**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Slap in the face, and kinda shows that they probably never really wanted him in the 1st place.

Well it's not exactly going great for him in Phoenix, which is weird because they have a true center but hey you never know!
He was like their fourth choice after Lue, Monty and Kidd. :lol:

Truthfully don't think the Suns wanted him either. They wanted Kevin Young (assistant coach) but they couldn't hire a first time head coach in their situation.

There you have it ladies and gents....

this is why we are who we are.

Only 2 guys over 60%

IMG_5788.jpeg

Equally deluded:
"The problem is the coach! Change that and everything is fine."
"The problem is never the coach! Change everything else, never the coach."

What NBA player said the squad is cooked w/ Ham? The clip is just Rondo talking about the bubble with a random person’s quote attached to it… Rondo did say the blueprint needs to be Lebron forcing the ball into AD and let the others get theirs later (which taking out Austin and DLo kinda forces the offense to do)
Fair correction.
I've edited so that my point still stands, now with more accuracy regarding semantics.

Slap in the face, and kinda shows that they probably never really wanted him in the 1st place.

Well it's not exactly going great for him in Phoenix, which is weird because they have a true center but hey you never know!
Dawg, only 1 true big man (Nurkic) gets minutes in PHX, and he ain't even a star center like Embiid or Jokic.

Phx needs 1-2 more bigs in their regular rotation if they hope to contend for a title.

How many true centers/true bigs does MIL, BOS, MIN, DEN have? I bet these title contenders got more than one in their regular rotation.

grittyman grittyman

You can only laugh because you know I'm right.

Tell me, how many true centers and/or impact PF's/C's did each of these recent NBA Champions have in their regular rotation?

2023 Nuggets
2021 Bucks
2020 Lakers
2019 Raptors
2015, 2017, 2018 Warriors
2014 Spurs
2012, 2013 Heat
2011 Mavs
2009, 2010 Lakers
2008 Celtics
2007 Spurs
2006 Heat
2005 Spurs
2004 Pistons
2003 Spurs

Bet you won't find a single championship team except for the 2022 Warriors that had ONLY 1 Center or Big in their regular rotation. And I just went back 20 years.

Tell me how effective these modern nba 3-point chucking squads with no impact bigs are at winning titles lol

Even the Celtics finally woke up and realized Big ol Al Horford needed some help inside so they went out and got them a 7-foot-3-inch center who can shoot, rebound, and block shots.

And you expect your Lakers to win a chip with AD as your only legit big man/center?

🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
If coaching didn't matter then why couldn't Del Freaking Harris win more than a game let alone beat the Utah Jazz in a playoff series during his Laker tenure with a lineup consisting of Prime Shaq, Elden, Fisher, Fox, Horry, Nick, Eddie, Jerome Kersey, Kobe, and Ceballos? This the same Del Harris who won 56 games in '97 and 61 games in '98 but yet his team played like a 40-win team during the playoffs.

One year later in '99, Phil Jackson came in, added old xxx Ron Harper, A.C. Green, and past his prime Glen Rice to replace Eddie, Elden, Nick, and Cedric, all of whom were statistically better than Green, Harper, and Rice and BOOM! Lakers win a title.

#CoachingAlwaysMatters

If coaching didn't matter then why couldn't Del Freaking Harris win more than a game let alone beat the Utah Jazz in a playoff series during his Laker tenure with a lineup consisting of Prime Shaq, Elden, Fisher, Fox, Horry, Nick, Eddie, Jerome Kersey, Kobe, and Ceballos? This the same Del Harris who won 56 games in '97 and 61 games in '98 but yet his team played like a 40-win team during the playoffs.

One year later in '99, Phil Jackson came in, added old xxx Ron Harper, A.C. Green, and past his prime Glen Rice to replace Eddie, Elden, Nick, and Cedric, all of whom were statistically better than Green, Harper, and Rice and BOOM! Lakers win a 3 titles in a row.

#CoachingAlwaysMatters
Fixed.

But the dismissive response will be "Oh, THERE'S the answer: Phil Jackson! Question: do you know of any Phil Jacksons sitting around right now?"

Fixed.

But the dismissive response will be "Oh, THERE'S the answer: Phil Jackson! Question: do you know of any Phil Jacksons sitting around right now?"
Here's the answer and it ain't from Phil
Screenshot_20231128_233252_Google.jpg

I bet Popovich, Phil, Spoelstra, Auerbach, KC Jones, Tomjanovich, Kerr, Carlisle, Doc Rivers, Nick Nurse, Budenholzer, et al would all tell you that Pat Riley is correct.

And if you need rebounds to win rings, what does a team need to win the rebounding battle? MULTIPLE BIGS

And how do you maximize the production of your players in order to win rings? By knowing how to utilize your talent and getting your direct reports to buy into your system.

And how can a coach accomplish this? By knowing how to coach up your players.

There's a difference between an average coach and a great coach. In any profession and in any sport. And this my friend is why.....

#CoachingAlwaysMatters
#WisdomAndKnowledgeArePower

Last edited:
grittyman grittyman

You can only laugh because you know I'm right.

Tell me, how many true centers and/or impact PF's/C's did each of these recent NBA Champions have in their regular rotation?

2023 Nuggets
2021 Bucks
2020 Lakers
2019 Raptors
2014 Spurs
2012, 2013 Heat
2011 Mavs
2009, 2010 Lakers
2008 Celtics
2007 Spurs
2006 Heat
2005 Spurs
2004 Pistons
2003 Spurs

Bet you won't find a single championship team except for the 2022 Warriors that had ONLY 1 Center or Big in their regular rotation. And I just went back 20 years.

Tell me how effective these modern nba 3-point chucking squads with no impact bigs are at winning titles lol

Even the Celtics finally woke up and realized Big ol Al Horford needed some help inside so they went out and got them a 7-foot-3-inch center who can shoot, rebound, and block shots.

And you expect your Lakers to win a chip with AD as your only legit big man/center?

🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂
I'm laughing as the goal posts continue to get moved... it takes an impact big, no an impact big and a PF no a true big, impact big and a pf, and so on and so on.

And also because absolutely no one said 3 point chucking teams are the formula to winning titles.

But keep cooking :pimp:

NT will never answer me this question because it completely debunks the "Modern NBA" theories that one true big man (i.e. AD) in a regular 9 man playoff rotation is enough to win it all

2023 Nuggets
2021 Bucks
2020 Lakers
2019 Raptors
2014 Spurs
2012, 2013 Heat
2011 Mavs
2009, 2010 Lakers
2008 Celtics
2007 Spurs
2006 Heat
2005 Spurs
2004 Pistons
2003 Spurs

I'm laughing as the goal posts continue to get moved... it takes an impact big, no an impact big and a PF no a true big, impact big and a pf, and so on and so on.

And also because absolutely no one said 3 point chucking teams are the formula to winning titles.

But keep cooking :pimp:
Oh I'm cooking alright. And you know it.

Stop making reasons and excuses. That's a child's game. You dam well know what I mean

My goal posts haven't moved since day one. But yours have.

But keep lying to yoself tho big dog.

I bet You still won't even bet me a measly $100 that AD won't win a chip as the starting center and lone true big in the Lakers rotation.

Last edited:
Equally deluded:
"The problem is the coach! Change that and everything is fine."
"The problem is never the coach! Change everything else, never the coach."

Has anyone said the problem is never the coach?

I have requested two coaches to be fired in this very thread. Mike Brown and Byron Scott.

2 of the last 6.

Some folks in here are 6 for 6. :lol:

Oh I'm cooking alright. And you know it.

Stop making reasons and excuses. That's a child's game. You dam well know wtf I mean

My goal posts haven't moved since day one. But yours have.

But keep lying to yoself tho big dog.

I bet You still won't even bet me a measly $100 that AD won't win a chip as the starting center and lone true big in the Lakers rotation.
Oh okay because I'm scared to bet money in favor of a team with AD as the starting center... would have nothing to do with the fact that Prince, Cam Reddish, DLo and Jax Hayes are regular rotation players.

Trade for Jakob Poeltl, fire Ham and we cooking

Good posts buddy

Oh okay because I'm scared to bet money in favor of a team with AD as the starting center... would have nothing to do with the fact that Prince, Cam Reddish, DLo and Jax Hayes are regular rotation players.

Trade for Jakob Poeltl, fire Ham and we cooking

Good posts buddy
Your sarcasm is wack

Let's keep it simple. Will AD ever win a chip on the Lakers as their starting center aka AD as thr 5 surrounded by 4 guards and forwards?

You can even pretend AD is surrounded by 2-way players but the question remains, you think AD will ever win a title on the Lakers while being on a lineup with no other center in the starting lineup but him?

Has anyone said the problem is never the coach?

I have requested two coaches to be fired in this very thread. Mike Brown and Byron Scott.

2 of the last 6.

Some folks in here are 6 for 6. :lol:
yes,

i believe we led the campaign to get rid of marco nunez

Your sarcasm is wack

Let's keep it simple. Will AD ever win a chip on the Lakers as their starting center aka AD as thr 5 surrounded by 4 guards and forwards?
Not 4 guards and forwards who are currently on this roster no.

Will the Lakers win with AD, Poeltl, Lebron and two other guards?

Not 4 guards and forwards who are currently on this roster no.

Will the Lakers win with AD, Poeltl, Lebron and two other guards?
You can even pretend AD is surrounded by 2-way players but the question remains, you think AD will ever win a title on the Lakers while being on a lineup with no other center in the starting lineup but him?

Let's say AD started with Caruso, KCP, Bron, and Vando...u think that lineup is good enough to win it all?

Let's say AD started with Caruso, KCP, Bron, and Vando...u think that lineup is good enough to win it all?
You said two way but included Vando...and I'm supposed to take these posts serious?

Grade A trolling once again, I've fallen for the bait lol

Have a good one buddy!

You said two way but included Vando...and I'm supposed to take these posts serious?

Grade A trolling once again, I've fallen for the bait lol

Have a good one buddy!
Dog, replace Vando with Wiggins then fir all I care. You clearly missing the point

Stop the ridiculous sarcasm. You can clearly see the two-way reference was towards KCP and Caruso replacing DLo and AR

Stop avoiding the question like a you know what.

If AD were surrounded by Caruso, KCP, Wiggins, and Bron....do the Lakers win the chip without another legit big man next to AD?

Back
Top Bottom