**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Vando has been terrible. Injuries, inconsistent minutes, whichever you prefer.

Add to that, he's the only one you can't trade.

So you gotta play him. You paid him, play him. Start him and Rui and showcase your talent. Start DLo too and play him with strong defenders to reconstitute as much value as you can, while simultaneously playing to his strengths (playmaking with other strong finishers and getting easy looks off of Bron/AD). Let AR continue to work over 2nd units gaining rhythm and finish with Bron/AD. **** ain't rocket science.

Post forgot about Kuz but that’s been my position about 2020…wasn’t necessarily the BIGS but the TWO WAY players on the roster.

When the playoffs get real (WCF/Finals) and teams start matchup hunting those liabilities get played off the floor… unless your offense is otherworldly like Curry or Kyrie. This is why Austin isn’t untouchable in my book, although I’m not just shipping him out just because.

Prince being asked to be what he’s asked to be is a huge problem too. He’s not a starter. He can’t be the initial POA defender. He doesn’t rebound well. He actually is one of the worst rebounding forwards in the league.

But none of that is really his fault. Ham making those all roles for him is a lack of functional (key word here) depth, which is a Vando and/or Rui issue. Injuries playing some of the part there.

Prince as a bench player. 20 minutes. Just to be a steadying presence, absolutely great. Guarding another teams scorer when that guy is surrounded by bench guys or guarding backups, great. Optimal role, and one of those that’s a championship team type check boxes. That’s what he was signed for.

The great teams have a lot of intricate players, I have player X because I have player Y type stuff.

The bridge between DLo/AR to Bron/AD is my biggest gripe. I look to what Aaron Gordon and KCP for the Nuggets, between Murray/MPJ and Jokic.
I don’t think the Lakers need two bridges, but 1. Would be great.

Perhaps if they had 5 starters in response wouldn’t be much of a problem

“Austin and DLo, they’ve had some really good synergy together on the floor. And so that second wave allows us to play a little faster, a little more offensive. I’m looking forward to both, seeing how this starting lineup applies their pressure on the game early and then also see, once we start making substitutions, the variety in which we get things offensively.”

(That’s a Ham quote)

Has anyone seen Dejounte perform and carry at times in a deep playoff run?

We’ve seen that from AR. He’s a known commodity. Playoff pressure is something else….

Has anyone seen Dejounte perform and carry at times in a deep playoff run?

We’ve seen that from AR. He’s a known commodity. Playoff pressure is something else….
We’ve seen scoring guards like Monk thrive next to Lebron and AD… I mean you basically get to cook 1 on 1 while the big 2 catch all the schemes. And that’s not at all a slight to Austin he’s a great role player

What I really hope for is Vando getting back to what he was pre injury.

Mind you he wasn't an offensive juggernaut or anything, but he wasn't this bad.

I really want D.lo to get back to his old self.

I just don't see a trade to fix everything and some of the trades IMO make us worse in the long run.

Hopefully we win Thursday and some of the trade talk can chill.

The responses in this thread are hilarious... Spider, Trae Young, Kyrie, PG, KD, Bridges, unnamed player but must be a perennial all-star level talent in return.

#MyAR

AR has a pretty good contract (~13 mill/year) and just started breaking out last year (additional improvements are more likely than not). Not against trading him if the trade moves Lakers to a championship contender, but will be hard to get back that contract value.

Out of the rumored trades so far: like Dejounte Murray. He’s naturally a PG, but can play SG as he is with Trae. POA defender, can guard most guards well, just has trouble with beefy forwards.

Would rather trade DLo, but nobody wants him. Rui trade value probably going down as he gets less minutes

I mean I get it.

Ham isn’t the worst coach ever. He isn’t the best either. Not all his fault, but sometime you just have to weather the storm.

DLo/AR/Vando/Bron/AD were +20 last year. The argument against it was due to ridiculous 3 point shot making, and hey look at the WCF. But even if it hits above average and it’s +8 or 9. And if there is a better PG, SG or SF that can be had for a 1:1 trade or 1+ non rotation guys, then go ahead. Unlikely they will find that trade for PG, SG. (I believe that lineup is still only at 1 minute even though Vando has been back a couple of weeks).

AR struggles, goes to the bench to find some magic and to separate from DLo. Then finds a rhythm. DLo struggles, gets booted from 4th quarters, team results don’t change. Then following a game where has a quarter where he finds some rhythm, he got benched for Vando’s 1.5ppg and is now attached to AR off the bench.
Rui was re-signed to have a big role, and that has changed a lot.

Lineup changes are whatever, but it’s throwing it at a dartboard thing.
And they likely would have been fine just building continuity and as much normalcy as possible. Instead every 10-15 games is a whole new strategy.

Don’t think Ham needs to be fired. But the Front Office can send edicts to the HC

Last edited:
I mean to be honest, it seems no matter what line up you throw out there, there is a flaw.

D.lo can't guard a senior citizen.
Vando can't do anything offensively.
Rui is up and down.
TP is doing to much and shouldn't be starting.

They gotta find something...

Last edited:
ham sammich gotta go back to
Dlo, AR, Vando, bron and AD

FYI, laker store will be dropping gift of mamba jerseys @ 824 in case yall missed out

FYI, laker store will be dropping gift of mamba jerseys @ 824 in case yall missed out
In store only. :frown:
I need that XL so bad.
Screenshot_20231227_095703_Instagram.jpg

Ahh it is limited to in store and only 1 order per person. That sucks. I’m mad I missed out on the SNKRS drop Smfh.

Back
Top Bottom