**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I’m not sure Lebron will be that desirable of a free agent next summer. Not too many team want to bring him in and all the circus that comes with it.
I guess we’ll see. Signing Lebron and the farewell tour hoopla, the scrutiny, the media storm of playing with his son, not many organizations want that. That’s a total Hollywood thing that’s why I think it’ll all happen here.
You don't honestly believe what you just wrote.

-foe

IPTk-D4lX3zGRl_VhSydrwX-tOfuC6ft5jCKPvvS8HU.jpg

After some of the **** you see in here, people just be saying anything at this point.
True

Things like “if only we get Nunn back. We will be solid….” Or “just gotta get healthy. A team with 19 guards 2 old centers and a doofus at point guard is a championship team”

"See THIS is why I hate Lebron. I liked him, but now he gave me a reason to hate him."

So much cap. 😂 You hated him before he got here. Mans been among the most hated superstars I've seen in all the years I've been watching sports. I used to hate on him, I know that. I stopped when I realized how trendy and weird it was, and when I saw that it's usually Kobe and MJ Stans hating. "I love my guy so I have to hate that guy." No, you don't, actually. Plus he got us a championship, so all good by me.

Did you want to hear/read him say "Oh, I don't ever see myself leaving LA. I'm a lifelong Laker now"? It's not his fault you would rather believe a convenient lie over an uncomfortable truth. The uncomfortable truths are:
- He can go wherever TF he wants
- He's never pulled any stunts like Har_en and Ben Simmons have to force a trade
- He has brought a championship to every team he's played for, including us.
- Finals MVP every time.

#flowers

-foe

I never expected Lebron to finish his career as a Laker. And I’m not even really mad at the little passive aggressive stuff toward Rob and the doors not closed on Cleveland comments, because he’s done this type of stuff everywhere he’s gone.

And in terms of him potentially bouncing next season. He’s never been a one team guy, or someone that’s been loyal to one team. To an extent I don’t fault him given how the average NBA player would get traded in a blink of an eye. He’s one of the few guys with the ability to dictate his career.

The Lebron way has been to go to a team with talent or upside, have a say in personnel moves which will likely stack his team in the short term at the expense of a few years down the line when he’s long gone. Then on the back end of that deal when the talent around him isn’t what it once was and they don’t have the tradable assets to upgrade the roster to his liking, he bounces and goes somewhere else which gives him a better chance to win. I don’t even blame Lebron or any superstar for having a **** them picks mindset either. Why should you care about stuff 4-5 years from now when you’re gone, you want the best possible roster now.

If you get a championship out of it, it’s worth it, and he’s delivered one of those to Cleveland and the Lakers. But at this point in Lebrons Laker career, you make moves to improve the team, but don’t do anything desperate which will put them in a crappy position a few years from now.

I just can’t see him bouncing around at age 40 and uprooting his family and all that

I really believe he’ll finish in LA

These comments could all be just to put pressure on Jeanie. She’ll make the right business decision. Just like #stayD12 :rofl:

It don't matter if Bron leaves although I'd like him to finish his career here. He did his job which is to bring a championship. It's Pelinka and Buss's job to build a dynasty when you have 2 elite talents.

Magic may have some influence on Bron staying as long as Magic influences Jeanie to ensure Pelinka is making moves to continually improve the team and immediately acquire the right role players so this team can compete for titles the next 2 years.

If Pelinka not feeling any pressure or urgency then he not the right man for this job while Bron and AD are here. IMO...Anything less than 2 championships with AD and Bron is a clear-cut underachievement.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
Idk anything about drafts, picks, and how much of a salary cap a team has but would it be unheard of if Lebron son signed to the Lakers instead of Lebron leaving? Could that happen at all?

Idk anything about drafts, picks, and how much of a salary cap a team has but would it be unheard of if Lebron son signed to the Lakers instead of Lebron leaving? Could that happen at all?
The best way for that to happen is if he decides to forgo the draft. I’m sure someone would snag him just because.

This is basically what happened with Reaves. I don't see it happening with Bronny tho

klutch has been the reason rob has done all or most of these moves I would like to see what he does without klutch influence

I respect Rob for not caving and trading Westbrook for John Wall. Literally makes no sense basketball wise. We already have injury prone AD and now LeBron and clutch wants us to trade for John Wall, someone who hasn't played a game all year? Plus we would be giving them a first-round pick. It's not like getting John Wall would move the needle and help us be better on the court.

All of this would be to cover for a move that LeBron advocated for in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom