**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

And also likely had NO OTHER TEAMS AFTER HIM

the rockets had to give up assets to get rid of him. As did Thunder. Yet somehow we give up assets to get him

ya but we’re not sending a John Wall type player for him like Houston got. Or a CP3 level player like what OKC got

Like dhart48 dhart48 said

we should def all assume Westbrook gonna come in with winning attitude. He knows that he is now number 3 on a team with a system. I will assume that ad and Lebron had convos with him about how they wanna play. We def need to give Lebron and AD benefit of the doubt. We did win a title less then a year ago

I’m only mad at woj for saying Hield was on the way...then finding out he wasn’t. Then finding out we also giving up pick.

ya but we’re not sending a John Wall type player for him like Houston got. Or a CP3 level player like what OKC got
Two of the arguable (cp3 at the time too) worst contracts in the league. We sending Was expiring contracts and kuzmas 2 year deal that is easily tradable for 2nd round picks at minimum. AND giving them our pick this year in a great draft. By mid season, the Washington wizards could easily have flipped Russ and his 90 mill/2year deal for 4 second rounders, 1 expiring contract of Harrell and Trey Murphy.

that’s great for an “untradable” contract

One thing I will say,

We don't know what else is cooking. This can't be the only thing we have going. I hope we can get some legit vets on vet min because we get Russ and our Salary cap is SHOT.

While i will say this isn't ideal, i really hate how obsessed NBA fans have become with shooting, when year after year we see these top shooting teams vastly under perform when physicality is boosted in the playoffs.

My main concern comes with lack of depth, & injury concerns. Bron is in year 19, Russ is 32 with a history of knee injuries & relies on Athleticism & AD has a knack for getting small injuries. We just saw it Happen with the Nets last season.

With that said, as it stands i see no reason why we can't be in the Finals assuming Health

The Clippers will be missing Kawhi until At least the start of the playoffs
The Nuggets are missing Murray until the ASB
The Suns i honestly don't believe are that good.

this isn't a death sentence but the FO can't afford to make any missteps with this roster.

While i will say this isn't ideal, i really hate how obsessed NBA fans have become with shooting, when year after year we see these top shooting teams vastly under perform when physicality is boosted in the playoffs.

My main concern comes with lack of depth, & injury concerns. Bron is in year 19, Russ is 32 with a history of knee injuries & relies on Athleticism & AD has a knack for getting small injuries. We just saw it Happen with the Nets last season.

With that said, as it stands i see no reason why we can't be in the Finals assuming Health

this isn't a death sentence but the FO can't afford to make any missteps with this roster.
Depth will definitely be the biggest issue which is why it’s sucks to have to give up KCP. Only way we fix that is if we can flip Dennis and hope someone decent is available on the buyout market

Yall supposed Lakers fans in here have become soft, yall need to be bragging and boasting about this instead of sitting in self pity and common sense talk.

We have so much star power now.

We have Lebron, he makes everything work.

Like me.

Split Trade …they can still get Westbrook and buddy. Essentially Trezz will be going to Sac for Hield and Kuz KCP to DC for Westbrook and future draft picks
did you forget who we are :lol:

I would love this but teams hate helping us

We don't have the cap or assets available to get top level floor spacers, which means the Lakers are working with one dimensional shooters. That would be Okay if bron was 25, at this age it's too much of a load for him to get everyone their shots on offense.

Thing is we didn't need another star player to get that done. We could have leaned towards an intermediate (hence the championship squad)

Hold on to your labias fellas

A lot can change. Hope the kings get involved. Bring us home Rob. You son of a birch

I get what your saying, but when Marc Gasol is your highest 3p%, followed by Caruso and Mckinnie... there's going to be spacing problems. Bron and AD can't operate without some space.

4681C80E-D7FA-4750-AF3A-594A87EA0C88.jpeg

Yea, im confident buddy is coming too they just can't speak on it yet. That's why woj was reporting it was close to being done then switched it up.

Back
Top Bottom