**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Prince is the best 3pt shooter on the roster right now, fine with him starting… probably plays a few too many minutes at times but he is the best reliable two way option at that position.

Team seems to be fine when Lebron plays engaged, obviously with his age and years played you just can’t expect him to be motivated nightly.

And as far as the Buha podcast disgruntled role player I think they should all want more minutes more shot more everything lol…

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_12-26-2023_10-03-24AM.png

If i could do this giving away two first i would do it in a heartbeat, but considerign what they paid for him I don't think we have the assets for it.

Boston was also a glaring example of Why the Lakers need a competent starting/6th man caliber big. Any time AD wasn't on Porzingus it ended badly,

Gotta move AR back into the starting lineup, especially if you benching D'lo

AR and TP out there give us the best look from 3.

Its the offense that has been the problem so far.

Not too worried about the defense.

Using last years starting lineup of DLo, AR, Vando, Bron, and AD does NOTHING for this team to move the needle.

Inserting Rui instead of Vando does little to improve this team's fortunes as well.

Lakers NEED A 2-Way Guard not named D'Angelo Russell AND A LEGIT BIG MAN starting next to AD. Vando and Rui are not legitimate big men and both would be much better coming off the bench on any team with Bron and AD in it.

For the last 2 months I've been hearing STRONG WHISPERS within certain circles tied to the Lakers that The Robfather is gunning for a guard to replace DLo and a Center/True Big to play next to AD. And I'm also hearing that Ham's being monitored very closely and what could make matters worse for Ham is if the Lakers continue to play like losers and fall well below .500 by January 15.

Things are starting to get really exciting.

when did lakers FO say they wanted to replicate the 2020 front court...was it before or after they prematurely ejaculated that contract on gabe vincent /?

"Lots of buyers, few sellers," wrote Adrian Wojnarowski on Threads when asked what he anticipates for the trade deadline.

“There will be trades. There will be sellers. But the asking price is going to be high from the really bad teams to move assets --- so that [it] slows down."

when did lakers FO say they wanted to replicate the 2020 front court...was it before or after they prematurely ejaculated that contract on gabe vincent /?

I think the Lakers have been trying to get veteran minimum bigs, similar to Dwight Howard and JaVale McGee, every season since 2020. It just hasn't worked out.

-Fischer reporting the Lakers are optimistic Vincent will return closer to the six week mark than eight week mark
-Fischer thinks the Lakers will go for LaVine because of D'Lo's inconsistency

Lavine makes no sense....zero.

The money makes no sense and the players we would have to give up make no sense.

Is Lavine the ideal fit, no, but he's probably the only dynamic all star caliber guard that'll be available to acquire.

Everyone and their mama knows we wanted Kyrie and he was the best fit as well next to Bron and AD, but the Nets wouldn't cooperate. Donovan would probably be a better fit than Zach but he's probably not available until the summer at the earliest. There's a fine line right now between competing for the now while Bron is still at an elite level and AD is playing the best ball he has since that first season here, while also trying to find a sidekick for AD post Bron.

As long as those 2 are here kinda of have to take a shot at it. I think everyone knows this roster isn't championship level and tbh, none of these to ancillary pieces should be untouchable. Timing is crucial as well cause we only can use D'Lo's contract up until the trade deadline.

I guess something in the middle would be the DDR/Caruso deal but then you gotta resign DDR after the off-season.

The one thing we should know is Rob makes deals that aren't reported...

The D.lo thing wasn't on the radar until it happened.

I hoping there will be a guard that wants out (Mitchell) and we can get it done since his money would be less and one less year.

I'm ok with a trade, I'm just not ok with a trade just because. Lavine ain't worth 48 IMO.

Back
Top Bottom