**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Tatum is in a great situation… why would he leave? Has everything he needs in Boston.. elite all star caliber running mate, elite defensive big, solid coaching & front office. To give all that up to come play for the Rambii sounds crazy.

For the sake of conversation I’d keep my on one man shows on bad or mediocre teams. Maybe those who really show that they aren’t committed to winning.

After the Lebron era is over I see the Lakers falling down the path of probably the recent Knicks. Overpaying for an average/slightly above average FA like how NY did with Randle. Not quite bad enough to completely bottom out, but since they don’t own a lot of their own picks it won’t matter. Build some value in that player, and then try to trade them for draft capital in a few years. By that time they’ll have their own picks again and can use all those assets to find the next star

2032 we back baby!

its ******* hilarious that vogel claimed ariza was the key to unlocking this team's identity.

ariza hasnt played in the last 9 games so maybe he was right

Some bottom feeder team looking to fill seats and move merch will take him. He'll play better in a low stress/expectation atmosphere.

Lakers on the other hand just need bodies that can hoop at this point - you take whoever you get as they're almost guaranteed to put up better numbers.

Did the lakers sell any Rust merch this year? Who’s gonna buy Rust gear when he’s a laughing stock?

Tatum is in a great situation… why would he leave? Has everything he needs in Boston.. elite all star caliber running mate, elite defensive big, solid coaching & front office. To give all that up to come play for the Rambii sounds crazy.

For the sake of conversation I’d keep my on one man shows on bad or mediocre teams. Maybe those who really show that they aren’t committed to winning.

After the Lebron era is over I see the Lakers falling down the path of probably the recent Knicks. Overpaying for an average/slightly above average FA like how NY did with Randle. Not quite bad enough to completely bottom out, but since they don’t own a lot of their own picks it won’t matter. Build some value in that player, and then try to trade them for draft capital in a few years. By that time they’ll have their own picks again and can use all those assets to find the next star

2032 we back baby!
KD was in a perfect situation twice

Harden twice

Lol

The thing about the nba is that everything runs on a 2-3 year cycle. The nba as we know it 2-3 years from may be drastically different. Guys have been moving way more than years prior.

Dubs two final runs…then boom KD comes. Then KD moves again to BK.

Kyrie 3 teams in 3-4 years.

Harden 3 teams in 3-4 years. After winning an mvp!

Tatum (only bc pmatic posted it) , Mitchell, Ad, Beal, williamson, Dame, embiid, harden could all be on differ teams by 2026.
No player is safe on their current team.
K, then instead of asking who you think will be the next face of our beloved franchise, I'll ask you something different: Who would you like to be our focus for the next decade? 👀

-foe

Read the story the other day about Dwight’s son. Not sure if that’s the same issue that’s caused the family emergency but damn… crazy stuff

2032 we back baby!

I wouldn’t mind them going all in rebuild wise once the Lebron era is over and they have picks to work with again. I just hope they don’t move any more first rounders this offseason.

Ultimately you gotta nail those picks and also get lucky to have a high pick or picks in a year where it’s a deep draft or there’s a generational talent. If they rebuild the right way, avoid overpaying someone like a Julius Randle and get some type of stability while piecing things together, they’ll be an attractive destination for superstar free agent talent.

Lakers are so bad that we're getting blown out and no one is even mad in this thread anymore

2032 we back baby!

Yeah, the idea that some Superstar player in a good situation is just going to come to a poorly run team like the Lakers is ridiculous. What LeBron did was once in a generation and he came primarily because of his other interests.

If 2013-2019 are any indication, the Lakers are going to be hurting for a long time. Had LeBron not come here out of the blue, we would likely still be a bottom feeder.

You are 100% correct in your assessment that the Lakers are liable to do something stupid like overpaying for an aging, big named superstar as opposed to building things the right way over time.

Lakers are so bad that we're getting blown out and no one is even mad in this thread anymore

Yeah, the idea that some Superstar player in a good situation is just going to come to a poorly run team like the Lakers is ridiculous. What LeBron did was once in a generation and he came primarily because of his other interests.

If 2013-2019 are any indication, the Lakers are going to be hurting for a long time. Had LeBron not come here out of the blue, we would likely still be a bottom feeder.

You are 100% correct in your assessment that the Lakers are liable to do something stupid like overpaying for an aging, big named superstar as opposed to building things the right way over time.
Been saying the management has been other worldly bad for the last 10 years or so

3 playoffs. 1 title. 2 first round exits. Rest are lottery picks. Deng Mozgov Westbrook.

9A453E61-D967-4F56-9203-7F1724CF16ED.jpeg

0919A327-9F32-4C39-8691-0BCAEF2CB7FE.jpeg

Kings get 2 top 75 players OF ALL TIME!!

Barnes is old. Sabonis is euro trash. Fox can’t shoot. Mitchell is small.

Do it Ranadieve.

CLE is 39-29 for 6th in the East. 👀

MIA has the 4th best record in the league, best in the East. 👀

-foe
Took some years to get to that point though. Neither team just bounced back. This is Cleveland's first good season in a while. Remember Kevin was just throwing the ball on the court just last season lol

Kinda want to wait until the offseason hits official to have these talks but screw it, took a long nap today so I'll probably be up for a while smh...

Definitely trade Russ.
Possibly trade THT
Waive dead weight

Without hypothetical trade scenarios what do you have on the roster?

PG: Nunn (sure def opt in)
SG: Reaves/THT
SF: N/A
PF: Lebron (going into year 20 thinking more and more of him transitioning into a post player), Stanley Johnson
C: AD

No picks, although should be able to buy one (yes Jeanie = cheapie) or find good talented undrafted FA

Taxpayer midlevel exception

What kind of depth can Rob possibly turn Russ and/or THT into? What kind of players have crappy contracts that their teams might be trying to get out of? Hmmm.... how about return to sender
E4C8AADA-607C-4824-83A6-8456C05FF102.jpeg

Maybe in this scenario you kinda force Lebron's hand and put him back as a primary ball handler and you'd have Reaves and/or THT as secondary guys

PG: Reaves/Nunn
SG: KCP/THT
SF: Lebron/Player A
PF: AD/Stanley
C: Porzingis/Player B

Maybe sign Tristan or Serge with that tax payer exception, bring back Melo at the min and maybe a vet min guard (Augustine?) and just roll with that.

What do you guys think? LOL flame suit activated

*Porzingis has like 2 years and $70 mil left on his deal. If you argued that his contract is worse than Westbrook's deal I wouldn't argue against that

If the Lakers can somehow create this roster they would be right back in the championship hunt:

Steph
Poole
Klay
Bron
Dray

Igoudala, Porter Jr, Payton II, Toscano-Anderson, Kuminga, Wiseman, Bjelica, Lee

Early prediction (I’m usually right so listen up).

1) Philly will fizzle. Harden will want Doc out.
2) Jeanie will talk to Magic who will convince her to get Doc Rivers
3) Doc will coach lakers next year

Side note: 4) Jeanie will beg Vogel to accept a trade for a 2nd rounder to someplace he wants (Atl? NYK?), if not she will reluctantly fire him.

Early prediction (I’m usually right so listen up).

1) Philly will fizzle. Harden will want Doc out.
2) Jeanie will talk to Magic who will convince her to get Doc Rivers
3) Doc will coach lakers next year

Side note: 4) Jeanie will beg Vogel to accept a trade for a 2nd rounder to someplace he wants (Atl? NYK?), if not she will reluctantly fire him.
Doc will want a 5 year deal, Rambi will offer him 3

Lakers will sign Scott Brooks to an 8 year deal no opt out

Took some years to get to that point though. Neither team just bounced back. This is Cleveland's first good season in a while. Remember Kevin was just throwing the ball on the court just last season lol

Miami took the Raptors to 7 in the 2nd round in 2016, two years after Lebron left. Even in the years they missed the playoffs, they bottomed out at 37 wins the season after Lebron left. After he left they would miss the playoffs one year and make it the next every season prior to their run to the 2020 finals. But they never hit rock bottom. They were more stuck in that middle of the pack territory.

Now Cleveland on the other hand. This is going to be their first winning season and trip to the playoffs without Lebron since 1998. They’ve been pretty horrible without Lebron. But Miami has been a model organization ever since Pat Riley has been there, so even if they weren’t competing for a title, they weren’t going to be bottom feeder bad unless they decided to clean house.

Back
Top Bottom