**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Screenshot_20240625_101441_Samsung Internet.jpg

Love it, if true. 🔥

JJ has a vision. It’s a nice vision. It’s a great thought.

But to think they are doing it fully when Rui and AR are seemingly not on the block is hilarious.
2 way players? 90% of the team isn’t that.

So outside of Bron and AD everybody has to go.
And because they are not doing that.
They are either running it back. Or worse adding CP3 and a MLE level player, and will try to convince you that DFS for Vando is a step forward in some manner.

TBH, not sure if AD has it in him to be a hub, but his passing has improved considerably in the last year.

I don't think anyone realistically outside of AD, Bron and AR are of the table in deals.

Sorry man, I don't. You guys just don't like anything that isn't blind *** homerish.

One press conference. Man had ONE press conference and all of a sudden everybody fallin in love with JJ. :lol:

I agree with this part. I'm not sold on a coach that's never coached off a press conference. One thing JJ is great at is sounding smart. He can talk the part.

I'm normally optimistic and give coaches a chance but this don't look or feel right at all. He could be the worse coach we've hired since Phil being that he has zero experience. Most likely he'll be fired after year 2.

Kevin Pelton (ESPN) wrote a Hawks-centric article and this was one of the scenarios that he came up with:
Capture.PNG

The thought is JJ will be Bron's puppet but JJ think he's the smartest guy walking and now being Bron's "coach, egos will clash. Then if they really do pick Bronny, man this could be a whole mess.

Less of this logic.
More complaints about the crippled senior citizen!

They seem to be building around AD more.........by maxing out LeBron James......... (If this does indeed happen of course, still hasn't, yet *begins prayer*)

I agree with this part. I'm not sold on a coach that's never coached off a press conference. One thing JJ is great at is sounding smart. He can talk the part.

I'm normally optimistic and give coaches a chance but this don't look or feel right at all. He could be the worse coach we've hired since Phil being that he has zero experience. Most likely he'll be fired after year 2.

I pray that it works. I really do. I hope he is Pat Riley 2.0 man. It would be freaking outstanding if that could become a thing.

But he is in a horrible spot all around. Aging star(s), a GM who SHOULD be on the hotseat (meaning the next GM might want his own coach and not be attached in any way to the current one) and a cheap *** owner. That's going to be TOUGH to overcome. :frown:

I'm normally optimistic and give coaches a chance but this don't look or feel right at sll. He could be the worse coach we've hired since Phil being that he has zero experience. Most likely he'll be fired after year 2.
JJ did a good job at his introductory press conference, nothing more nothing less... most of the reactions I've seen are people saying that they already like him more than Ham, which is a pretty low bar. If we want to keep it real, some of the stuff he said (need more from Rui, want to revolve things around AD, etc) have been said before I guess he was more compelling w/ his delivery.

Anyway, the optics of the hire are whatever... man who cares? Been a Lakers fan for a long time, and the next time I care what anyone else thinks about the team will be the first time. With JJ and winning, it's mostly going to come down to the roster. Give JJ the same pieces, he's going to end up with the same issues as last year's team. Hopefully there will be some internal improvement from YOUNG players like Max and JHS, but some of the other guys are old enough to where they are who they're going to be.

And the optics of drafting Bronny in the 2nd round... again, who cares? For example, here is the entire 2nd round from last year's draft.
1719334506590.png

Besides Trayce Jackson-Davis, how many of these dudes will be on an opening day roster in the fall? I just can't find myself getting worked up over something like the 55th pick in the draft, I honestly don't really care who they take in that spot at all.

I pray that it works. I really do. I hope he is Pat Riley 2.0 man. It would be freaking outstanding if that could become a thing.

But he is in a horrible spot all around. Aging star(s), a GM who SHOULD be on the hotseat (meaning the next GM might want his own coach and not be attached in any way to the current one) and a cheap *** owner. That's going to be TOUGH to overcome. :frown:

Riles was the assistant coach for what 2-3 years? And he already had a great rapport with the players.

If he hired in Detroit they would be taking risk. The Lakers? win now mode? :lol:

They seem to be building around AD more.........by maxing out LeBron James......... (If this does indeed happen of course, still hasn't, yet *begins prayer*)
"building around" = roster
paying =/= roster
Jesus Herbert Christ
"Think, McFly."

JJ did a good job at his introductory press conference, nothing more nothing less... most of the reactions I've seen are people saying that they already like him more than Ham, which is a pretty low bar. If we want to keep it real, some of the stuff he said (need more from Rui, want to revolve things around AD, etc) have been said before I guess he was more compelling w/ his delivery.

Anyway, the optics of the hire are whatever... man who cares? Been a Lakers fan for a long time, and the next time I care what anyone else thinks about the team will be the first time. With JJ and winning, it's mostly going to come down to the roster. Give JJ the same pieces, he's going to end up with the same issues as last year's team. Hopefully there will be some internal improvement from YOUNG players like Max and JHS, but some of the other guys are old enough to where they are who they're going to be.

And the optics of drafting Bronny in the 2nd round... again, who cares? For example, here is the entire 2nd round from last year's draft.
1719334506590.png

Besides Trayce Jackson-Davis, how many of these dudes will be on an opening day roster in the fall? I just can't find myself getting worked up over something like the 55th pick in the draft, I honestly don't really care who they take in that spot at all.

They "like" him more than Ham. That's what I'm saying he's great at selling the part because they haven't seen him coach a actual game. JJ is like the 6'5, white QB with a great arm that NFL gm's fall in love with.

Then JJ said he hasn't spoke to Lebron until 30 mins after he got the job. :lol:

They need to stop. We know what this is.

They "like" him more than Ham. That's what I'm saying he's great at selling the part because they haven't seen with coach a actual game. JJ is like the 6'5, white QB with a great arm that NFL gm's fall in love with.
Well that part matters... because inevitably when it's time to start pointing fingers, you know who won't be catching the majority of the blame? The dude that everybody likes. JJ is smart enough to know to take accountability when the team "comes up short", even when it's not necessarily his fault... fans, media and players will respect him for that.

I'm they really acted like we got fleeced for AD.

Besides BI (who probably won't be on the roster much longer) who is still on thier roster that we traded to them?
And I also remember fans complaining about giving up picks 5 years down the road... like the guys who'll be entering that draft weren't 8th graders at the time.

Back
Top Bottom