**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Y'all can live in that "If" world all day. I'm talking about what actually happened. Nobody cares about "well what if AD never went to the Lakers". Fact is he did and they won. That's hater talk and it's weird coming from the fans of the actual team. :lol:

Nobody said anything about "what if" anything. There was space for max free agents both summers after Bron signed and none came period. Again that's not hate, just the facts of the matter.

They were also aiming vying for AD during that first summer. Let’s not forget the whole AD buying a house in LA/making it known he wanted out of NO during that timespan as well. The second summer was where they supposedly had Kahwii before he flaked.

Nobody said anything about "what if" anything. There was space for max free agents both summers after Bron signed and none came period. Again that's not hate, just the facts of the matter.

Getting back to the point. When Bron went to Miami people came, went back to Cleveland they came, went to LA AD came. If you wanna hang onto one irrelevant point go 'head.

Give me some realistic Kuz trades if you don’t see him coming back next season.

Remember, he’s coming off a playoff series where he averaged 6 points on 29% from 2 and 17% from 3 shooting.

nemanja bjelica

this trade should have been done 2 years ago

old as **** but career 38 percent 3 point shooter. could have probably gotten a pick from the kings too.

now i dont even know where the **** he is now

I know we’ve had the talk of ohh we get a good shooter and he goes MIA

have we tried the reverse?

I am willing to give schroeder another chance but he needs to be willing to come off the benchand get ******* vaccinated

so much ******* wasted signings last year

trezz, drummond, mathews, gasol, kieff

vogel really does deserve to be fired. he refused to play his entire roster.

Getting back to the point. When Bron went to Miami people came, went back to Cleveland they came, went to LA AD came. If you wanna hang onto one irrelevant point go 'head.

Lol at irrelevant you asked the question and I gave you the facts. Why y'all get mad? There was plenty of stars available in 19 and last summer with Bron and AD both in the fold and we didn't get anybody to come as a free agent. Period.

Well... a lot of missed signings were because Braids was playing the team until the market dried up lmao

people have come tho. Marc and Wes were decent signings imo I just think the Drummond experiment threw a wrench in everything

but at the same time you almost kinda HAVE to get Drummond if he comes on the minimum. He a tough fit. He showed some flashes though

but at this point they needa try to get a third guy imo especially if AD health continue to be on and off

Too much money out there to opt-in, but no complaints if he did. Need that additional salary fodder.
Been trying to think of the teams that have the cap space and make sense for him, drawing a blank.

Surely his value took another hit after racking up DNP's this postseason... is anyone willing to give him $10-11 mil per if he's just a regular season player?

My advice for Trez would be to opt in, play it out (doubt that the Lakers will have the same logjam at center again) and wait to be traded to a team that will also obtain your Bird rights and there's your payday.

Been trying to think of the teams that have the cap space and make sense for him, drawing a blank.

Surely his value took another hit after racking up DNP's this postseason... is anyone willing to give him $10-11 mil per if he's just a regular season player?

My advice for Trez would be to opt in, play it out (doubt that the Lakers will have the same logjam at center again) and wait to be traded to a team that will also obtain your Bird rights and there's your payday.
Charlotte, but I don't think he wants to be back home. At least that's one reason why he didn't sign with them last summer.

Lol at irrelevant you asked the question and I gave you the facts. Why y'all get mad? There was plenty of stars available in 19 and last summer with Bron and AD both in the fold and we didn't get anybody to come as a free agent. Period.
In 2019 the only star that the Lakers pursued was Kawhi, who wanted his own team and rightfully so.... but they didn't strike out in FA. Added Danny Green, Bradley, McGee, Dwight, Boogie and Rondo...all key contributors to the title.
In 2020 the Lakers only had exceptions and minimum contracts...and signed Trez who was the 6th man of the year, and Matthews who was a starter on the best team in the Eastern conference, Gasol and Drummond who were both highly sought after at the time.

2018 - PG, but him re-signing with OKC seemed like a done deal before free agency.
2019 - Kawhi, but I have a difficult time believing he would join Bron and AD unless the Clippers failed to get PG.

:ohwell:

Charlotte, but I don't think he wants to be back home. At least that's one reason why he didn't sign with them last summer.

I heard Cha, but I don't really think Trez fits in there...

From what I remember... Bridges, PJ Washington, McDaniels...they could use some real size in the middle not another undersized PF/C

No to the Knicks, Spurs, and Mavs for sure. Don't know why OKC or Toronto would sign him and Memphis has too many rookie extensions coming up where they probably should stay away as well.

All the full MLE signings for the most part weren't productive/good besides Jae Crowder and he sucked the first four games of the series.

Trezz, Ibaka and Derrick Favors were the other MLE signings.

In 2019 the only star that the Lakers pursued was Kawhi, who wanted his own team and rightfully so.... but they didn't strike out in FA. Added Danny Green, Bradley, McGee, Dwight, Boogie and Rondo...all key contributors to the title.
In 2020 the Lakers only had exceptions and minimum contracts...and signed Trez who was the 6th man of the year, and Matthews who was a starter on the best team in the Eastern conference, Gasol and Drummond who were both highly sought after at the time.

Y'all really just rewriting history. But go ahead and cook.

It was more than just Kawhi and PG available to sign over the last 2 summers and Bron was said to have be recruiting a lot if not all of them (KD, Kyrie, Kemba, Jimmy B, etc) and none of them wanted to come. The Lakers plan all along was to have a big 3. We got a chip which is fantastic, but the window for getting that 3rd star is pretty much closed cause we depleted all of our assets.

It was more than just Kawhi and PG available to sign over the last 2 summers and Bron was said to have be recruiting a lot if not all of them (KD, Kyrie, Kemba, Jimmy B, etc) and none of them wanted to come. The Lakers plan all along was to have a big 3. We got a chip which is fantastic, but the window for getting that 3rd star is pretty much closed cause we depleted all of our assets.
How are we holding this against LeBron/Lakers when:

-KD and Kyrie were a package deal to NY/BK all along.
-Kemba wanted to re-sign for the max in Charlotte, but ended up with the max in Boston and his knees are disintegrating.
-Jimmy attached himself to Miami with the help of Wade.

We don’t need a 3rd superstar on the level of a KD, Kawhi and so forth. I just don’t see it working with Bron. We need a star on the level of a Lavine, Buddy, and so forth. Specifically we need a consistent shooter that Bron could dish it to. Even having a Joe Harris type player would take this team to another level.

See why this is pointless? He's just naming dudes that didn't sign with context at all. Kemba? Jimmy? Are you serious dawg? :lol:

Some fans are just delusional and have unrealistic expectations.

See why this is pointless? He's just naming dudes that didn't sign with context at all. Kemba? Jimmy? Are you serious dawg? :lol:

Some fans are just delusional and have unrealistic expectations.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Not only that bro, we won the title. None of that **** even matters. We won a ring!!!

5/8 teams in the final 8 don’t have a single ring to their franchise.

"depleted all of our assets."

:lol: :lol:

So you rather they didn't trade for AD and didn't win a ring?

Back
Top Bottom