**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Bruh you're Milly rocking around the point. Dlo was as much a PG as either of them coming into the draft. He's learning on the job and it shows. He would likely look different in a different role. He's essentially a project at the 1

Last edited:
The expectation was for him to come in and be a potential franchise PG. Not have to be moved to a different position 3 years in which is looking like where he's headed. Neither Booker nor Lavine had that on them. Zach was a tweener coming out as well.

I think everyone here agrees biggest problem with dlo is that he doesn't always play hard or hes not into the game...the slump is ok that's expected

It was well documented that Dlo wasn't a true 1 and would take a lot of time to develop in that position. He only played point for 1 year at OSU & Simmons was pretty much the point at Montverde. This isn't surprising.

Last edited:
The expectation was for him to come in and be a potential franchise PG. Not have to be moved to a different position 3 years in which is looking like where he's headed. Neither Booker nor Lavine had that on them. Zach was a tweener coming out as well.

I honestly don't even know what you're arguing. Dlo is learning a position he's never really played before and IMO that's a reason for his struggles, it doesn't excuse everything tho. He was drafted with the hope that whatever potential they saw as a passer could be molded into a PG. It's almost exactly the same as Zach but he's done a better job. He's shown flashes but is still rough around the edges and might be better off at the 2 which is his position for most of his career

Last edited:
I think everyone here agrees biggest problem with dlo is that he doesn't always play hard or hes not into the game...the slump is ok that's expected

Yes I agree this is a legit criticism. Doesn't look engaged at all times & he really needs to work on that.

Been saying for over a year now that dude is too slow and not athletic enough to play PG, yet now everyone else is jumping on board with him playing out of position. New coach, same slow, bad decision making, can't shoot player. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

I don't know about everyone else but I been saying he's not a natural 1. Pretty obvious if you watch him. I still think he has potential I'm just saying he'd be a better player today without the burden of learning the most difficult position on the job

thought i read d'lo has switched it up as of late and is looking to pass a lot more now as opposed to shooting

not sure if it was a tweet

If the Lakers wanted a 2, they should have drafted Booker.

Moving him to the 2 will alleviate the decision making process for D'Lo. He still has to improve his shooting a lot and the other physical limitations aren't going anywhere.

Last edited:
The thought of Dlo being a SG going up against Klay, Demar, CJ, Beard, Beal, Butler, Wiggins, Booker, hell even Monta, Oladipo, Hood and Reddick :lol:

Last edited:
The thought of Dlo being a SG going up against Klay, Demar, CJ, Beard, Beal, Butler, Wiggins, Booker, hell even Monta, Oladipo, Hood and Reddick :lol:

Yea it's not a real good look either, but when you go down the list of PGs, it's not really close. Although they could very well draft Josh Jackson and leave D'Lo at the 1.

D'Lo was in the high 30s (37-38%) from three in like mid January. Since then, he's just submarined from three.

I believe the "magic number" is around 700 attempts before you get a real good idea of one's shooting.

Last edited:
Lakers and trade deadline:
Los Angeles Lakers

Should the Lakers move Lou Williams and Nick Young before the deadline?

Pelton: Yes, assuming the value is there.

In Young's case, getting anything would be a win given that he's likely to opt to become an unrestricted free agent this summer. Because Young's 2017-18 salary probably will be lower than his $10.3 million cap hold, the Lakers could simply re-sign him as a free agent with nothing lost.

Because Williams has an extra year on his deal at a bargain rate ($7 million), keeping him wouldn't be the worst idea. Still, if the Lakers can get a late first-round pick or a good second, I'd move Williams while his value is highest.

Elhassan: Absolutely. Both guys have done their part by playing up their value with good seasons, and it's obvious that the postseason is not a realistic goal this season.

Rather, the Lakers keeping their top-three protected pick is more important than ever, and getting rid of two guys who make the team more competitive is a good strategy. And they do have actual value on the trade market as productive vets on extremely cost-effective deals.

What trades should the Lakers consider?

Doolittle: The Lakers have one of the most valuable trade pieces around in Williams, at least in terms of short-term impact. They need to attach one of their bad contracts to him, probably Luol Deng, since he can help a contender at both forward spots.

I liked Toronto as a partner before the Serge Ibaka deal Tuesday. Now I see the Kings as a fit: Williams and Deng for Rudy Gay, Garrett Temple and some kind of draft consideration. That would lighten L.A.'s financial load -- and with Gay injured, it should enhance the Lakers' chances of keeping their top-three protected 2017 first-rounder.

Engelmann: I'm not a believer in Julius Randle, who finished last season with the second-worst plus-minus in the league and is 20th-worst this season. Given his defensive deficiencies -- he averages a lowly 0.6 blocks per 36 minutes -- I have a hard time believing he'll ever transform into an above-average NBA player.

But Randle can score and rebound, he's just 22 and he is a recent No. 7 pick in the draft. That kind of player tends to generate a good amount of interest on the trade market.
http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...moves-lakers-warriors-clippers-kings-suns-nba

D'Lo was in the high 30s (37-38%) from three in like mid January. Since then, he's just submarined from three.

I believe the "magic number" is around 700 attempts before you get a real good idea of one's shooting.

He's at 600 now.

Wavy bruh, seriously, you gotta get tfoh :lol:. You know how bad I be wanting to troll the clipper thread? Side note, you're also a fan of that team. You're making a fool of yourself talking about how bad dlo is when mudiay is even worse

Last edited:
Wavy bruh, seriously, you gotta get tfoh :lol:. You know how bad I be wanting to troll the clipper thread? Side note, you're also a fan of that team. You're making a fool of yourself talking about how bad dlo is when mudiay is even worse

:lol: I ain't eem that bad mane. I can't take a stab at D-los production Every few weeks?

Y'all be overprotective. There are real concerns about D-lo...that are fair to point out.

This thread is lit too. I'm in here....

Tbh it's just lame AF to do it in here, real weirdo type stuff. Just do it in the NBA thread and it won't look like you're thirsty for attention. The whole thing started with dlo vs. mudiay and you don't have a leg to stand on so...Shut up :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom