**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Offensive woes mostly came down to shooting. But having a better secondary ball handler than Dennis might help too. But the main concern is really shooting and always has been

dudes were given 6-10 ft of space basically every other time and we’re converting in like 20% of those.

Even in the 2020 season we had a pretty ugly half court offense, we just really excelled in transition and off 2nd chance points cause of our size. Scheme needs to be more creative if we don't have athletic bigs out there. Or we need to play faster in general.

Even in the 2020 season we had a pretty ugly half court offense, we just really excelled in transition and off 2nd chance points cause of our size. Scheme needs to be more creative if we don't have athletic bigs out there. Or we need to play faster in general.

I don't think you can really play fast with LeBron at this age. I know we tried it in 2019 with LeBron and the young guys but it didn't work out well.

Just gotta have better schemes. Lebron gotta learn to allow it when he’s not in the game.

we had Harrell and never ran pick and rolls for him.

ty lue literally started Mann at center vs Gobert and ayton

we had Lebron at center up our sleeve and never used it.

Reactions: MVP
We need a 3rd star and a consistent shooter. I know he checked out once AD got hurt but I’m not sure if Lebron can carry anymore.

Supposedly that quote came from someone close to his basketball team in Germany and not directly from Dennis….so before you go berserk, just be aware.

but he’s definitely not getting 100, don’t see any team giving him that…but I’ve been wrong before

FB_IMG_1625074298117.jpg

When did Shaq become such a lame dude. Shaq is the same guy who missed half of a season because he postponed his surgery because he wanted to "rehab on company time (during the season) and not disrupt his offseason".

Shaq talks so tough now that he's retired but you can check his record and see you wasn't about it when he played. He's the last person who should be preaching to others about injuries
he was always lame b.

i mean come on “sacramento queens” ?

maybe that was funny to us as kids but come on...

most of what came out of his mouth as an active player was cringe

winning makes us blind lol

Really? I started to pick some up for before the gym ended up grabbing Celcius instead. What flavors are hitting?
I only tried the peach. it’s almost too easy to drink. Unlike rockstars or monsters I feel like I can chug the can bc it’s so good. Which leads to caffeine rush and jitters. No wonder Lebron didn’t have it vs Suns

This just goes to show what I was saying earlier: We don't need an innovative new offense, our current system produces a lot of open, quality looks. No assistant coach is going to make these guys a hit shots. We just need better shooters

This just goes to show what I was saying earlier: We don't need an innovative new offense, our current system produces a lot of open, quality looks. No assistant coach is going to make these guys a hit shots. We just need better shooters

Better shooters have come here and can't shoot for whatever reason though (pressure, anxiety). It was the same thing the previous season with wide open shots (Danny Green, KCP until the playoffs) and we don't have the budget to get a really elite one that even if the Laker tax percentage dip happens he'll be around 40%.To say we don't need a more imaginative offense is just folly. We went through way too many 4+ minute scoring droughts last season our half court offense just isn't good and hasn't been the last couple seasons. That's never been Vogel's forte. Think bringing in a Gentry type coach would be great.

KCP ain’t no damn “shooter”, never was.

I’d say he’s more of a 3 & D guy, without the 3, so essentially a wing defender.

I think the Lakers go hard af on defense and that takes away their legs on offense. Especially the guards.

You know how you improve our 3 point shooting?

AD and Lebron playing like superstars. Take the pressure off of our shooters to win us games. Lebron is old so he can take slight steps back and therefore Shroeder was that much more important to get us a bucket.

Joe Harris shot like 50 percent from 3 and couldn’t hit shots once he saw that Kyrie was out and harden was injured. His shot was falling when kd and Kyrie were balling.

lookk at suns now. Cp3 and book struggling so guys can’t hit a shot to save their lives. Same shots they were hitting when Booker was dropping 47 on us and Ayton was like 12/12 for 30 points.

It’s a big mental game

You know how you improve our 3 point shooting?

AD and Lebron playing like superstars. Take the pressure off of our shooters to win us games. Lebron is old so he can take slight steps back and therefore Shroeder was that much more important to get us a bucket.

Joe Harris shot like 50 percent from 3 and couldn’t hit shots once he saw that Kyrie was out and harden was injured. His shot was falling when kd and Kyrie were balling.

lookk at suns now. Cp3 and book struggling so guys can’t hit a shot to save their lives. Same shots they were hitting when Booker was dropping 47 on us and Ayton was like 12/12 for 30 points.

It’s a big mental game

They played like superstars in 2020 and we were still awful from 3.

Again we have Lebron, in year 18 it's pretty clear that he isn't going to change his game. It's but so much coaching is going to do about that, he's going to run the offense how he sees fit. I agree that we could use assistance on shooting but i also don't want the FO to get rid of the roster for a bunch of one dimensional shooters (which is all we can get in our current situation)

This playoffs have been a perfect example of what happens when your shooters go cold. It also calls for more responsibility on offense for Bron & AD. I also think the role guys being so trash in the playoffs this year has people a little too down.

are team w/o Bron & AD was still legit enough to play .500 ball over a decent sample size. I'm with trying to get some bargain bin shooters/scorers, but rob does not need to retool this roster to extremes.

Reactions: DLF
They played like superstars in 2020 and we were still awful from 3.
Oh ya? Markieff making 4 threes vs houston

Kcp hitting handful of daggers vs Heat in finals

I’m not saying we need to be 45 percent from 3. But even 33-37 with this defense will do. Just don’t go 22 percent

Edit:

James and AD shot it 37+ percent from 3 in playoffs. Morris 42 percent. Rondo 40 percent. Green 33. Kcp 37 percent.

this year James shot 38%. Next best was 33 percent by our sharpshooter Ben Macklemore. 30 percent after that by DS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom