**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Gordon Hayward didn't average 15+ until his 4th year. 5 his rookie season. Sometimes things take time. Ingram is 19, give him a chance before writing him off so easily guys.

says the man who was excited russell got traded for a salary dump

Lmao at comparing Giannis to BI. Not even close.

Wonder if Dlo & the 2 pick would've got it done for KP. Honesty id do whatever to get him. The thought of KP & Bron + PG together is crazy.

Last edited:
I didn't compare them as players. Just was saying that you number nerds that loved Russell so much shouldn't look so hard into BI's rookie numbers.

Gordon Hayward didn't average 15+ until his 4th year. 5 his rookie season. Sometimes things take time. Ingram is 19, give him a chance before writing him off so easily guys

View media item 2472525
Russell didn't show me anything more enticing than Ingram did this rookie season. Laugh all you want but Ingram's discipline and IQ and him slowly putting it together the end of the season impressed me. Russell being a bonehead and getting toasted but having big moments did not.

Last edited:
The worst part of the entire trade is that stretching both Deng & Mozgov after the season would have cut $4 extra mil off the cap in 2018 & 2019 than clearing Moz completely and still paying Deng....

And even worse, is that even after this terrible trade, you're still going to have to gut JC and likely Randle anyways to hit that master plan.

So we go from Ball / Russell / Ingram / Randle / Clarkson....... To Ball / Ingram

Last edited:
I didn't compare them as players. Just was saying that you number nerds that loved Russell so much shouldn't look so hard into BI's rookie numbers.

Gordon Hayward didn't average 15+ until his 4th year. 5 his rookie season. Sometimes things take time. Ingram is 19, give him a chance before writing him off so easily guys

View media item 2472525
Russell didn't show me anything more enticing than Ingram did this rookie season. Laugh all you want but Ingram's discipline and IQ and him slowly putting it together the end of the season impressed me. Russell being a bonehead and getting toasted but having big moments did not.

So we should be patient, like you twits were with DLo?

Oh, no, that wasn't a thing. Weird.

Let this be very, very, VERY, clear.

I love Ingram. Excited as hell for his future and what he may turn into.

My countering of his rookie year is merely to show everyone's *** at how they viewed him, vs a different 19 year old.

Another example needed?

Magic traded DLo, Byron hated him, "trust the staff, they know more than you, they see the film, they see the work, they know more than you do!!!!"

Phil is shopping KP "Phil is an idiot!!!!!"

Ainge works out Fultz, isn't impressed, flips him and lands 2 extra picks "Ainge is a fool, what a moron!!!!"

People just spit just to spit around here.

Durant is a sucker for joining GSW, what a clown.....
Bron is cool for joining Miami with Wade and Bosh.....

Knicks are stupid for trading pieces for Melo when they could have waited...
"We should trade pieces for Paul George!!!!!!!"

Like, do y'all listen to yourselves? :lol:

I've asked multiple times, what's the end game here for Magic? Lure PG and Bron for 2018? So we can not even win our own division? So Bron can turn 34-35-36 and do what, exactly?

No one can answer. They just want "stars". You guys wanna yell "The Lakers are back!!!!!" and finish in 2nd place in the Pacific Division.

If you believe in somethin one way, why y'all go the other direction for exact same scenarios elsewhere? Anyone?

View media item 2472525

So we should be patient, like you twits were with DLo?

Oh, no, that wasn't a thing. Weird.

My last paragraphs addresses that. Like I said, Ingram's tendencies and habits and upside came off as more significant than Russell's to me. I watched Russell twice as much on the pro level and came to that conclusion that I don't think he just has it in him. Giannis and Hayward, I was riding with those dudes their rookie year. Just like I am with Ingram. It's MY opinion but you anti-D Lo trade guys are still resorting to name calling and acting like kids which tells me enough about where you guys stand on trying to discuss things that way :lol:
I honestly don't even know what you guys are getting out of posting so redundantly.

Last edited:
Also, if it's hypocritical for us to write off D Lo and push for Ingram, why isn't equally as hypocritical for you that wanted D Lo and want to dump Ingram now? If it's that so black and white for you.

Also, if it's hypocritical for us to write off D Lo and push for Ingram, why isn't equally as hypocritical for you that wanted D Lo and want to dump Ingram now? If it's that so black and white for you.

Who wants to dump Ingram??????

Did you miss the 5 pages screaming dump the 2 pick and BI for KP????

You see me say it? Nope.

Call them out for it, I got no prob with you for doin it.

Nah I rather would've kept em all, but if we're going after the sure things to pair with PG & Bron or whoever else, I would prefer KP. The perfect package would've been Ingram & Dlo so we could pair KP with Ball, but the Knicks want Josh Jackson so ehh. I would've offered Ball/2pick and Ingram for KP cuz I think Dlo/2/PG/Bron/KP would've been lit. I'll take Ball & Lebron all day tho [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Last edited:

Did you miss the 5 pages screaming dump the 2 pick and BI for KP????

You see me say it? Nope.

Call them out for it, I got no prob with you for doin it.

We're good then.
To be fair too, I get why you guys wanted more for the trade/keep D Lo. I just didn't see the move as badly as some of you. I've made this points earlier so I don't want to keep hammering it but a lot of my knocks on him were the things that seemed to get him shipped out of town. I supported him until the trade, but I also support the Lakers and will give this front office a chance if they gauged his value and couldn't get better as well as though he wasn't a proper fit for the team and didn't have the fire they wanted to see from him. Don't you think there's a reason why they valued someone who didn't show as much statistically over the guy they drafted a year before at the same spot? I'm in for a backcourt of Ball, George and Ingram. Will it happen? No clue. But Russell couldn't be a part of a future with PG, BI and what I assume will be our next point guard in this draft. He wants to be the man and you can tell, I just think he has mental and physical setbacks that can't be necessarily fixed easily, if at all.

Last edited:
Magic is the same guy who said MCW was the next J Kidd. I hold whatever GM expertise these guys have as nothing until they show they can win.

Magic & Jeanie didn't even interview any real people with front office experience. They just went straight for Kobe's boy [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Like I said tho, if they get Bron I don't care.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom