**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Move doesn't really make sense for the Cavs in my opinion. They need loves rebounding and George is another ISO player
It makes sense when looking at the matchup. Move Bron to the 4 where he should be anyway and he can replace Love's rebounding. Put PG on KD so Bron can roam again, but that's still not enough. PG can play off ball pretty well and is a good enough 3 point shooter that the Dubs have to respect him out there as well. I'm not worried though.

I don't think Pacers would want to build a team around Love and pay him for 4 years

Young talent and picks are more valuable to the Pacers then getting Kevin Love

hqdefault.jpg

View media item 2460695

Paul Pierce is a terrible corny tv analyst... Please get him off ESPN, TNT, NBATV or any media channel related to the NBA.

I thought Reggie Miller was the WORST about 5 years ago but he's actually gotten a lot better.

Last edited:
I think a Turner/Love frontcourt is more appealing than anything the Lakers can (realistically) offer for George.

Pacers have never really bottomed out and rebuilt, so I don't believe they'll start anytime soon.

Possibly.

But Ownership has been the same since the 80s. They haven't finished with less than 30 wins in a season since 1989.

Last edited:
View media item 2462050
Stats like this give me hope for tho Dlo's future. He's not as far off development wise as most fans think. He's just been under a microscope his entire career. Most lottery picks go to teams like Milwaukee and Orlando where they can go threw growing pains in relative anonymity, not Dlo though. It doesn't help that Lakers fans are notoriously impatient.

I saw a clip on NBATV that showed Lonzo's predraft preparation. He was running the hills in his neighborhood and working out in his backyard. Not hard to believe he wasn't in the best shape for his workout with the Lakers.

I think magic been in his ear telling zo what to do and say to make sure Celtics don't draft him

Meta world peace just blessed us with the album of the year [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Jeanie's mouthpiece Kevin Ding said Lakers are not sold on Lonzo. Hoping for Fultz. Really high on Jackson, and have Fox 4th on their board, but that's without a workout with him.

The way it reads is 1. Fultz 2. Jackson 3. Ball 4. Fox

Jackson is the only forward among the four, but the Lakers are not expected to decide based on position. The organizational goal is to get to a point where the team is playing largely positionless basketball the way Walton’s former team, the Golden State Warriors, do—with current youngsters Brandon Ingram, D’Angelo Russell, Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson all already capable of bringing the ball up the floor.

Still following the same storylines as Jahlil Okafor versus D'Angelo Russell.... Don't mind if Lonzo is the pick because I think he and Russell will work fine. But whatever Lonzo needed to do to sure up 2nd pick (which he still may get), he didn't make it an easy choice.

Last edited:
Jeanie's mouthpiece Kevin Ding said Lakers are not sold on Lonzo. Hoping for Fultz. Really high on Jackson, and have Fox 4th on their board, but that's without a workout with him.

The way it reads is 1. Fultz 2. Jackson 3. Ball 4. Fox

Jackson is the only forward among the four, but the Lakers are not expected to decide based on position. The organizational goal is to get to a point where the team is playing largely positionless basketball the way Walton’s former team, the Golden State Warriors, do—with current youngsters Brandon Ingram, D’Angelo Russell, Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson all already capable of bringing the ball up the floor.

:nthat:

I'm beginning to really love this new front office and regime. :D

Last edited:
I like it, and don't.

I have to focus on that word 'largely' when they say 'largely positionless' to prevent myself from having an aneurysm. 
laugh.gif
 Zaza ain't bringing the ball up the court. Curry ain't camping out under the rim.

But I like the 'interchangeable parts' focus.

Back
Top Bottom