**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

:lol: I'm just convinced Lonzo is what we need.

A low usage, lengthy point guard with elite efg% and above average athleticism doesn't come around too often.

Not only is it an investment in our future, Ball will make Dlo/JR/BI look way better than they have.

Clippers is kind of a best scenario because they'd have to give up a core piece, for sure lose in the playoffs and then he'd walk across the hall and we wouldn't have to give up anything. Clippers would hit rock bottom after that

If Clarkson + 28th + future first round is enough to get it done they should pull the trigger now.  None of those assets will significant affect them in the future.

Still a waste when you could use those exact pieces to get something to go along with PG.

(and I highly doubt that's the best offer the Pacers can get)

Still a waste when you could use those exact pieces to get something to go along with PG.

Well getting something to go along with him doesnt matter if he never gets here.

Well getting something to go along with him doesnt matter if he never gets here.

Why would he never get here? Dude said to his team he isn't signing, he wants to come here, so whoever trades for him, they can't kidnap him and force his sig, if he wants to be here, he'll be here, no matter what they try.

Why would he never get here? Dude said to his team he isn't signing, he wants to come here, so whoever trades for him, they can't kidnap him and force his sig, if he wants to be here, he'll be here, no matter what they try.
Woj just said he prefers Lakers, not that he would only sign here.  I don't think it is as much of a slam dunk as everyone thinks it is.
 All-Star forward Paul George has informed the Indiana Pacers  that he plans to become a free agent in the summer of 2018 and will leave the franchise – preferably for the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources told The Vertical.

Last edited:

Woj just said he prefers Lakers, not that he would only sign here.  I don't think it is as much of a slam dunk as everyone thinks it is.

So then you want to trade pieces for a guy you aren't sure will re-sign with us? Ala Dwight?

Again, if he wants to be here, he'll be here, a year from now. No need to give stuff away to get him. If he wants to sign somewhere else, then so be it. Would obviously mean he didn't really want to be here and was using us as leverage.

So then you want to trade pieces for a guy you aren't sure will re-sign with us? Ala Dwight?

Again, if he wants to be here, he'll be here, a year from now. No need to give stuff away to get him. If he wants to sign somewhere else, then so be it. Would obviously mean he didn't really want to be here and was using us as leverage.
I would imagine they wouldnt be dumb enough to trade for him without an extension being signed after the last time.

:lol: I'm just convinced Lonzo is what we need.

A low usage, lengthy point guard with elite efg% and above average athleticism doesn't come around too often.

Not only is it an investment in our future, Ball will make Dlo/JR/BI look way better than they have.

Yea he should be a nearly perfect fit in the offense. Really looking forward to see how they work him in

At the end of the day, we worked out these kids (some multiple workouts) and saw them up close .

So if FO thinks Lonzo is the best available at #2, I'm good with it

Next season will be hype

At the end of the day, we worked out these kids (some multiple workouts) and saw them up close .

Next season will be hype
Where I'm at also.

Seems like they have really done their due diligence. 

Ready for Thursday.

Next season will be hype
 True, have to live with the decision the front office makes. Were there any significant changes in FO/scouting department once Rob and Magic came in? 

True, have to live with the decision the front office makes. Were there any significant changes in FO/scouting department once Rob and Magic came in? 
I think Ryan West is still the director of player personnel isnt he?  I think he has kind of been responsible for who they ultimately draft.

I'm fine with Ball.

Ball/ DLO / PG / Ingram locks up all but maybe 20 minutes at the 1-3 for 5 years with a lot of versatility for position movement.

That allows you a wide latitude of pickiness for who you add to the bench.

And Zu keeps getting better. Nice team for the next however many years.

Momo said the Lakers are trying to get back into the 8-12 pick. Hornets at 11 or Pistons at 12 seem like only possibles. And I'd immediately offer that up to Indy. No need for any of the guys in that range in all honesty.

I read that too. Seems they're targeting Collins, which is great. Not sure how'd they pull it off without trading Randle tho.

tumblr_lyu2zjicGk1qhu6b3o1_500.png

Back
Top Bottom