**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Its interesting how Lopez's defense is criticized yet D'Lo's isn't mentioned.

Some of you are acting like we just lost Gary Payton in his prime for Enes Kanter.

There is no major defensive trade off so why the **** are you focusing on Lopez' defense?

D'Lo couldn't stop a nosebleed defensively.

We were the worst defensive team in the world the last few years, it's not getting any worse because we got Brooke Lopez :lol:

A bad defender at the 5 position is much worse than a bad defender as a guard.

Interesting. Didn't know the 5 position was useful to stop the 3 point barrages that we see in todays game out on the wing.

Try again.

Ingram as a rookie (All the talent in the world, athletic, untouchable, building block of the future)

28.8 Minutes a game
9 points
4 boards
2 assists
40%, 29%, 62%
8.5 PER

DLo as a rookie (Slow, lazy, poor leader, unathletic, never amount to ****, trade this bum after his first summer league game)

28.2 Minutes a game
13 points
3.4 boards
3.3 assists
41%, 35%, 74%
13.2 PER

I guess it pays to be "humble" and quiet. :lol:

You're making the comparison way too simple. Ingram is valued more for good reasons.
Why do you Russell guys never talk about his actual game and just stick by the numbers every single time?
Michael Carter-Williams was a Rookie of the Year you would've valued him more than BI?

Some dude's care more about decimal points and digits on an excel sheet rather than comparing intangibles and value to a team.

Interesting. Didn't know the 5 position was useful to stop the 3 point barrages that we see in todays game out on the wing.

Try again.
They actually kind of are? Quite a few 3's come off of PnR's from guards, it pays to havea 5 man who can show hard on the Damian Lillard's, Chris Paul's, and Steph's of the world. Especially when almost every guard plays out of PnR.

It goes without saying why Bigs matter more to defense than guards at the rim, but they matter a lot in today's game too.

This isn't about Brook Lopez btw, I'm just saying why one would care more about Brook's defense than D'Angelo's.

Last edited:

Try again.

They actually kind of are? Quite a few 3's come off of PnR's from guards, it pays to havea 5 man who can show hard on the Damian Lillard's, Chris Paul's, and Steph's of the world. Especially when almost every guard plays out of PnR.

It goes without saying why Bigs matter more to defense than guards at the rim, but they matter a lot in today's game too.
The narrative that Brook is a bad defender isn't true though.
There are stats to back this up. Along with the eye test as well.

Brook is better offensively and defensively than D'Lo. This isn't that hard.

Rim protectors are a luxury today. I don't think a great defensive 5 has been on a recent champion. Not saying they've been trash but no elite level defending 5s. Chandler was the last? I think

Last edited:
just like we got rid of wesley johnson, get over it bros...it's over. he's gone. dlo is not coming back through them doors!!

Brook Lopez is gonna be terrible just like Hibbert in 15.
laugh.gif
That's not possible

Did the Lakers workout Zubac last year before the draft? Anyone know their recent history of drafting players they haven't worked out?

So do you guys think there is a deal in place already for PG ?
Are they waiting for the Dlo deal to finalize before they announce anything?
Its hard to believe that the Pacers have not pulled the trigger on any of these offers we been throwing at them.
Almost feels like they have the leverage. and not the Lakers.
If that;s the case and I was Magic, I would've walked away and just wait it out till next year and sign PG straight up.
Its their loss (Pacers)....

We have Brook for one year
Gotta put up with his weirdness in exchange for cap space and about 18 and 7 next year

Its hard to believe that the Pacers have not pulled the trigger on any of these offers we been throwing at them.
If that;s the case and I was Magic, I would've walked away and just wait it out till next year and sign PG straight up.
I think we won't know until Thursday tbh

No, if there was a deal in place it probably would have been a three way trade instead of 2.

Don't think any team is offering anything better than what the Lakers are supposedly offering with 27th and 28th picks plus Randle or Clarkson. Outside of Boston, what other team can offer the Pacers what they're asking and also convince PG13 of resigning.

Literally every single media outlet thinks the Dlo trade was a win for the Lakers. The only people that don't like it are in this thread.

Literally every single media outlet thinks the Dlo trade was a win for the Lakers. The only people that don't like it are in this thread.

We know why. Voleermort had a cult following. Never will be able to figure out why.

Back
Top Bottom