**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Who is Lauri Mark's agent? Can Klutch offer him a discount? :nerd:

:lol:

AD/Lauri/Bron/Reaves/Vincent would be interesting (assuming DLo would be used as the salary balancing)

Tbqh, I’d rather do this trade below than the Trae trade above. I can see Pelinka salivating over receiving a future FRP if he takes Zach off Chicago’s hands

*LA Bulls*

Lakers sign DeRozan to MLE
fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_7-1-2024_8-38-23PM.png

Lavine / AR / Bronny
DeRozan / Christie
Bron / Knecht / Reddish
AD / Wood
Vucevic / Hayes
That’s enough for today

Wait… doesn’t summer league start like in a week or so?…

JJ doesn’t even have a coaching staff yet does he?!

The Lakers organization is so *** backwards.

I feel like the media is over sensationalizing the Klay took less money to play for the mavericks over the lakers ****.

Lakers as currently constructed can only offer MLE which is like 12-13 mil a year. They’d have to do a sign and trade for Dlo to get Klay up to Dlo’s salary, the warriors reportedly didn’t want Dlo and apparently rob couldn’t find another team. I’m sure Rob could’ve attached some picks to make it happen but what I’m saying is the mavericks had the cap space ready by salary dumping THjr and using Josh Green as a good asset to open up the salary for Klay. We have Dlo who nobody wants.

Ngl we were cooked the day we made the Russ trade. I enjoy the fake contention though.

It's certainly not in contention for one of the worst overall trades ever but it it is one of the worst trades any championship contender has ever made. Truly an unforced error because the Lakers were not any desperate position and there were better trades out there. We were literally on the verge of finalizing the Buddy Heild before the Russ trade.

My fear with this is that the West is so stacked that there is a chance we are completely out of the playoff picture by the trade deadline.

We had almost perfect health from LeBron and AD last year and we still barely made the playoffs. We could be completely out of the picture by February and then Rob says "well there isn't a point in trading pics or making a big move, we're the 11 seed".

Wasted 2024 trade deadline ❌
Wasted 2024 off-season ❌
Prepare to waste 2025 trade deadline

It's certainly not in contention for one of the worst overall trades ever but it it is one of the worst trades any championship contender has ever made. Truly an unforced error because the Lakers were not any desperate position and there were better trades out there. We were literally on the verge of finalizing the Buddy Heild before the Russ trade.

Buddy is a free agent and I’d be surprised if he signs for more than the 4 mill Russ is on rn.

the Myles Turner trade 😞

Last edited:
Don’t call it the buddy hield trade. Buddy is a free agent and I’d be surprised if he signs for more than the 4 mill Russ is on rn.

That was the Myles Turner trade 😞
I think he's referring to the original proposed trade of Buddy for Kuz and Trezz.

started following free agency detailed around 2010/11 with the rise of Twitter.

The last 3 management teams, have all had a common denominator; they focus on one thing for entirely too long and don’t pivot until it has taken way too much work, and things move from underneath them.

They’re so damn focus on the mid 30s guys and treating an expiring contract like it’s an all star on a rookie contract that you want to trade, just to get a lesser player, that all their options picked other dates to the prom. Doesn’t mean that every guy who has signed they should have chased, but there’s been some impact guys who would have fit well that they just ignored completely so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom