldn't be spending weeks trying to trade the pick to be able to attain anything else BUT Zo.

If nothing else happens before tonight he's going to have to take Zo, but it just bothers me that he's basically doing it as a last resort instead of actually believing in Zo and wanting him from the jump. :smh:

Not executing a trade =/= failing. I'm glad Magic and Rob did their due diligence and explored all of this options. Looking around doesn't for deals doesn't mean they believe in Lonzo any less.

The idea of "let the youngins grow up" is gone. Done. Over. Finished.

It's about star collecting now.

So with that in mind, if Magic has an opportunity to acquire one, why should Brandon Ingram be "untouchable?"

This. I don't mind letting the young guys play but what concerns me is paying these guys in afew years. I'd hate to shell out $15-20 to each of the young guys (Clarkson/Randle/Ingram/Nance) only to get bounced in the first round and be a treadmill team. This league is about star acquisition and filling in the roster from there.

Not executing a trade =/= failing. I'm glad Magic and Rob did their due diligence and explored all of this options. Looking around doesn't for deals doesn't mean they believe in Lonzo any less.

Exactly. If they weren't doing their due diligence on every front I'd be more concerned. The pick value is at its highest before the selection is made. You canvas and see what you can get for it.

Deals like the Deng and Mozgov (lots of other bad contracts were offered last summer too like Demarre Carroll and Bismack Biyombo) look even worse now that the salary cap has gone down. It's going from $102 mil to $99 mil. Last summer the consensus around the league was these awful deals weren't as bad as they looked because the cap was going to explode up to $110 mil or $120 mil and teams could absorb them easily moving forward. Look how that worked out.

IMO, this makes the Dlo deal look even better now that we were able to dump Mozgov. Still have Deng eating up 20% of our cap next year though. :smh:

Last edited:
I love them doing due diligence. That's not what I'm referring to.
Working out every prospect, having multiple meets and interviews, exploring trade options, cool that's all due diligence.

It's just my humble opinion and I'm hoping that I'm wrong but the last week or so I just got the vibe that Magic wasn't sending smoke screens and the reports that he wasn't highly impressed with Zo's workouts were actually true. Him trying to trade back for the 5 + 10 to use towards PG was a combination of stupidity and lack of faith in Zo being too good to pass up.

I just don't think Magic wanted to have to take Zo, that's just my personal opinion.
I don't think it was the due diligence that'll lead to us drafting him tonight, I think it's it being more of a last option.

Working out every prospect, having multiple meets and interviews, exploring trade options, cool that's all due diligence.

It's just my humble opinion and I'm hoping that I'm wrong but the last week or so I just got the vibe that Magic wasn't sending smoke screens and the reports that he wasn't highly impressed with Zo's workouts were actually true. Him trying to trade back for the 5 + 10 to use towards PG was a combination of stupidity and lack of faith in Zo being too good to pass up.

I just don't think Magic wanted to have to take Zo, that's just my personal opinion.
I don't think it was the due diligence that'll lead to us drafting him tonight, I think it's it being more of a last option.

Why do you believe that report? And every single prospect was rumored to have a less than stellar workout except Fultz. Lonzo's 2nd workout was solid. Everyone and they're mama said when the D'Lo trade went down in part it was cause Magic actually does want Lonzo. This isn't a settle, they've scouted this kid extensively, went to many of his games, and unlike the last regime, let something like a workout be the determining factor to select a prospect. Which obviously didn't workout for us. They are going to go with their gut and we'll hopefully strike gold.

Why do you believe that report? And every single prospect was rumored to have a less than stellar workout except Fultz. Lonzo's 2nd workout was solid. Everyone and they're mama said when the D'Lo trade went down in part it was cause Magic actually does want Lonzo. This isn't a settle, they've scouted this kid extensively, went to many of his games, and unlike the last regime, let something like a workout be the determining factor to select a prospect. Which obviously didn't workout for us. They are going to go with their gut and we'll hopefully strike gold.

I hope you're right man, I really do. [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Trading back to 5 and 10 would be ideal IMO. This draft is deep 1-10, with Fultz being far and away the best prospect. You can get similar talent Zo in the 5-10 range. Fox is on Lonzo's level and will probably be available at 5. Getting Fox and Monk >>>> Zo or getting Fox and trading 10,28 and Clarkson and for PG >>> Zo, too.

Deals like the Deng and Mozgov (lots of other bad contracts were offered last summer too like Demarre Carroll and Bismack Biyombo) look even worse now that the salary cap has gone down. It's going from $102 mil to $99 mil. Last summer the consensus around the league was these awful deals weren't as bad as they looked because the cap was going to explode up to $110 mil or $120 mil and teams could absorb them easily moving forward. Look how that worked out.

IMO, this makes the Dlo deal look even better now that we were able to dump Mozgov. Still have Deng eating up 20% of our cap next year though.
mean.gif
Im not sure where you are getting your numbers here.  Salary cap was 94.1 last year, and they are setting it at 99 instead of the projected 101-103 that they were potentially thinking for this year so the cap has still gone up, but by 4 mil less than expected.  I think they are just trying to increase it at a slower pace given what happened last year with the Warriors. They are still projecting another 5M increase or so for next year.

Last edited:
magic flip floppin all over the place what a dunce

Do y'all even for sure they was trying that hard to trade the pick? :lol:

It's been a thousand rumors going around we just gonna believe everything that came out? At the end of day Lonzo is a perfect, especially now that DLo is gone and PG is coming. All that other **** don't matter.

Last edited:
I hope you're right man, I really do. [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

There's also the Lavar Ball power play too. Lavar Ball has been talking about how he knows the Lakers are picking Zo since the lottery. I think telling everyone how unimpressed we were and making him come back for another workout, scouting other prospects, looking at trades were all part of a plan to show Lavar that he's not running anything and the Lakers will not be dictated to by anyone. Notice how quiet he's been lately?

There's also the Lavar Ball power play too. Lavar Ball has been talking about how he knows the Lakers are picking Zo since the lottery. I think telling everyone how unimpressed we were and making him come back for another workout, scouting other prospects, looking at trades were all part of a plan to show Lavar that he's not running anything and the Lakers will not be dictated to by anyone. Notice how quiet he's been lately?

Honestly that never even crossed my mind as a possibility. Good take, repped.

Do y'all even for sure they was trying that hard to trade the pick?
laugh.gif

It's been a thousand rumors going around we just gonna believe everything that came out? At the end of day Lonzo is a perfect, especially now that DLo is gone and PG is coming. All that other **** don't matter.
Honestly though, as a team you really don't want to tell other teams who the hell you are drafting.  If we know fultz is going number one, and we tell everyone ball is going two, then if someone like the knicks really likes jackson and wants to trade KP then we arent even getting a call because they know they will overpay for the 2 vs 3.  You lose all leverage if you tell everyone who you are taking unless that team wants ball and it sounds like at this point, there is more interest in jackson than ball.

Back
Top Bottom