**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

NTMLE hard caps at the first apron, TMLE hard caps at the second apron.
Oh yea that’s right

I misread the tweet.

So yea, the team might still do what I thought about earlier. Use only 5 million of the NTMLE (effectively the TPMLE) and have more wiggle room (bc much higher hardcap) and thus allow them to bring in Lonnie and go higher on salary as needed for Rui and D’lo while having room to make a trade and take back more money later.

Can also happen in reverse and not by choice

if D’lo is back for too much (2/50) and Rui signs with team x for 18-20 per year and lakers match (all hypothetical) then lakers will realistically only be able for to use 5 mill of the MLE and not the full MLE so the hardcap is higher and they can keep both D’lo and Rui.

All the “sign brown for 12 and still keep D’lo Rui Austin” talk only works if D’lo and Rui sign for less than projected bc of lower hardcap

Last edited:

i-know-some-of-these-words-mhmm.gif

Yeah, I just don't wanna be hard capped.

So many things can happen during the season and being unable to pick guys up or sign vet buyouts etc. bothers me.

I'd strongly consider it for Brook tho. Especially if brother was tagging along. Would be best big rotation in the NBA.

New CBA bogus as hell.

I think if I am going to miss on using an exception, then I will miss going on the 6'7 swingman that's a career 37% shooter from three and is a competent defender.

Gimme Taurean Prince if he makes it through the waiver wire and hits free agency.

Reactions: DLF
Did some number crunching and my “option to only use 5 mill of the MLE to qualify for much higher hardcap” doesn’t really make sense given our bird rights are for guards and we will end up with 7 guards lol

Assuming Rui and D’lo get 15 and 20, respectively we still end up with about 3.5 mill under the hard cap of 172 mill if I did it correctly (probably didn’t)

E449851B-AE36-47D6-85BF-C8896852D40F.jpeg

Kind of crazy the position we are in this summer. Most of our roster is set. So different than years past where we were looking to fill like 2-3 starting spots and like 4 bench spots.

assuming we use our full MLE, and the rest of the numbers stay as is, we can afford to pay D’lo and Rui a combined $38,5000,000 or so and still be under the hardcap. If they command more we might have to avoid using BAE.

Splitting the MLE yields the same numbers overall although Castleton wouldn’t be needed in this scenario bc Bamba would prob take that slot.

If shroeder does us a solid and takes $3,778,745 instead of the BAE ($4.5 mill) we can slot that BAE elsewhere and still be short of hard cap (although very very close) or if Rui and D’lo take less we can still have wiggle room (3-5 mill below)

Last edited:
I think players that folks are discussing as potential “split the TPMLE” on will be surprised how much they actually get

Dennis Shroeder I predict gets about 10 mill
Plumlee also about 10 mill given the crappy center market.

I think Jevon Carter for BAe is realistic and we can use bird rights on Lonnie at 4-5 if he gets squeezed and Rui takes less than 15. Can then use MLE on bigger players.

Guard rotation of D’lo Reaves christie JHS Carter lonnie

That’s plenty of bodies although missing deadeye shooter.

Can use MLE on guys like Prince, Lyles, Bamba etc to get size

Close to hardcap but not over pending D’lo and Rui deal totals

Back
Top Bottom