**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

lol he's not the best player in the league. Never said anything that stupid or anything close to it. He is the best player on my favorite team tho.

I was a Dlo fan at Ohio state. Would've been a fan no matter what team he was on. The fact that he came to my favorite team is a dream come true for me. Not sure what I've said that's so ridiculous. I think he's the best player on the team. I think he's special with a whole lot of unrealized potential. I think his progression for a guard relative to his age/position is encouraging. What's so crazy about that lol.

Last edited:
D'Lo just became the best player on the team at the trade deadline though. Y'all been stanning way before then. He's literally the only player that gets a 2 game, 3 game, 4 game sample like that actually means something. Per 36 stats to inflate what he actually does
Excuse after excuse for his struggles all for what. He hasn't done a damn thing worthy of the anointing he's been given especially when all indications are they'll be drafting somebody to replace him at his position because he's not proven to be good enough. It's quite bizarre.

When exactly did you know Giannis was going to be a star? When he was putting up 7 ppg and frail as a rookie? Cause you sure like to **** on BI as of late.

Last edited:
:lol: I guess you really just see what you wanna see

In x amount of years when it's obvious I was right, y'all are still gunna try and discredit him somehow. The answer is always time. He's gunna be a good player and you'll be wrong.

Player evaluations are only fun when you do em early. Everyone knows a player is good after it actually happens. What's the fun in telling people that Bron is the best player in the league now? That's not news. I'm just evaluating players and telling you what I'm seeing and what I will see. When I end up being right you're still gunna discredit me/Dlo. That's the difference, if he sucks i won't be ashamed to admit it. If he's good y'all will just find another way to criticize him or discredit his stans for seeing what he was gunna become.

Last edited:
To answer you're question, I knew Giannis would be a star in the 2nd half of his rookie year.

BI is no Greek Freak.

Last edited:
To answer you're question, I knew Giannis would be a star in the 2nd half of his rookie year.

BI is no Greek Freak.

So after the all star break when he was putting ip a whooping 6.6 ppg/4.2rpg/2.3apg on 39% shooting. Interesting.

Yes. He had the it factor and was making ridiculous plays at a young age. Really turned into a full blown stan his sophomore year. Knew he would turn into a stud. Didn't expect him to be THIS good in my wildest dreams tho.

Shoutout to point Giannis :pimp:

Just like if you watched JOKIC in limited playing time earlier this year, you knew he was gunna be special. It was obvious Denver needed to run their entire offense thru him. Took them 2/3 months to realize that and trade Nurkic to let JOKIC shine.

Last edited:
I won't be afraid to admit I was wrong about Dlo if/when it comes to that. I know y'all won't give him the credit he deserves when he shows I was right tho :lol:

Last edited:
I won't be afraid to admit I was wrong about Dlo if/when it comes to that. I know y'all won't give him the credit he deserves when he shows I was right tho :lol:

You being right vs us being right constitutes what exactly? I know you've been adamant he's going to be a "star" like do you mean all star level player?

I need Julius off of this team ASAP. Early in the 1st quarter yesterday, BI has IT in a mismatch in the post. And what does Julius do? He notices that Horford is on him, so he starts sizing him - which will no doubt lead to some ugly contorted shot with his left hand while yelling out "Ayeh!". By the time he decides to give BI the ball, the defense has noticed the mismatch and a help defender is already on his way. BI is a really good playmaker, so he was able to find DLo open for three in the corner, but, still, the point remains.

What has hurt Julius the most, IMO, is this expectation to be a playmaker. That's not him, and it will never be him. Stop squeezing the air out of the ball trying to cheese an assist.

The day he's wearing a Kings jersey will be a great day.

You being right vs us being right constitutes what exactly? I know you've been adamant he's going to be a "star" like do you mean all star level player?

Yes. He has a long way to go and a lot of work that needs to be put in, but yes.

And @youngwolf, I know the exact play you were referring too. Ingram made a good pass out the double over Isaiah & Dlo did hit the corner 3, but I was screaming at Julius for not passing early lol. Standard JR, play like Lebron for 1 game and then play like **** for 9 straight games. His potential is sooooo intriguing but his effort/consistency might never get there.

Really doe?
roll.gif
roll.gif
I had the exact same face bruh. Giannis was literally almost as frail as BI. And his high the 2nd half of the season was 13 points. BI put up 22 last week and is damn near a bust somehow. 

Last edited:
I mean I did say I didn't know Greek Freak would be this good. It was obvious he was going to he fun to watch his rookie year tho.

Me the summer after his rookie year:

I got receipts b. Try and get them jokes off tho.

I see you didn't quote what I said after either:
"Yes. He had the it factor and was making ridiculous plays at a young age. Really turned into a full blown stan his sophomore year. Knew he would turn into a stud. Didn't expect him to be THIS good in my wildest dreams tho.

Shoutout to point Giannis :pimp: "

Last edited:
BI and DLo are gonna be in the future plans of the Lakers
Imma stan for both when they play well idgaf

Not like Giannis no. Jury's still out on BI so I'll give him another year before i make sweeping generalizations, but I don't feel that good about him. Good thng is BI's floor is pretty high so at very least he'll be a serviceable player.

Now post more gifs about how I'm wrong plz. Looking forward to it.

I mean I did say I didn't know Greek Freak would be this good. It was obvious he was going to he fun to watch his rookie year tho.

Me the summer after his rookie year:

I got receipts b. Try and get them jokes off tho.

I see you didn't quote what I said after either:
"Yes. He had the it factor and was making ridiculous plays at a young age. Really turned into a full blown stan his sophomore year. Knew he would turn into a stud. Didn't expect him to be THIS good in my wildest dreams tho.

Shoutout to point Giannis :pimp: "

Aight. Receipt accepted.

Thank you g. I was offended. I've really been riding for Giannis for a minute lol. One of my 3 favorite players in the league.

But still Greek avg 7,4,2 his rookie year. The thing about BI is he has zero confidence. You watch him in College and right now it's like 2 different players. No confidence in his shot, he rarely goes to the rim. A lot of times you forget he's on the floor. He just needs to work on his confidence. It ain't like he's a bad shooter or he can't get to the rim. He got the tools, he's just a unconfident kid right now.

Last edited:
the first game i was genuinely frustrated with BI. he IS making the right plays when it comes to moving the ball around, but damn, i wish he went YOLO mode and started chucking those things.

randle needs to go as well.

Giannis could end up being better than Unibrow. Imagine Giannis on the Lakers with Westbrook in 2-3 years. Scary.

Randle easily gets discouraged and his lack of self-confidence is obvious. dude has got to go and he's getting in the way of Nance and Robinson developing

Is anyone here old enough to remember Andrew Bynum in his first second and third year? The inconsistent effort, lapses on defense, low IQ and just overall lack of knowing how to play basketball. The flashes of talent followed by stretches of garbage. It's puzzling that people expect consistency from young players. All the other prospects you guys wish we drafted instead have the same issues. The pick you guys are railing to keep at all costs will have the same issues. Development is ugly and lovely at the same time. You gotta take the good with the bad

Back
Top Bottom