**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

This should be a lesson to y'all going forward, numbers only mean so much if you don't have the professionalism, maturity, and attitude to go along with it. And if you don't have the latter, you better be otherworldly on the former.
So let me ask you this.

As someone who follows basketball, do you really honestly believe that this trade was about D'Lo? Meaning that he was just so immature, so unprofessional, that they were willing to trade him for the 28th pick and a one season rental of Brook Lopez? Do you really believe that bro, Honestly?

Or was this about them wanting to be a contender next year and saw an opportunity to rid themselves of one of those deals? To get rid of those deals, they were always going to attach either ingram or russell to them. They were that bad. Doesn't mean that they were that low on them, I don't think.

If they were that low on Russell, they would have just traded him outright and got a much better return, if it really was about that.

what other trades do you guys think you could have got for D'Angelo Russell?
In my opinion, that's pure bias if you think D'Lo by himself could only net 1 year of brook lopez and the 28th pick. Honestly, if you really believe this then I can't really talk D'Angelo Russell with you because that makes no sense.

This was all about trying to rid themselves of the Moz and / or deng deals so they could jump to contender status next season.

if they liked Dlo they would have waited till next season to trade him not ship him out for cap space ...Dlo was never going to be here long term

Last edited:
So let me ask you this.

As someone who follows basketball, do you really honestly believe that this trade was about D'Lo? Meaning that he was just so immature, so unprofessional, that they were willing to trade him for the 28th pick and a one season rental of Brook Lopez? Do you really believe that bro, Honestly?

Or was this about them wanting to be a contender next year and saw an opportunity to rid themselves of one of those deals? To get rid of those deals, they were always going to attach either ingram or russell to them. They were that bad. Doesn't mean that they were that low on them, I don't think.

If they were that low on Russell, they would have just traded him outright and got a much better return, if it really was about that.

Like most things in life it's probably a combination of both which I alluded to yesterday. The opportunity cost and upside of D'Lo was not enough to offset his negatives or the benefits that the Lakers received by making this deal. There isn't an eye to contend next season even if they do compete with Paul George, to improve absolutely.

To say he had a rep around the league though that would have lended him to fetching more even alone is pure conjecture.

We've seen dudes that put up numbers before not fetch nearly as much as one would like to believe they're actually worth because of ancillary issues. See Boogie Cousins.

Last edited:

In my opinion, that's pure bias if you think D'Lo by himself could only net 1 year of brook lopez and the 28th pick. Honestly, if you really believe this then I can't really talk D'Angelo Russell with you because that makes no sense.

This was all about trying to rid themselves of the Moz and / or deng deals so they could jump to contender status next season.

What other teams I mean...

What other teams I mean...
Without Moz, I'm pretty sure we could've gotten a mid to late lotto pick.

imo rob & magic have had zo in their sights since they took over, dlo was never their guy ... every interview magic went on it seemed like he'd throw a little shade at dude.

in the end he was moved because he wasnt their guy moving forward and all the extra stuff he did just helped them get rid of him

Watch us give Brook a max next year
After we strike out with Lebron, Westbrook, Cousins (dont want any of these players) we will give Brook 4 year 150 mill dollar contract and have a "stay" poster outside staples for him

Then we will trade whoever we pick tomorrow for another expiring contract in hopes of setting ourselves up for 2025

Didn't know we were bringing Mitch back

I will laugh when you guys complain about him having many of the same qualities as D Slow.   Doesnt play good D, no quick, cant finish, can only go left due to shot limitations.

Don't forget about him becoming a "locker room cancer" because of lavar

And when they do?
I will laugh when you guys complain about him having many of the same qualities as D Slow.  
laugh.gif

Was just about to say that.

Zo has a lot of the same issues that Dlo has, minus the personality stuff which is big for a lot of ppl.

We also still need another ball handler next to him.

I love his game but he's far from a sure thing.

laugh.gif

Was just about to say that.

Zo has a lot of the same issues that Dlo has, minus the personality stuff which is big for a lot of ppl.

We also still need another ball handler next to him.

I love his game but he's far from a sure thing.
Which his personality **** is just going to be replaced by Lavar saying dumb **** to the media constantly

Momo says it's going to likely go down today or tomorrow before the draft. I think the D'Lo deal has to be approved before we actually can trade the #27 pick though in a PG deal.

Back
Top Bottom