**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

15th best team shoots 38% from Corner 3.

IMG_5777.jpeg
IMG_5779.jpeg
IMG_5780.jpeg

Forwards that are above 40% from corner 3, and have taken more than a handful and have some level of trade availability
Bogdanovic
Dorian Finney-Smith
Kyle Kuzma
Joe Harris
John Collins
Lauri Markkanen
Jerami Grant
Trey Lyles
Royce O’Neale
Markkanen would be great, but think too rich for what we got. I like DFS, Royce O Neal as budget 3/D guys that would be an instant upgrade over Reddish

lets find a way to move vincent, cam, hood, and hayes for drummond, schroeder, and a player similar to cam or christie but who can actually make a got damn open shot.

Markkanen would be great, but think too rich for what we got. I like DFS, Royce O Neal as budget 3/D guys that would be an instant upgrade over Reddish
My conspiracy theory is Donovan Mitchell will be a Net between now and start of next season. They'll keep Royce O'Neal around because they're like best friends.

DFS for Rui makes sense for both teams on some level. But losing some offensive pop for a stinky offense would sting.

Gabe, JHS and Cam + pick(s) for DFS and Lonnie

DO IT MITCH

Doesn’t fix the log jam. And it’s a terrible trade for BK. But we play for vibes.

But Rui + pick(s) for DFS and Lonnie would make a ton of sense. Then you have Gabe to trade.

Again, east coast teams get 3 days in LA resting before playing us. We never get a road-weary tired east coast team. SMH

It's weird that a former NBA player with multiple championships would say all that. That's just weird to me because I've been told by NTers that coaching doesn’t matter, just roll the ball out. Between an accomplished guard who was the 'basketball QB' for 2 of the most storied franchises in the entire league, or people on NT who have never coached in the NBA, or any basketball, at any level, ever, anywhere... I'm just so torn on whose words have merit and whose words have no merit.

Turns out you shouldn't switch lineups/rotations and defensive schemes 30 games into the season.

I'm not going to argue that Ham isn't apart of the problem, like C CP1708 has stated many times, we seem to blame the coaches for the failures when a lot of the times the players are not playing up to their potential.

Would firing Ham really change the fact that D.lo has been trash after his hot start, injuries' have been a problem and our players continue to not hit 3's?

It's weird that an NBA player with multiple championships would say that the squad is cooked with Ham. That's just weird to me because I've been told by NTers that coaching doesn’t matter, just roll the ball out. Between an accomplished guard who was the 'basketball QB' for 2 of the most storied franchises in the entire league, or people on NT who have never coached in the NBA, or any basketball, at any level, ever, anywhere... I'm just so torn on whose words have merit and whose words have no merit.

What NBA player said the squad is cooked w/ Ham? The clip is just Rondo talking about the bubble with a random person’s quote attached to it… Rondo did say the blueprint needs to be Lebron forcing the ball into AD and let the others get theirs later (which taking out Austin and DLo kinda forces the offense to do)

It's weird that an NBA player with multiple championships would say that the squad is cooked with Ham. That's just weird to me because I've been told by NTers that coaching doesn’t matter, just roll the ball out. Between an accomplished guard who was the 'basketball QB' for 2 of the most storied franchises in the entire league, or people on NT who have never coached in the NBA, or any basketball, at any level, ever, anywhere... I'm just so torn on whose words have merit and whose words have no merit.

I've been saying Ham been cooked since November.

I've been saying for years AD need to get his xxx in the post

I've been saying all year Lakers need a Rondo type floor general to replace DLo. It should've been Conley instead of DLo but Pelinka didn't wanna listen last year.

Lakers gotta get rid of the weak links and add a legit center if they want to win a title.

The weak links are:

Darvin Ham
D'Angelo Russell

Trade bait:
Rui Hachimura
Austin Reaves (for the right player)

I'm not going to argue that Ham isn't apart of the problem, like C CP1708 has stated many times, we seem to blame the coaches for the failures when a lot of the times the players are not playing up to their potential.

Would firing Ham really change the fact that D.lo has been trash after his hot start, injuries' have been a problem and our players continue to not hit 3's?
Coaches are always an easy scapegoat... they might be arguably the least liked people associated w/ teams besides the owner. We've reached this weird space in sports culture where even average players like DLo have stans (DONT COME FOR ME) so people are going to try and ways to deflect blame from players they like.

Since the team is losing, you can find blame everywhere if you want.

It mostly starts and ends with the players on the floor though...

I know it's been said that this team misses Dennis, but you really miss a player when his replacement isn't available. No Gabe means you kinda have to play Cam more, which hurts. The injuries to Rui and Vando hurt because those two guys were slated to be competing for a starting forward spot, which Prince is doing the best he can holding it down but his game doesn't have the same ceiling as the other two... but credit to TP for being probably the most reliable shooter on this roster, outside of probably Austin.

The funny thing about the lineup change is I don't really see much hooting and hollering for DLo to start... seems like some of the fans REALLY love Austin because this seems to me what it's mostly about. I'm sure by now you guys know IDC about who starts, it's the total minutes and closing the games that matters more IMO. But even if you want Reaves to play more I'd say he has to defend better (which he's capable of) and recognize that Bron and AD are the stars of this team. There shouldn't be games where he's taking more shots than AD or tied with Lebron in attempts. Can't say for certain but I feel like part of taking him out of the starting lineup is to give him a bigger role w/ the second unit ... and maybe the same for DLo.

And now we've gotten to the point where everything has been magnified... hands in pockets, arms folded, chewing on a towel, etc... who cares? Other team went on an 8-0 run but no timeout? Okay that's 3 possessions, and maybe the Lakers got great looks but just missed. Complaining after wins? Yeah I know the team got a much needed win, but that first quarter was nasty offense... I mean cmon, I just find a lot these complaints to be really disingenuous.

Having said all that, this is not me making a case that Ham is a coach of the year candidate lol he's def not high on my list of top coaches in the league but most of these complaints can be eliminated if players just played better...on a consistent basis. And if they're not capable (Jax Hayes for example) get rid of them for someone who can get the job done.

I said several years and coaches ago, y'all keep blaming the wrong damn spot.

Glad a couple starting to get it.

I say we can Ham so you guys can get started on blaming the next HC and we can do this all over again in 18 months. Who's with me?

#CanHam

#ThisTimeWillBeDifferent

I said several years and coaches ago, y'all keep blaming the wrong damn spot.

Glad a couple starting to get it.

I say we can Ham so you guys can get started on blaming the next HC and we can do this all over again in 18 months. Who's with me?

#CanHam

#ThisTimeWillBeDifferent
For the record I thought Vogel lost the locker room with the Westbrook situation... plus after they won the title and he was only able to negotiate like a one year extension after that I figured he was good as gone.

Slap in the face, and kinda shows that they probably never really wanted him in the 1st place.

Well it's not exactly going great for him in Phoenix, which is weird because they have a true center but hey you never know!

Back
Top Bottom