**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Damn we down bad rn :smh:

Hard to see this team going anywhere until they win a few games in a row against some real competition.

259105718_5306100592751755_733254459171190233_n.jpg

plj2x1mkws081.jpg

Seems like maybe more than I can remember there’s a lot of talent around the league.Young guys coming into the league all have pro moves, can shoot and don’t lack confidence whatsoever. Harder to beat teams just by showing up because you have the best player, gotta play hard and compete for 48 minutes. If the Lakers don’t do those two things against the Pistons they will get smacked tonight.

Seems like maybe more than I can remember there’s a lot of talent around the league.Young guys coming into the league all have pro moves, can shoot and don’t lack confidence whatsoever. Harder to beat teams just by showing up because you have the best player, gotta play hard and compete for 48 minutes. If the Lakers don’t do those two things against the Pistons they will get smacked tonight.
1637509628588.gif

I have a bad feeling Cade Cunningham will have his coming out party tonight...
Please let me be wrong
I saw him play once this season…against Houston, wasn’t a good game for him but looks like he’s starting to come around.

988918C1-BC83-4FBE-A507-3CCED2C3B795.jpeg

Side note : I thought he was 6’8, was that an exaggeration?

I saw him play once this season…against Houston, wasn’t a good game for him but looks like he’s starting to come around.

988918C1-BC83-4FBE-A507-3CCED2C3B795.jpeg

Side note : I thought he was 6’8, was that an exaggeration?
Yea they don’t measure hair anymore lol
Just like Donovan Mitchell is suddenly 6-1 now

Westbrook will probably guard Hayes, AD will guard Stewart. So that leaves Bey, Cunningham and Grant for Bron, THT and Bradley. Sure would be nice to have another forward on the roster.

Our only hope now is that Scott Brooks becomes the next Sac coach and he demands they trade for Westbrook

Westbrook will probably guard Hayes, AD will guard Stewart. So that leaves Bey, Cunningham and Grant for Bron, THT and Bradley. Sure would be nice to have another forward on the roster.
Don’t need to analyze a game like today this much.
If the lakers don’t win convincingly it’s a failure. Convincingly for this team isn’t a blow out. Just don’t get a win by coming from behind of relying on random role player x hitting 7 threes. if we lose, I hope we get absolutely embarrassed. The more embarrassing losses, the more likely they make moves

Game day fellas, got some time to kill before tipoff…
03833433-63C2-4733-B62B-7753E0677D01.jpeg

Should the team stick with the small lineup, or go back to a traditional two big starting unit?

The offense has looked a little better (at least when it’s not stagnant) but it hasn’t translated into wins…at least just yet. Vogel’s always going to lean towards defense, so I think it’s just a matter of time before he inserts a center (maybe…hopefully Dwight) back in the starting lineup. I’m sure he’d much rather do that than going to a zone defense again.

AD is not a starting center, only a closing center.

Since DJ ain't it rn, start Dwight so we can set the tone on the defensive end. It should be an easy decision for Vogel

Trade them all. Play Russ at center a la Houston. Russ is elite and a great playmaker with highest of high IQs

Detroit has sadly been a tough matchup the past couple seasons
Think Stewart is out

Back
Top Bottom