**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

'All he has to do is outplay Lou'..lolz. Bruh led the league in ppg for a month or something like that. But all you gotta do is outplay him. Lolz
I mean he literally does nothing but score. D'Lo is supposed to be able to impact the team more right? 

'All he has to do is outplay Lou'..lolz. Bruh led the league in ppg for a month or something like that. But all you gotta do is outplay him. Lolz
I mean he literally does nothing but score. D'Lo is supposed to be able to impact the team more right? 
Exactly.

Lou knows what he is and is good at it. D'Lo is still learning how to juggle scoring vs playmaking, and was doing playing next to guys that weren't helpful.

What about the other months of the season?.... at the end of the day this is basketball. You get on the court and compete. They playing the game at high stakes. At the highest level. Everybody in the life know what comes with that.

I am not mad at DLo about that. Just those saying the reason he isn't playing a lot is because of Lou. He is the driver of his own car AND he has the starting spot. The organization is almost begging him to take over. Its not like Luke is Byron and just hates him. If the Lakers have to trade Lou just to get him out the way so DLo can "finally" develop and play 35 min a game, then that should be very alarming.
He should be outplaying him so we can keep both.

Lou is better at being Lou than dlo is at being dlo, at this point. In addition to him being showcased. I'm not making excuses for russ as there's a lot he can improve but some of the things yall whine about are just silly

Last edited:
Well, you guys won't have to worry about that excuse soon because more likely than not, Lou will be dealt before Wednesday and then we will REALLY see what DLo got in his bag of tricks.

On another note, I fully expect the Lakers to sign free agent 6'11" shot blocker deluxe Larry Sanders, who has all kinds of length, can play both PF and C, and has been living in Los Angeles the last few years. I can't wait. The only reason we haven't signed him yet is because Mitch is waiting to see if/when he can trade Mozgov.

For all intents and purposes, Mozgov and Lou should be traded to clear the way for some of the things Luke wants to do with this team. Randle is on the block as well.

Don't be shocked if Mitch decides to send Lou, Moz, Randle, and the remainder of Calderon's expiring contract to NY for Melo and Brandon Jennings. Or a three team trade that sends Melo to CHI and Butler and Jennings to LAL. Jennings played alongside Sanders in MIL and those two played really well together, combining on alley-oop highlight play after another.

I expect this, if Magic is indeed looking to bring in a star veteran to lead this team back to the playoffs. PLUS, the Lakers are so far down in the standings we would still have a solid shot at keeping the top 3 pick even with these new additions. And next year, we will have over $22-25 million to sign more impact players.

DLo

Young

Melo or Butler

Nance

Zubac

Ingram, Clarkson, Jennings, Sanders, Deng, Black, Robinson, Huertas, and MWP 

And if DLo still doesn't cut it with a revamped lineup and no Lou Will to hamper his 4th quarter playing time, then Lakers can sign UFA Jeff Teague or George Hill in the offseason (or CP3 if he opts out), ultimately ending DLo's tenure as Lakers starting PG by the time the 2018 season begins.

Last edited:
roll.gif
roll.gif

A lot of Lakers fans will be shocked and confused if the above scenario happens. But don't act surprised if it does.

Lou Williams doesn't like D'Angelo Russell. Those two dudes hardly ever talk during practice and don't say much to each other off the court.

Last edited:
Lou Williams doesn't like D'Angelo Russell. Those two dudes hardly ever talk during practice and don't say much to each other off the court.

Lou infamously got up and sat at another table when d'lo sat down for lunch or something after the whole Snapchat incident

I doubt Lou holds a grudge against him, I mean NY let it go

Watch Lou get traded and JC get the bulk of the minutes at the end of games. 

This is true, I've been to a few practices as a season ticket holder, me and my buddy noticed it at the last practice we went to. Other players interact and joke around heavily but not those two. Probably cuz sweet Lou is a little old school and stubborn in his ways

Last edited:
From what I've heard in some circles, Lou doesn't necessarily think too highly of Russell's demeanor and attitude about the game of basketball. In other words, Lou thinks Russell isn't a professional in his approach to the game and thinks he isn't serious about it, and it rubs him the wrong way.

White dudes dominating the skills challenge thus far, with 3 of 4 in the semis. Things are changing in the NBA lol
But the black guy will win (I. Thomas)

White dudes dominating the skills challenge thus far, with 3 of 4 in the semis. Things are changing in the NBA lol
But the black guy will win (I. Thomas)
The first of many spectacularly wrong predictions for this week. 

Get them predictions out then:

Klay, McCollum, and Gordon will advance to the final round of the 3-point shootout. Gordon wins the title in an upset.

Aaron Gordon and Derrick Jones will advance to the final round of the slam dunk contest. Gordon takes it.

Last edited:
0/2 CJ eliminated. 

EDIT 0/3. Klay not going to win the contest. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom