**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Literally everybody called Kobe selfish. My man was taking shots with 5 players on him. May he Rest In Peace. Never another like him

Literally everybody called Kobe selfish. My man was taking shots with 5 players on him. May he Rest In Peace. Never another like him
8B3E8732-802B-4AF8-A5E8-EFD0BE3C9DC7.jpeg

RIP

Screenshot_20220218-150748_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nah, C CP1708 , I saw your shock reaction here. I don't understand the shock in me saying there's a benefit in having 3 or 2 consistently available superstars, or even 1. I never said players don't matter. I seldom do absolute thinking.

I understand gray. Doesn't seem you do.

-foe

Screenshot_20220218-150748_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nah, C CP1708 , I saw your shock reaction here. I don't understand the shock in me saying there's a benefit in having 3 or 2 consistently available superstars, or even 1. I never said players don't matter. I seldom do absolute thinking.

I understand gray. Doesn't seem you do.

-foe

Yet you give no slack to the HC having to navigate thru those 3 INS and outs AS WELL AS the Melo's, Dwight's, Bradley in and outs, plus covid DNP's etc etc etc.

Don't say you not all gray but then choose to ignore the dozens of examples I've made about not just Vogel but every other coach and what their job(s) entail.

Yet you give no slack to the HC having to navigate thru those 3 INS and outs AS WELL AS the Melo's, Dwight's, Bradley in and outs, plus covid DNP's etc etc etc.

Don't say you not all gray but then choose to ignore the dozens of examples I've made about not just Vogel but every other coach and what their job(s) entail.
#1. This his first gig? Miss me w/ 'big picture' when it's actually not.

#2. Is Luke Walton a good coach? If yes, that's hilarious, but fine. Then who do you consider bad coaches? You've laughed at Mark Jackson I'm pretty sure. I know you hate Karl. Who else? And why?

-foe

#1. This his first gig? Miss me w/ 'big picture' when it's actually not.

#2. Is Luke Walton a good coach? If yes, that's hilarious, but fine. Then who do you consider bad coaches? You've laughed at Mark Jackson I'm pretty sure. I know you hate Karl. Who else? And why?

-foe

I think I've considered two coaches "bad". And they were easy to spot. Mike Brown. Byron Scott.
And look at both of them. They had some success. When they had elite guys on the court. :wink:

Karl isn't a "bad" coach, he's overrated. People treat him like he is great when the evidence showed he really wasn't. (Losing to 8 seeds, losing with better teams and Home court, etc)

Luke is an average coach, just like the rest of them. But he helps prove my overall point, look at his record when he ran the Warriors for a couple weeks. He just rolled the ball out and Steph/KD/Klay handled the rest.
When he rolled the ball out for the Kings....well....yea.

You mentioned previous Vogel work. To my Luke example, let's ignore Orlando. :lol: Phil couldn't fix Orlando.

How bout Indy. In 2013. Against the defending NBA champs. Bron/Wade/Bosh in their primes.
Vogel went at them for 7 games with 22 year old PG, Roy Hibbert, Lance and Tyler Hansboro. He gave Spot/Bron fits man. He was blocked from the Finals by the Pat Riley-Spo-Bron-Wade led Heat, with a young Paul George, Hibbert and Lance. That's not bringin a butter knife to a gun fight? :lol: You saw Hibbert and Lance in LA up close, they do it for ya?
Heat were loaded, and had won the year before. They had it all. Hell, that team had Ray Allen too.

Frank almost got them. Hey, he lost, I know. But he won in 2020 when he had the better players and against????? Spo, an elite coach.

Remember, the Heat and much of this board, the internet, etc wanted to fire Spo after 17 games in Miami. Well, he turned out to be a tremendous coach, even when his roster isn't loaded. When it is, he makes it to the Finals. Spo lost to us, but his team gave us more trouble than any others.

Frank gave Spo fits when they had a PRIME LBJ.

I'm supposed to consider Orlando moreso than that? Naw.
Pop, Kerr, Phil, whoever ain't fixin that place til they get true players on that roster again.

I think I've considered two coaches "bad". And they were easy to spot. Mike Brown. Byron Scott.
funny how the only 2 "bad coaches" are black.

and all the white coaches arent.

mike brown has done more with less than ANY of the white coaches you defend.

mike brown has a better win percentage than ANY of these bum *** white head coaches the lakers keep signing.

mike brown has a better win percentage than ANY of these bum *** white head coaches the lakers keep signing.
I thought it…but didn’t wanna be that guy lol

Whew and during BHM no less. Mike Brown also went undefeated in the playoffs with GS when Kerr was out if ppl want to give Puke credit for that stint where he was in charge. It's wild.

Can’t even talk about a sports coach’s merits without bringing race into the discussion SMH

there have been great and horrible coaches of both races. Who cares about their skin pigment? you can actually measure results to evaluate performance no need to even think about skin pigment

Can’t even talk about a sports coach’s merits without bringing race into the discussion SMH

there have been great and horrible coaches of both races. Who cares about their skin pigment? you can actually measure results to evaluate performance no need to even think about skin pigment
Oh NOW you want to get mad about race? remember im not the one who pointed out how we were picking on and blaming these "white head coaches" for no reason. and yes he did refer to them as "white head coaches"

and i am not trying to say cp is racist because i know hes not he just really loves white head coaches 😂

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom