**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I don't believe the article either but the last sentence is what stood out to me...

"I've even heard this phrasing of this is probably going to be the roster next year too. Obviously a lot of the minimum contract guys will change, but I think this is what they've got. There was a couple of weird signals I've seen since that. I don't think LeBron has been a situation where he just gets told no, flat out, very often."

Is the divorce starting....

Nba is so dumb. It’s turned into politics

Dave McM is a klutch propaganda guy
Shelburne is a Jeanie propaganda gal
Woj has a relationship with Russ

Depends on who is reporting, it’s all made up WWF style ****.

Nba: where the drama is more exciting than the games themselves

Edit: listening to that pod. Dave McM is clearly trying to push Klutch agenda. He is taking shots at Russ at every chance he can get and the front office for being cheap. He’s starting to sound like me, except he is suppose to be a neutral journalist. Ramona doing the opposite except telling it from side of Jeanie and how “you can’t just give in to demands”

Stupid league with low iq fans. #cesspool

Last edited:
6tizuylsz1i81.jpg

I don't believe the article either but the last sentence is what stood out to me...

"I've even heard this phrasing of this is probably going to be the roster next year too. Obviously a lot of the minimum contract guys will change, but I think this is what they've got. There was a couple of weird signals I've seen since that. I don't think LeBron has been a situation where he just gets told no, flat out, very often."

Is the divorce starting....
Outside of Cleveland I think Lebron has gotten told no enough…him and Wade wanted Riley while in Mia, that obviously didn’t happen. Can’t think of any roster moves off the top of my head, but I don’t think he was running that franchise like he did Cle…they admittedly bent over backwards to accommodate him. More or less I think the same thing is happening in LA, no he can’t the coach but yes we will consult with you on certain roster moves.

Wall for Russ ain’t moving the needle one bit, so I think the front office did the right thing standing pat. Both parties trying to put some of the blame on each other for the RW trade but honestly both are at fault if we’re playing the blame game.

How many rock bottom losses have we had this season?

Season from hell

- Blown out by MIN
- blown out by SAS
- loss to POR without Dame/CJ
- loss to MEM without Ja/Brooks
- loss to IND at home
- Loss to ATL with Russ and AD and Monk going off
- Loss to BKN at home without KD/Kyrie
- Loss to SAC at home in 3OT
- 2 losses to OKC

JUST WIN baby!!

one game at a time

The game vs the Warriors was winnable Lebron missing FT unforced errors and Klay was unguardable

Heck of a Season happening to LakerNation

Just crazy what the Clippers are doing without their two best players...

I don't know what Lue is doing but Vogel gotta take notes.

Indeed.

Lue is 2 games under .500 this season.

Vogel def should take notes from him.

Funny, Lue won his title with a much younger LeBron, and was fired just two years later after an 0-6 start (after Bron left)

He must have forgot how to coach just two years later........

So weird. It's just so darn weird how that happens.

Like Kerr too. Suddenly he's a good coach again this year!!!! Maybe it's different fabrics in their suits, iono. I can't quite figure it out.......

Indeed.

Lue is 2 games under .500 this season.

Vogel def should take notes from him.

Funny, Lue won his title with a much younger LeBron, and was fired just two years later after an 0-6 start (after Bron left)

He must have forgot how to coach just two years later........

So weird. It's just so darn weird how that happens.

Like Kerr too. Suddenly he's a good coach again this year!!!! Maybe it's different fabrics in their suits, iono. I can't quite figure it out.......

C CP1708 your not being serious with this post....you just can't be...you must be trolling...

I don't care about any of that old stuff you mentioned....

There is no reason the Clippers as they have been constructed mos5 of this year should have a better record then us.

I know you love to cape for coaches but come on....it's clear this year that Frank has made coaching decisions that have cost us games.

If you don't understand that the Clippers being 2 games .500 while we sit 4 games under actually is accomplishment, don't respond.....

Frank has not been a great coach this year. Period.

I don't care about any of that old stuff you mentioned....

Facts. You don't care about the actual facts. I didn't make any of it up man.

I know you love to cape for coaches but come on

:lol: it's literally, I mean LITERALLY, the opposite of caping. You guys are scapegoating, nothing more. Placing blame on a single entity.

I have pointed out A BILLION TIMES in subtle and not so subtle ways that the roster is what matters.

Phil with great roster = Finals
Phil with Smush-Luke-Kwame as 3 starters = first round fodder.

Phil forget how to coach?

Vogel this year could be Kerr, Pop, Spo, Riley, Auerbach, whatever fill in the blank name you want, you give him the oldest roster in the NBA with 1-2 decent defensive players and expect him to "work some magic". I don't care who the **** sits in that chair, THE ROSTER carries the burden.

You guys LITERALLY, flat out refuse to get it. You just want to blame and point and whine.

Kerr with Steph, Klay, KD, Dray ELITE!!!!!!
Kerr with Steph, Dray misses playoffs!!!!!

Same ****ing guy. Same as Phil. Same as Pop.

They......."coach better" with better rosters. :lol:

That's not caping. Those are absolute facts.

All of you guys:. "Where is Dwight?!?!??!". Vogel sucks!!!!!

*Plays Dwight, Dwight is terrible on court*

"****in Vogel, why didn't he play ______!" :stoneface:

Play AD at the 5!!!!!!!

AD plays soft AF.

"Where's Dwight!!!!! We should play Dwight!!!!"

And around and around and around y'all go.

What, Lue makes AD not soft? Lue makes Dwight better at 36? Lue makes Jordan good? Lue makes Russ good? Melo healthy and defensive? Makes Bron's free throws for him?

Phil wouldn't have this team winning either. A game or two on the margins, sure, I would agree on that. Maybe he prevents a letdown here or there in game (20 point blown lead or whatever)
But Phil doesn't give them younger legs. Healthier bodies. Completely changed natures. (Russ, Melo etc)

Like I said. Fire Frank. You're just gonna blame the next guy in the same chair. Then, someday, the roster will be better and *poof* there won't be need for blame, just celebrating.

And around and around we'll go.

The roster construction is an issue.

Frank’s coaching of this roster is also an issue.

Both can be true.

Vogel is kinda similar to MDA, but on opposite sides of the ball. He’s a really good coach when you have the perfect players to run the type of system he prefers. And when you don’t have those players it can get ugly.

He’s not the sole blame for this season’s struggles, but he’s played his role in this mess. Does he deserve to be fired this year? Only if the team quits on him, which they haven’t done just yet. Should the team give him a new extension? I don’t think so, depends on who else is available I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom