**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Tonight is our last night away from GWF Staples Crypt. We get 3 of the last 4 in our own building.

So 5th is a possibility? Did I read that right in here yesterday? Outside possibility, unlikely, but possible?
5th is a certainty IF we win out.

But I highly doubt we do bc vs LAC, we will be on a second night of a back to back. 3 games in 4 nights. Doubt doubt doubt AD and Lebron play.

Honestly. I’d be happy not making it to 5th. Rather stay out of the Suns / Nuggets bracket. Let the clippers/suns eliminate one of themselves in first round.

As long as we lose only 1 and Dubs do too… we get 6th.

I want us to win 3 of 4
Lose to LAC by resting AD and Lebron

Hopefully that gets us the coveted 6 spot

But every team wants that spot so it’ll be tough

what are the magic numbers for phoenix to lock 4th and sacramento to lock 3rd? i wonder if those teams start to rest their guys too by the end of this week

38-28 since the 2-10 start

Won 14 of last 20

All the ref calls
The buzzer beaters
The missed FTs

If the lakers are able to beat the jazz on the road, then beat the clippers the next night without AD and likely lebron, then turn around and beat the suns right after and get the 5th seed

Then YES, we have nobody to fear.

Even if not we have nobody to fear but wouldn’t hurt to get some confidence and more chemistry by taking on an easier team to start playoffs.

Would you rather play the Suns in a spaced out first round or in the second round-Western Conference Finals where games are every other day?

Would you rather play the Suns in a spaced out first round or in the second round-Western Conference Finals where games are every other day?

WCF because by then we will have gone through two rounds to build chemistry, confidence, momentum…….and CP will be gassed. playing PHX right out of the gate would be tough, but I’ll admit it will be tough for PHX for the same reasons, they’re trying to gel with all their new pieces

PHX isn’t getting out of the 1st round if they have to play GSW or Lakers and I’ll even go as far to say Clippers too depending on PG’s health

nba wants the lakers kings and warriors suns first round match ups.

but nobody wants to play the lakers in the first round so teams will move accordingly just so they dont have to play the lakers in the first round.

may we stay healthy this time around

I do not care. We will need to beat them at some point. Sooner is probably better tbh.

nba wants the lakers kings and warriors suns first round match ups.

but nobody wants to play the lakers in the first round so teams will move accordingly just so they dont have to play the lakers in the first round.

may we stay healthy this time around

It’s not that nobody’s wants to play the lakers (the 1-4 seeds are basically locked in), it’s that everyone wants to avoid PHX and the play in. The maneuvering to get into the 6th seed (and avoid the 5th & 7th/8th) will be legendary this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom