**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I don't think I've ever seen d'lo score without a screen.

He had that old man Andre miller dunk last night on a breakaway (except he's 21 and 6'5 :smh:). And he has scored from the mid post but it's been a long while since he's done that. Sometimes he gets random spot up threes on a break or broken play

Overall, I'd say 90% of his FGs are off screens. He's not the type to break down a defense with dribble penetration nor is he a 1 on 1 get-you-a-bucket type guy

But his offense has been good enough, especially since the ASG

Last edited:
Lol isn't he in the top percentile in isolation scoring in terms of PPP? Frequency might be less, by you don't want these sorts of possessions anyway.

And aren't the most successful offenses and individual plays based on screening/proper screening especially in today's NBA?

But eye test

There's no point. I do hope this eyebrow slit dude gets traded (my gut says he will be) and he does his thing somewhere else.

Last edited:
Lol isn't he in the top percentile in isolation scoring in terms of PPP? Frequency might be less, by you don't want these sorts of possessions anyway.

And aren't the most successful offenses and individual plays based on screening/proper screening especially in today's NBA?

But eye test

There's no point. I do hope this eyebrow slit dude gets traded (my gut says he will be) and he does his thing somewhere else.

I don't think I've ever seen d'lo score without a screen.

Come on. I understand criticism but :rolleyes

It's just laughable at this point, the things they come up with. :lol: And they all kick and scream that they really just "analyzing" his game, they aren't hating at all, no not them..... :rolleyes :lol:

Bleachers Report's 22 under 22...

Russell is 6th. Ingram 8th.

Have a bit of contention about Russell being too far down. But it's about production as opposed to outlook.

For example Parker has better production, but with two major ACL injuries, I'd take Russell over. Also Booker. Booker is only slightly more efficient of a scorer, despite having only one job, with more opportunity and more minutes. But when you like at the full canvas, Russell is better at pretty much everything else on the court.

The struggle is real Laker fam. After 3 years of season tickets, which with my luck coincided with the worst 3 years in Lakers history, I am deciding to not renew my season seats. I've lost so much money damn near $0.50 on the dollar. Going to practices and locker room tours has been cool. But it's time to cut my losses. Going to keep rooting for my squad and religiously watching every game, but I can't invest in this product anymore.

And by the way.....

Whenever you think we have it bad with Deng/Mozgov.....two words.....Chandler Parsons :lol:

4 yrs/$95 M

6 ppg

The struggle is real Laker fam. After 3 years of season tickets, which with my luck coincided with the worst 3 years in Lakers history, I am deciding to not renew my season seats. I've lost so much money damn near $0.50 on the dollar. Going to practices and locker room tours has been cool. But it's time to cut my losses. Going to keep rooting for my squad and religiously watching every game, but I can't invest in this product anymore.

And by the way.....

Whenever you think we have it bad with Deng/Mozgov.....two words.....Chandler Parsons :lol:

4 yrs/$95 M

6 ppg

We basically got 2 Chandler Parsons.

How Chandler Parsons have gotten paid so much earnings over his career to this point is a miracle. The dude basically had 1 good year and has been hurt every since. Must have saw that boy as the great white hope or something

Very first line....

There’s not a single player on the Lakers’ roster who receives as much backlash from fans as D’Angelo Russell

He gotta be lurking this thread. :lol:

Since Trade Deadline: 32.8 minutes a game, 20.6 points, 5.8 assists, 3.4 rebounds. 46.8% shooting overall, 34.1% from deep. 17.9 PER.

:pimp:

Last edited:

And by the way.....

Whenever you think we have it bad with Deng/Mozgov.....two words.....Chandler Parsons
laugh.gif

4 yrs/$95 M

6 ppg
Damn, $.50 on the dollar for each ticket, as in selling games you don't go to? Anymore details on your time as a season ticket holder? I didn't think it'd be that bad.

At least you had those experiences, fam. 
nthat.gif
 I'm up north these days and hope to get on that season ticket waitlist when I move back. 

Damn, $.50 on the dollar for each ticket, as in selling games you don't go to? Anymore details on your time as a season ticket holder? I didn't think it'd be that bad.

At least you had those experiences, fam. :nthat:  I'm up north these days and hope to get on that season ticket waitlist when I move back. 

Yep, there are games in the middle of the week that I can't go to and if they play a crappy team, I'm screwed, either nobody buys or they sell for a fraction of the face value. I'm talkin like 30-40% of the face value

even the game against quality teams on Fri or Sun, they very rarely sell at breakeven. All in all, I've lost half the money I put in over 3 years and they're decent seats (200 level)

The perks have been good, They send cool gifts over the summer and during Christmas (lakers cornhole boards, dartboards, lakers luggage, lakers monopoly, lakers floormats, lakers cutting boards, lakers umbrella) - all high quality stuff. And they invite us to special events like open houses where you talk to players/management, or locker room tours where you can also play on the court and shoot shots, and gameday shootarounds where you can listen in on the coaches/players as they go through a gameday practice, Q&A sessions with Mitch (rest in peace) and Stu and Bertka

That stuff's been cool, but it's been a money pit

Last edited:
Sounds like really cool stuff, all in all. Sorry you're losin money off it tho. With no sure fire end in sight to us bein bad, if you held on a little longer you could start to recoup some of that money, but no sure thing obviously.

True, I thought about that, I just initially wanted to go to 5-10 games per year and break even. I figured the other games would sell for a tad over face value each so I'd recoup the 5-10 games. That has completely backfired.

But it's been cool having season tickets for the team I've loved since I was 5 or 6.

Over the next couple years, the best we might be is around .500 and hovering around the 6-10 seed, not exactly exciting in terms of investing.

Keep them
I'd be more than willing to pay 41-51% of face value for the games you can't make

Is it all on you or are you in on it with friends / family

?

Back
Top Bottom