**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Did any of you team tankers say Mitch was going to make an aggressive effort to trade for a star before the deadline?

Lol I don't think so buddy. YOU specifically even wrongfully claimed the Lakers rarely made midseason moves.
Aggressive would mean him approaching the kings
During other talks, he said if they decided to trade him to give us a call
Vlade called us and basically asked for BI

theres no way to gauge how aggressive he was unless he gave them the farm
Which would have been stupid considering the crap the kings got

Aggressive would mean him approaching the kings
During other talks, he said if they decided to trade him to give us a call
Vlade called us and basically asked for BI

theres no way to gauge how aggressive he was unless he gave them the farm
Which would have been stupid considering the crap the kings got

Happy birthday.

Did any of you team tankers say Mitch was going to make an aggressive effort to trade for a star before the deadline?

Lol I don't think so buddy. YOU specifically even wrongfully claimed the Lakers rarely made midseason moves.
Talking and making moves are separate things

Best believe Mitch has and will continue to inquire on any star that's available. It's foolish not to even get an asking price

Since there has been a number of stars available this deadline it's no surprise that we're looking into them

We have excluded our main core (DLo, BI, Zu). I don't see how our relatively light offers insinuate that we're ready to blow up our team for a couple stars

So at the end of the day you still wrong
So all of a sudden our "main core" is BI and Zu, after it's been rumored this weekend that the Lakers been offering up Randle, JC, and DLo? lol

When weeks ago all ya'll thought our "main core" was DLo, Randle, Clarkson, and B.I.

LMAO 

Anybody else going to the Wolves game next month for Shaq's statue unveiling?

Had plans on going but my son is due to be born that day...

Tickets are in hand but I promised them to my brother if there is even a remote chance of wifey giving birth.

Mitch being "aggressive" is Mitch making and fielding calls for the last 2-3 months trying to gauge the market trade value of his expendable pieces.

Don't come at me acting like two months ago you knew the Lakers were looking to make moves and make an aggressive effort (operative word: effort) to try and strike a deal with a trade partner because all y'all been saying from the time we started losing games in bunches that the Lakers will and should tank.

What you all didn't expect was that they've known since mid to late November they were going to offer up at least two of their young pieces more aggressively than they've done in the past, whether or not we would be in the running for a playoff spot.

Last edited:
Kurt Cobain's birthday today.
As the date gets closer, do the tickets get cheaper?

Edit: March 24th. Could be going since its Friday and it's the Twolves.

Tickets aren't really bad now. Most going at or slightly above face value. You got some idiots that try to mark them like previous championship years, but this is the time to go to games.

You might actually still be able to buy tickets at face value from axes.

So all of a sudden our "main core" is BI and Zu, after it's been rumored this weekend that the Lakers been offering up Randle, JC, and DLo? lol

When weeks ago all ya'll thought our "main core" was DLo, Randle, Clarkson, and B.I.

LMAO 
Wtf we didn't offer DLo once. Other teams asking for players doesn't mean we're willing to give them up

The boogie rumor indicates that talks never progressed passed the preliminary stage as they required Ingram be included.

The jimmy butler rumor only involves Randle and Clarkson from our young nucleus

Randle and clarkson don't have the upside that Dlo Brandon and zu have so they're more expendable

Nobody ever said randle and clarkson are/were off limits.

Except he didn't. Aggressive would have been dealing Ingram.

They haven't made any midseason moves the last 2 seasons that's a fact. 

Monday is pretty much over, you got one day left. 
Wanna know what else is a fact:  the Lakers have made midseason moves in 12 of the last 24 years, which is a 50% clip. You call that rare?

You're still skirting the question though....you said the Lakers weren't going to be looking to make trades because you read an article or two a month or so ago when Mitch said he wasn't going to look to making trades before the deadline because none of the young pieces are tradeable. Everyone read those articles and started believing Mitch. Except me.

Had plans on going but my son is due to be born that day...

Tickets are in hand but I promised them to my brother if there is even a remote chance of wifey giving birth.
Congrats bro. I'm sure he'll be starting for the Lakers in 2036. You going to name him after any of the famous Lakers?

Wanna know what else is a fact:  the Lakers have made midseason moves in 12 of the last 24 years, which is a 50% clip. You call that rare?

You're still skirting the question though....you said the Lakers weren't going to be looking to make trades because you read an article or two a month or so ago when Mitch said he wasn't going to look to making trades before the deadline because none of the young pieces are tradeable. Everyone read those articles and started believing Mitch. Except me.
What the hell are you talking about?

LMAO 
Wtf we didn't offer DLo once. Other teams asking for players doesn't mean we're willing to give them up

The boogie rumor indicates that talks never progressed passed the preliminary stage as they required Ingram be included.

The jimmy butler rumor only involves Randle and Clarkson from our young nucleus

Randle and clarkson don't have the upside that Dlo Brandon and zu have so they're more expendable

Nobody ever said randle and clarkson are/were off limits.
How do you know we didn't offer DLo once? Just because it hasn't been reported? Lol

Well I guess that's what happens when people only rely on what they see/read on the news.

And oh btw... a few months ago when Randle was putting up a triple double, there were a lot of people who were saying Randle has just as much upside as Ingram and DLo.

Congrats bro. I'm sure he'll be starting for the Lakers in 2036. You going to name him after any of the famous Lakers?

Hell nah. Wifey said she wantes him to be the 3rd. I'm a JR and her father and cuzzo (pretty much her brother) are both 3rd's.

Wifey actually really wants to go to the game but she doesn't want to cause a scene. Lol

What the hell are you talking about?
Oh yeah, you know. 

Don't act like you didn't say the Lakers weren't going to be looking to pursue a star before the deadline. 

Oh yeah, you know. 

Don't act like you didn't say the Lakers weren't going to be looking to pursue a star before the deadline. 
We all knew, they've been linked to Boogie, JB, and PG13 for the last couple years man. It's never materialized into anything serious. And it didn't yesterday either. So again, what the hell are you talking about?

Oh yeah, you know. 

We all knew, they've been linked to Boogie, JB, and PG13 for the last couple years man. It's never materialized into anything serious. And it didn't yesterday either. So again, what the hell are you talking about?
Yeah okay, so now you're in denial and pretending to act like you knew the whole time. LMAO. You didn't know jack.

You've been saying for months we're in tank mode and that we're not going to look to upgrade the roster. Stop lying to yourself dawg

And stop acting like the recent trade discussions weren't anything serious. The discussions were serious now and they were pretty damn serious during the draft. The Boogie trade came down to two teams - LAL and NO - and if that ain't an indication that Mitch is serious then I'm Kobe Bryant.

Last edited:
Tickets aren't really bad now. Most going at or slightly above face value. You got some idiots that try to mark them like previous championship years, but this is the time to go to games.

You might actually still be able to buy tickets at face value from axes.

Sweet man thanks for the heads up!

Kurt Cobain's birthday today

Thanks for the birthday wishes

View media item 2340912

Always, fellow Nirvana fan.

I never said the Lakers are in tank mode you . I said they SHOULD be. If that was the case Lou and Nick would have been gone already.

Last edited:
I never said the Lakers are in tank mode you . I said they SHOULD be.
Yeah, sure

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom