**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Clippers trying to trade for PG. Uh oh
What are they sending? They don't have any intriguing young players or picks.

He wants to come here and we have the assets, only thing stopping it is if Boston overpays and bets that he will sign there long term. Don't think that's happening, just wait em out.

He wants to come here and we have the assets, only thing stopping it is if Boston overpays and bets that he will sign there long term. Don't think that's happening, just wait em out.

Would probably get a third team involved is my guess. Cp3, redick, Blake are free agents so they would have to agree to a sign and trade. Could try trading jamal or some other pieces for a mid round first round pick in a three team trade.

I think the Clippers would be the worst case scenario for us because he would be in a better situation in the city he wants.

Last edited:

Would probably get a third team involved is my guess. Cp3, redick, Blake are free agents so they would have to agree to a sign and trade. Could try trading jamal or some other pieces for a mid round first round pick in a three team trade.

I think the Clippers would be the worst case scenario for us because he would be in a better situation in the city he wants.
I guess, but I don't see it. Jamal def isn't getting you a 1st.

I don't care who we pick. I am glad we kept it. But I really do feel like whoever we pick; it's a settle rather than an outright pick. But whatever. I welcome Ball if that's where it goes. Surround the boy with snipers.

I would be wary giving up too much to get Paul rt now. If they really wanna do it that badly they should try to get off a bad contract. I don't wanna give up Clarkson but I believe he has reached his ceiling.

If we can package Clarkson + deng/moz + future 1st and 2nd rounder

Clippers is kind of a best scenario because they'd have to give up a core piece, for sure lose in the playoffs and then he'd walk across the hall and we wouldn't have to give up anything. Clippers would hit rock bottom after that

Clippers is kind of a best scenario because they'd have to give up a core piece, for sure lose in the playoffs and then he'd walk across the hall and we wouldn't have to give up anything. Clippers would hit rock bottom after that
That's saying he for sure wouldnt sign an extension.  The Woj tweet just said he prefers to go to someone like the Lakers.  Doesn't mean he will 100% come here regardless of where he goes.

If Clarkson + 28th + future first round is enough to get it done they should pull the trigger now.  None of those assets will significant affect them in the future.

Last edited:
Yup, that's why it makes no sense for them. If they had the assets to get him and keep the big 3 intact then it makes sense. Giving up CP or Blake is a lateral move at best. Fake news.

Suns want Lonzo eh.... we can work this in our favor.

Oh and we should have took Jerry West on as an advisor smh. He is gonna be a thorn in our sides for many years to come

Suns want Lonzo eh.... we can work this in our favor.

Oh and we should have took Jerry West on as an advisor smh. He is gonna be a thorn in our sides for many years to come
Good. Trade down to 4, use the extra pick from the suns to get PG.

I'm good. Let PG go wherever he wants. If he gets traded to a team and likes it there, more power to him. I don't think he moves the needle all crazy like that anyway.

I want Lonzo at 2. I'm not trading him to the Suns. Idc.

Anyone else think Tatum, DSJ, Monk, Jackson, Fox can all end up better players than Lonzo? Damn the top ten is really deep

Glad we have a pick.

I'm fine with Ball.

Ball/ DLO / PG / Ingram locks up all but maybe 20 minutes at the 1-3 for 5 years with a lot of versatility for position movement.

That allows you a wide latitude of pickiness for who you add to the bench.

Anyone else think Tatum, DSJ, Monk, Jackson, Fox can all end up better players than Lonzo? Damn the top ten is really deep

Glad we have a pick.

Sure. Draft is always a crap shoot.

But they could all flame out too. 2014 draft was supposed to be up there with 85, 96 & 03

The only one I don't think has a shot is Monk

Last edited:
Nah, that's Tatum.

They need to take the risk with Lonzo. I'd be disappointed if they went somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom