**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Yall better be careful or whip is gonna raise some hell

raw

Jazz have kicked around idea of going after Lou...

Lakers are adamant on getting a first round pick in exchange... No pick no deal basically.

--Kings got ripped. Story of their life though.
--Can't believe this trade wasn't veto'd for "basketball reasons".

So in other words nobody getting traded yet again.

Maybe, maybe not.. Seems like more interest in Lou Will than we normally have for guys we want to trade at the deadline.... So may makes teams bid against each other...

I'll take a 1st for Lou.... But I wish there was a way to get Hood for Utah

Last edited:
http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2017/02/nba_trade_rumors_knicks_carmelo_anthony_only_accep.html

Carmelo only accepting deals to Lakers or Clippers?

Per the NY Post:

"According to a source who has spoken to Knicks officials, the odds are heavily against the team dealing Anthony by Thursday's trade deadline. Anything that has been discussed probably has not been attractive enough, plus Anthony can block any deal that is not to Los Angeles, his preferred destination."

Hmm.....

bruh screw melo. son even looked washed in the all star game. and it was the worst defensive asg ever. cats literally let you do what you want. guess he wanted to look washed.

Melo didn't even want to be at the ASG. Dude had to cancel his booked vacation but felt the obligation to show up to the game when he got invited last minute. 

If they manage to flip Lou for a 16-24ish pick, tank into another top 3 pick, I would honestly be fine with leaving Mitch and Jim alone to finish out their rebuild.

Yes, they have lucked into it. Melo saying no, Dwight leaving, etc.

They would have lucked into multiple Top 3 picks.

No question, luck would have helped them.

But they would have built a truly solid base of cheap young talent going forward, with a bright young coach learning on the job as well.

DLo
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac
Top 3 + Lou pick

That's a lot of nice assets. No matter how we got here, they will have adapted and done what we asked, for the most part.

They've made mistakes, but they've made some good moves too. (With some luck)

Here's hopin they pull the trigger on a Lou deal and don't hold on too tight again.

If they manage to flip Lou for a 16-24ish pick, tank into another top 3 pick, I would honestly be fine with leaving Mitch and Jim alone to finish out their rebuild.

But they would have built a truly solid base of cheap young talent going forward, with a bright young coach learning on the job as well.

DLo
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac
Top 3 + Lou pick

That's a lot of nice assets. No matter how we got here, they will have adapted and done what we asked, for the most part.

Here's hopin they pull the trigger on a Lou deal and don't hold on too tight again.
I would've agreed with you until I read the Ding article. I always thought everyone was overreacting to Jim until the article proved everything SAS can't shut his mouth about.  Jim's ego gets in the way and Mitch can't close. Both lack vision, especially in the rebuild. Get rid of both em'

Last edited:

DLo
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac
Top 3 + Lou pick

View media item 2341130

These guys can scout but don't have a vision for roster building. It's also telling that we've lagged behind in the analytics department for years.

Only redeeming thing other than that is we haven't got fleeced in any trades

It's time for new young progressive thinkers to take over. Not magic. Let's see what Ryan West has

No, they're owned by the same guy that owns the Saints.

And his family is having in-house family issues themselves.

Cousins trade ruined the market lol. Brooke Lopez can be had for a first and a second now. Highly doubt Lou gets that 1st back now. Prolly gunna get two 2nd rounders but it might make sense to hold on to his contract as a trade chip over that.

Cousins trade ruined the market lol. Brooke Lopez can be had for a first and a second now. Highly doubt Lou gets that 1st back now. Prolly gunna get two 2nd rounders but it might make sense to hold on to his contract as a trade chip over that.
I don't think the Cousins trade hampered the market that much. The Pelicans simply took advantage of incompetency. Also, Boogie comes with a lot of baggage.
Lakers aren't too off offering Lou for a 1st round pick imo. I think any championship contender would be willing to make that trade.

Back
Top Bottom