**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

cmon now fellas WE'RE all JUST FANS here EVERY OPINION IS COUNTED FOR ,its not about right and wrong

at the end of the day our TEAM LAKESHOW sucks and we might missed the PLAY-IN

funny how the only 2 "bad coaches" are black.

and all the white coaches arent.

mike brown has done more with less than ANY of the white coaches you defend.

mike brown has a better win percentage than ANY of these bum *** white head coaches the lakers keep signing.

*Sigh*

That's what you got from all this? :smh:

Fair enough. I want Doc Rivers to replace Vogel and make everyone happy. 👍

Ohhhhh, y'all don't want that, do ya? :lol:

How bout Nate McMillan? Or Alvin Gentry?

I am fully capable of discussing any coach without worrying about their color. Lotta folks in here wanted Thibbs. *The sound of my laughter*
George Karl certainly *gets a pass from me, eh?*

I'm sorry anyone thought I was bein racist for bringing up the wonderful coaching of Mike Brown and Byron Scott.

:smh:

Luke isn't a bad coach because of the warriors. MDA isn't a bad coach because of Phoenix. Didn't Byron Scott go to back to back finals? Him and Luke are the exact same tier of idiot. That is definitely an interesting opinion

Nah you used to go crazy about how trash Byron was. Not a word about Luke and he made just as many dumbass decisions. He was literally white Byron

Reactions: MVP
Nah you used to go crazy about how trash Byron was. Not a word about Luke and he made just as many dumbass decisions. He was literally white Byron

Luke had no ****ing where near the roster Byron ever had except for the stint in GSW.

And Luke/Byron/Vogel/Kerr/Kidd/Pop/Hamblen just need to roll the ball out to that team, right?

Riley wasn't great cuz he could win with Showtime. Magic, Kareem, Worthy, who couldn't?
Riley was great cuz then he went to NY and had a complete different style, no more fast breaks, all defense and out muscle you.
Then he went to Miami and changed his style again for Zo etc.
Then again for Wade. (He cheated that time tho, he kinda knew that roster had it :lol: )

Byron was trash. Everyone else agreed on him.

I'm not even arguing Vogel is some savant. He's a suit. He fixes nothing on this team being fired. Just another suit steps in. (Pick your color Noble)

Pop dropped off when roster died.
Kerr dropped off when roster died.
Vogel dropped off when roster died.
Scott dropped off when roster died.
Phil dropped off when roster died.

The roster matters. The suit doesn't.

Phil, Riley, Pop, Spo are certainly great coaches. They are the 1 percenters. Like Bill Belichick in the NFL.

We aren't getting Spo, we aren't getting Pop, so flushing Vogel does nothing.

Flush Jeanie/Pelinka/Rambis, then we might get somewhere.

So what about a coach who had elite talent on multiple occasions at multiple stops, but never got it done or even less just make it to the Finals? Was unable to adapt to his personnel/make adjustments on numerous occasions to the point where the team basically had to stage a mutiny in order to start winning. Where would such a coach fall on the scale?

Here he goes...

Lakers have been great to elite at scouting/drafting. Starters, impact players and all stars scattered all across the league.

Lakers have drafted well,but Presti good in the last 10-15 yrs IDK

B.I./Randle/D-Lo have been all-stars The rest they found are solid guys but no superstars

KD
Russ
Harden
Ibaka
lil Sabonis
Giddy
Steven Adams
Reggie Jackson
Lu Dort
Jeff Green

I’m probably missing a few,but that’s an elite track record :lol:

He does things a year in advance so no extension this summer. Gotta move him.

It’ll be interesting this offseason. Because I doubt they’re going to make any short term moves to appease Lebron if it comes at the expense of their long term best interests, and they shouldn’t. Their hands are pretty much tied in terms of making moves as is if I’m not mistaken.

Lebron is well within reason to bounce next summer, and given his history and track record, if Cleveland has more upside and provides him a better chance to try and get a ring, that’s his likely move. Knowing that. There’s no reason to make personnel moves which will impact them negatively after he bounces or his play falls off.

They won a championship from the Lebron era. Would be nice to get another one. But I don’t see that happening, although I would love to be wrong.

I mean pelinka is trash. But you don’t say that if ur bron. I don’t think he’s trash bc he didn’t trade all future assets for wall but trash overall.

Also you can’t be talking if you wanted westbrick in the team. You and AD

Last edited:
Lebron will finish his career a Laker

Farewell tour…..passing Kareem…..all as a Laker. Too good for business for Jeanie to let him go!!

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
LeBron James affirms plan to play final NBA season with Bronny

“My last year will be played with my son,” James said in an interview with Jason Lloyd of The Athletic. “Wherever Bronny is at, that’s where I’ll be. I would do whatever it takes to play with my son for one year. It’s not about the money at that point.”

Back
Top Bottom