**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

272968181_5628005083894636_3307266686998170930_n.jpg

It just occurred to me that our best asset this summer is Vogel. Expiring contract. Good coach with excellent rep in media and around the league. Jeanie will trade him before firing him to save money.

Let Randle walk
Let Lopez walk
Signed Beasley and lance
Panic traded zubac
Traded a first (Desmond Bane) and green for DS
Signed Harrell (klutch)- smaller and bad fit
Promised Drummond 30 mins and 85 post touches
Russ trade
Letting Caruso walk
Letting Shroeder walk
Signed two old old wings
Signed 1000 guards
Signed DJ (lol)
Trying to fix the too many guards/no wing depth problems by: offering two seconds for Shroeder at the deadline.
Not to mention coach disasters (Lue)

Unless we get a new president of basketball operations, there is no point playing internet gm bc whatever great idea you come up with, management will do the opposite.

Last edited:
9E9FCBF8-A80F-4911-96A0-7520CE06D96B.jpeg

Just finished listening to Windy’s podcast w/ Ramona and Dave Mc…basically a lot of the same old stuff rehashed but they did address the Stephen A trade AD stuff. Pretty much said the same thing I posted, not likely but it’s sure to come up around the league and the only place they could see him end up is Chicago.

Oh and there was some mention of the front office not 100% being convinced that the Russ/AD/Bron trio can’t work because of the coaching staff not getting RW to play a certain way (but has responded better since being benched)

Not really worth a listen unless you’re bored. Lots of stuff you’re probably already heard

again, what makes yall think a bought out player wants to come here to finish the season?
Minutes, opportunity, perks of living in LA and playing for the Lakers. Don’t assume every player is concerned with winning…some of these guys are just positioning themselves for their next contract.

*Although once you get labeled a buyout player I think that rep might be hard to shake

Lakers Could Have Traded Russell Westbrook Without Outright Giving Up Pick, Not Ready To Give Up On Him

The Los Angeles Lakers had an offer from the Houston Rockets of John Wall for Russell Westbrook that would not have included their 2027 first round pick. The Lakers reportedly were not ready to give up on the idea of the team figuring out to play with Westbrook, and may even be ready to do so heading into next season.

"The way I heard it was it could have been done for a first round pick, but it was even suggested they could have done it for a pick swap," said Ramona Shelburne on The Hoop Collective podcast. "I don't know the details of what that swap could be like, or how that would even work.

"It would have been John Wall for Russell Westbrook and a draft consideration," said Brian Windhorst. "There could have been first rounders moving, but it wouldn't have been losing a first rounder maybe?"

"Let's put it this way," continued Shelburne. "They would have had to incentivize Houston to do the trade with some kind of draft compensation. I think it was even less than what people have assumed.

"But I think the Lakers are not ready to pull the ripcord on that Russell Westbrook experiment. I think they feel like the team, the coach, the coaching staff, everything has not done enough to say this isn't going to work. Russell Westbrook is a future Hall of Famer. There are different ways of being used. And some of this is on Russ too. Russ can still change more too. But I think they feel they gave up so much to get him and he is a really talented player if used correctly. And he has not been used in any kind of way that's he comfortable with, or has been used, or been good before. We can argue forever whose fault that is. I think it's a lot of both. I think both sides take some... And some of it's just reality of playing with LeBron now. It's a different setup than he's ever been in.

"I think they just feel like you can't keep changing all the time. Especially just change for just change sake. That's kind of the phrasing I've heard. Let's not make a change just to make a change. Let's make a change when we know it's going to make us a lot better.

"I've even heard this phrasing of this is probably going to be the roster next year too. Obviously a lot of the minimum contract guys will change, but I think this is what they've got. There was a couple of weird signals I've seen since that. I don't think LeBron has been a situation where he just gets told no, flat out, very often."

Every report leading up to the trade deadline was the Rockets were only considering the trade with the 17 pick attached. Now it could have happened without it, c'mon.

Back
Top Bottom