**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Dog, replace Vando with Wiggins then fir all I care. You clearly missing the point

Stop the ridiculous sarcasm. You can clearly see the two-way reference was towards KCP and Caruso replacing DLo and AR

Stop avoiding the question like a you know what.

If AD were surrounded by Caruso, KCP, Wiggins, and Bron....do the Lakers win the chip without another legit big man next to AD?
You love to troll but don't really receive it well my man, relax.

Caruso being the weak link offensively but sure that team would be good enough to win it all... obviously bench matters but from a starting 5 they would be able to get it done. There's enough DEFENSE and REBOUNDING and PLAYMAKING from multiple positions where that's a solid unit right there.

Now, take the same team... Caruso, KCP, Bron, AD and Poeltl. Is that a group good enough to win it all?

It's not D.lo's fault.

Besides AD and for the most part Bron (he has had a ton of very stupid turnovers and horrible missed assignments on defense) the other guys have been super inconsistent.

Ah yes. It’s DLo’s fault.
DLo's inconsistency on both ends is just one of 4 main ssues for the Lakers

1. Lack of a legitimate center to help AD
2. Poor coaching all around
3. Poor shooting all around
4. Not enough veteran leadership in the locker room. Don't tell me DLo, Wood, Reddish, Vando, Prince are bringing any of the intangibles and BASKETBALL IQ that Rondo, Kieff, Dwight, Javale, KCP, Green, and Bradley all brought to the team in '19-'20. This is A HUGE DIFFERENCE

You love to troll but don't really receive it well my man, relax.

Caruso being the weak link offensively but sure that team would be good enough to win it all... obviously bench matters but from a starting 5 they would be able to get it done. There's enough DEFENSE and REBOUNDING and PLAYMAKING from multiple positions where that's a solid unit right there.

Now, take the same team... Caruso, KCP, Bron, AD and Poeltl. Is that a group good enough to win it all?
The only trolling happening here is your attempts at trolling me with the unclever sarcasm lol

I completely DISAGREE. There ain't nowhere near enough rebounding and interior D if AD played with AC, Wiggins, Bron, and KCP.

You think Wiggy and Bron with AD on Joker will hold up against Jokic-AG-MPJ?

OR how about this: AD is taken outside the paint on D because he has to worry about Brook Lopez at the top of the key. So who guards Giannis? Bron and his old xxx? Or would you prefer that Poeltl guards Lopez, which in turn allows AD to roam free inside or on the weakside while keeping tabs guarding Giannis, which in turn allows Bron to take care of Middleton and KCP and Caruso to cook defensively against Dame and Connaughton/Beasley. In other words, Lakers would have one big covering high and low, weakside-strong side AT ALL TIMES

Let me know if understanding this is still rocket science to you

 LOL

Last edited:
You think Wiggy and Bron with AD on Joker will hold up against Jokic-AG-MPJ?
Do you think that somehow Gordon is a more physical player than Lebron? Or that Wiggins isn't a better overall player than MPJ?

Or even that a huge reason that the Lakers loss to the Nuggets was that they had no answer whatsoever for Jamal Murray?

Nah, it was all Joker.

We just cant shoot in an offensive driven league.

We can play all the defense we want but if we cant put the ball in the bucket we not gonna beat teams.

The game is to OUTSCORE the other team

It aint rocket science.

Do you think that somehow Gordon is a more physical player than Lebron? Or that Wiggins isn't a better overall player than MPJ?

Or even that a huge reason that the Lakers loss to the Nuggets was that they had no answer whatsoever for Jamal Murray?

Nah, it was all Joker.
Dude, do you not watch basketball? Do you think its a one on one sport or a 5 on 5 sport? Did you not listen to what Jokic told MPJ not too long ago?

You trying to insinuate that Jamal Murray was a bigger reason than Jokic that DEN beat LAL in the WCF is so ridiculously lame that your reaching for another excuse makes your trolling of me even more obvious

Without Jokic, Jamal ain't sniffing a title. An elite DO IT ALL big like Jokic poses way more problems for opposition than an elite shooter like Murray.

We could easily say "I'll replace Murray with Kyrie Irving and put Kyrie next to Jokic wit AG and MPJ and I bet Denver can still win it all cause no team would have an answer for how Jokic makes others 10x better players. Imagine how much better Kyrie would be playing next to the unselfish Joker. "

But it's much different if one says, "I'll replace Jokic with Embiid and put Murray next to Embiid and I'm not quite sure the Jamal-Embiid tandem can beat Jokic and Kyrie because Embiid doesn't really make the others around him better than they actually are like Jokic does.

And who's going to crash the boards besides AD when he's preoccupied with Jokic all 48 minutes?

When AD is at the top of the key, who do you think has a better chance of grabbing a rebound when a shot goes up, MPJ and the 10.5 rebounds per game he averaged against the Lakers in the playoffs or Wiggins?

Now flip the script.....what if Poeltl was in the paint boxing out to grab a missed shot instead of Wiggins. One would think a Jakob Poeltl could play the PROVEN Javale or Dwight role better than a 6'7" Wiggins.

and clearly you missed this lol:

In other words, AD and a bunch of smalls ain't going to work on Jokic and the Nuggets.

Last edited:
100 is average. Any point above or below is 1% better or worse than average.

IMG_5791.png

We can play all the defense we want but if we cant put the ball in the bucket we not gonna beat teams.

It aint rocket scscience.
I only see two "scorers" on this team. And they dominated the playoffs and the Finals, outscored everybody, and never had a "3rd scorer" who was always the same 3rd guy every game

How you explain that?
Screenshot_20240102_173023_Chrome.jpg

*The answer and explanation is exactly what you are thinking

It aint rocket science.
Best shooters were sent to the bench for Cam (29.7% 3pt shooter this season) and Vando (7%! 3pt this season). This ain’t changing anytime soon

What happened to Axtion Jackson? EYE was told he should be starting and would really help this team
Ask me the same about Wood. I said at the beginning of the season that the Lakers would play a 2-Big starting lineup of either AD-Hayes or AD-Wood for at least 10 games this season.

Why hasn't it happened despite the early season success of the 2-Big and 3-Big lineups? Darvin Ham.

Fire the clueless Ham
Go hire Rondo as an assistant and Budenholzer as head coach and I guarantee you the Lakers go with a 2-Big starting lineup whether or not Hayes/Wood are still on the roster

Wanna bet $100 Lakers go 2-Big starting lineup after they hire their next coach?

Drafted players have been a disappointment this year as well. Especially watching other teams get guys who can come in and contribute right away: Jaime jacquez jr., lively, Hawkins (shooter), Podz, etc.

Guys we drafted are 2 years away projects and won’t help the cause in the near future

I only see two "scorers" on this team. And they dominated the playoffs and the Finals, outscored everybody, and never had a "3rd scorer" who was always the same 3rd guy every game

How you explain that?
Screenshot_20240102_173023_Chrome.jpg

*The answer and explanation is exactly what you are thinking
we had guys who could actually shoot lol

KCP, DG, Bradley, Kuz even Rondo was hitting the 3

It's not about PPG its about the THREAT to shoot/score, keeps the defense honest and you cant cheat on LJ/AD

that's not happening this year, wasn't happening in the 1st half of last season either.

Guys gotta make shots or teams just gonna crowd LJ/AD and make our "others" beat them...

again, its not rocket science.

we had guys who could actually shoot lol

KCP, DG, Bradley, Kuz even Rondo was hitting the 3

It's not about PPG its about the THREAT to shoot/score, keeps the defense honest and you cant cheat on LJ/AD

that's not happening this year, wasn't happening in the 1st half of last season either.

Guys gotta make shots or teams just gonna crowd LJ/AD and make our "others" beat them...

again, its not rocket science.
Those guys you just named weren't known as shooters tho.

But.....

Those guys made TIMELY THREES

This is the quality/characteristic that the current Lakers role players don't possess.

So the rotation tomorrow is most likely AD, Bron, Vando, Prince, Reddish with Wood, Christie, Reaves and maybe Hayes. This is too much to overcome. :lol: |l

That rotation is so mediocre the Carlos Boozer-Randle-Clarkson-Sacre-Nance-Kobe Lakers would pose major problems lol

If the Lakers are below .500 on January 30, does Ham get to keep his job through the end of the season?

Last edited:
Can Ham get his pieces to play like this below?
Because this is the type of lineup, the type of players, and the type of defense it takes to win a championship. Bigs and defense required. Reputable shooters optional. Timely shot makers mandatory.

As displayed above, one can see that Ham was already messing up in the WCF by failing to utilize the only back up bigs he had at his disposal the entire series - TT, Wenyen, and Bamba. And the result is the Nuggets did to the Lakers in 2023 what the Lakers did to the Nuggets in 2020. Complete reversal due to POOR COACHING. Lakers are still fighting a very difficult uphill battle to this day, even with their current supposedly improved roster. Lol
#fireham
#tradeforacenter

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom