**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If the Lakers can get a late-30s second rounder for Swaggy, I'd probably do it.

Then re-sign Swaggy in the summer for a year because he loves LA too much. :lol:

Last edited:
The could very well only trade Lou
Which helps the tank

If they don't
Tank still strong

They could trade the core for a star
Or they stand pat

Stating obvious scenarios is not calling your shot
It's not hard to see

If the Lakers can get a late-30s second rounder for Swaggy, I'd probably do it.

Then re-sign Swaggy in the summer for a year because he loves LA too much. :lol:

Pretty sure you can't re-sign a player you traded in the same year.

Washington has already dealt with the even more stupid version of Nick Young. No way they wanna touch Swaggy.

Last edited:
Amin Elhassan spitting fire on 710

Other GMs are going to try to fleece magic in negotiating because he has no GM knowledge

Oh wow. Telling us to mark our calendars during the week of the trade deadline. Genius

I SPECIFIED Mon and Tues and I did this last week when I found out what was going down. There was no way anybody would have known Jeanie was going to fire them on a specific date until word got out that Magic planned on having a meeting with Jim and Buss during the All-Star break, which was leaked last week

You and the rest of y'all make me laugh at how frustrated you guys get because you all damn well know my tune hasn't changed nor wavered from day one.

And now that everything is coming to fruition, you guys are beginning to see that tanking is not in their plans. We will go after Stars and we will trade for/sign stars. Period

So you still believe we tanking with Magic on board? Lol

So are you saying with certainty that Magic is going to trade for a star by Thursday?

Jazz beatwriter on Lou to the Jazz:

Jazz interested in Lou Williams?

ESPN New York Knicks writer Ian Begley reported the following late Monday night: "Some members of the Utah Jazz front office have expressed interest recently in Lakers guard Lou Williams."

Williams makes some sense for the Jazz. First of all, the Jazz don't really have an efficient go-get-baskets kind of scorer beyond Gordon Hayward, and Williams is that. He's phenomenal at getting to the foul line, shoots well and isn't a bad playmaker, either. He's on a $7 million contract for this season and next, a super cheap deal in this cap environment. And he'd be able to take over minutes at backup point guard (a sore spot) and some shooting guard minutes, too.

Jazz head coach Quin Snyder likes him too. "I'm a Lou Williams fan, 'cause I was with him in Philly and in Atlanta," Snyder told reporters after the Jazz narrowly beat the Lakers in the second game of the regular season in October. Earlier, in that day's shootaround, Snyder called him "one of the best pure scorers in the league."

Still, there are questions. Zach Lowe pointed out the biggest one that teams have around the league: Can Williams be a good playoff player? In his previous playoff appearances, he's been drastically less effective as games tighten up and his foul-drawing is no longer effective. And he can't defend at all, which threatens to hurt the Jazz's go-to quality: being elite on defense.

And then, what would it take? Begley says the Lakers are looking for a first-round pick. The Jazz have two of those this season, likely to end up around No. 24 and No. 30. Is giving up one of them worth it for Williams?

And can the Jazz deal with a brand new front office? The Lakers named Magic Johnson president of basketball operations just hours ago. Does he want to trade Williams like the old front office did? Who knows.

This might be too inside baseball, but I think it's semi-interesting, so I'll go with it. As a reporter, my first question was: How did Ian Begley report this? Begley is an extremely solid reporter, but he nearly exclusively covers the Knicks for ESPNNewYork.com. I can't find another instance when he's reported on the Jazz alone like this. How did he have knowledge of the thinking of "some members of the Utah Jazz front office"? That's awfully specific. If the Jazz had made a call on Williams, and the Lakers leaked it, they would have agreed to call as a front office whole.

I have a couple of guesses. First of all, Jeff Hornacek is the Knicks coach. Maybe he still stays in contact with someone in the Jazz's front office who said they liked Williams? Another possibility: Wallace Prather is Lou Williams' agent. He's also the agent of Derrick Favors. Prather has probably talked with members of the Jazz's front office dozens of times over his career, and maybe, they've talked with Prather about the possibility of acquiring Lou Williams. Maybe Begley knows someone in Prather's camp.
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43263777&nid=294

Last edited:
Oh wow. Telling us to mark our calendars during the week of the trade deadline. Genius

I SPECIFIED Mon and Tues and I did this last week when I found out what was going down. There was no way anybody would have known Jeanie was going to fire them on a specific date until word got out that Magic planned on having a meeting with Jim and Buss during the All-Star break, which was leaked last week

Man you said this 4 days ago

Just don't act surprised if Magic and Mitch decide to blow this whole thing up on Monday and ship D'Angela, Julia, and TinaFey outta town via overnight mail.

View media item 2341835

Did the cavs get korver for a first? Because I'm pretty sure nick has been better than him this year and he's younger

Last edited:
Swaggy is a 3 month rental for a contender
And he's getting 14 PPG on a tank team and that's s good year for him
Not sure they'd give up a 1st for that

Everyone in here getting themselves all twisted up lol

Dont be mad fellas. I ain't trying to get reps or get you to be my friend lmao

But I'll make you famous!

Last edited:
Oh best believe I have THE source. That's why I told y'all to mark your calendars.

I threw the curve because y'all weren't supposed to know the deal beforehand but I gave the hints something was going down on Monday or Tuesday, which will be the precursor to the big things that will follow moving forward.

Why would your source care about what 20 dudes on NT see? Lol

Best believe the sources are placed on a sort of gag order depending on the type of move being made

If Magic pulls the trigger and gets a 1st for Lou, and maybe a 2nd for Nick, I'll be very happy with his start.

That's one thing I always hated about Mitch, he held onto his assets way too damn tight. He never pulled the trigger on selling when it could help down the road. I hope Magic will at least do that, and then stop and pass the sticks. :lol:

You and the rest of y'all make me laugh at how frustrated you guys get because you all damn well know my tune hasn't changed nor wavered from day one.

And now that everything is coming to fruition, you guys are beginning to see that tanking is not in their plans. We will go after Stars and we will trade for/sign stars. Period

So you still believe we tanking with Magic on board? Lol

I've been saying for months with certainty that the Lakers are going to make aggressive EFFORTS to trade for a star before the deadline. More so than ever. Will a deal be consummated? It becomes even more likely, now that Magic calls the shots. He is looking to make a grand entrance, let's put it that way

So are you saying with certainty that Magic is going to trade for a star by Thursday?

If Magic pulls the trigger and gets a 1st for Lou, and maybe a 2nd for Nick, I'll be very happy with his start.

That's one thing I always hated about Mitch, he held onto his assets way too damn tight. He never pulled the trigger on selling when it could help down the road. I hope Magic will at least do that, and then stop and pass the sticks. :lol:

This is I guess a fair point but at the same time, if all you're getting offered for say a Pau Gasol is a late first rounder and then you end up getting a first rounder for LITERALLY NOTHING, that's gotta count for something right?

That's one thing I always hated about Mitch, he held onto his assets way too damn tight. He never pulled the trigger on selling when it could help down the road. I hope Magic will at least do that, and then stop and pass the sticks.
laugh.gif
This is I guess a fair point but at the same time, if all you're getting offered for say a Pau Gasol is a late first rounder and then you end up getting a first rounder for LITERALLY NOTHING, that's gotta count for something right?
Did the Lakers even get a first round offer for Pau?

I remember it just being a second and Emeka from PHX I think?

And they wanted to possibly keep him that summer. Not something I agreed with, but that was their logic. 

Back
Top Bottom