**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Russ 5 teams in 5 years. I’m here for it. Do it Rob!

It was a year before the Suns series that the FO changed the roster - Javale, Dwight and Danny Green were all let go after the chip. Rob was trying too hard

Reactions: DLF
lakers would have beaten the suns if ad didnt re injure himself.

and who knows what would have happened in the second round maybe our shooting would have woken up by then.

but it is what it is cant go back in time

I don't blame Pelinka for switching it up after the chip because Javale showed he was un-playable during the playoffs in the bubble (re-affirmed that the past two playoffs since) and Danny/Dwight on short-rest seemed risky. Ironically both made it through fine during the regular season and into the playoffs.

The Westbrook deal was bad enough but letting Caruso go for nothing made it even worse.

The scouting dept is the only part of the front office I have faith in.

It really is an excuseable and it didn't even save us any money either. Just bizarre decision making from the front office

Bron wanted Russ that's why they did it. If he wouldn't have pushed for it they don't make the move. It is what it is. Ultimately the fragility of both he and AD during there tenure has torpedoed us more than the ancillary pieces. The bubble break really was what saved this from being a complete failure.

I don't blame Pelinka for switching it up after the chip because Javale showed he was un-playable during the playoffs in the bubble (re-affirmed that the past two playoffs since)

I better see a whole lotta mutha****in replies your way disrespecting Horry 2.0.

Couple folks got some splainin to do......

Bron wanted Russ that's why they did it. If he wouldn't have pushed for it they don't make the move. It is what it is. Ultimately the fragility of both he and AD during there tenure has torpedoed us more than the ancillary pieces. The bubble break really was what saved this from being a complete failure.
Detractors always say this, but the team had the second best record in the league and had just beat the Bucks/Clippers the previous weekend before the shut down.

Detractors always say this, but the team had the second best record in the league and had just beat the Bucks/Clippers the previous weekend before the shut down.

While true, Bron has gotten hurt and missed significant time every year here, but that season. We all know how injury prone AD is. We were hitting our stride for sure but being fully rested and ready to go definitely helped not only us but every team in the bubble.

False

My memory may be fading but I believe the lakers were the only team that got that break. Every other team was forced to run 10 miles everyday 7 days a week with no food or drink during the Covid hiatus

so no to breastbrook?
20220620_202434.jpg
Screenshot_20220621-205119_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom