**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

We have too many playmakers for him to try and put too much pressure on himself

someone sit him down and just tell him to “PLAY GOOD D. STAND IN CORNER AND SHOot 3s. Dive for loose balls. Cut and look catch and layups”

That player option makes it a win win for both sides.
He gets to bet on himself and be a unrestricted FA at age 28.
Meanwhile lakers win bc they get a 13 mill a year deal for a type of guy that gets more in open market. Go and look at guys making 15-16 a year. It’s a bunch of scrubs

I wonder if this means Caruso will be let go by the trade deadline or summer.
No way in hell

Caruso is a winner
Vs Phoenix the guy had 3 straight offensive fouls called against guy guarding him. He’s too sly and too much of a winner. Plus cheap.

Caruso is what a 5 or 6 mil a year player? They've never been shy about going into the tax to keep a piece of they're contending. Do we have his bird rights or whatever?

Caruso is what a 5 or 6 mil a year player? They've never been shy about going into the tax to keep a piece of they're contending. Do we have his bird rights or whatever?
I think $6-7M is about right, but a third of the league has cap space. Someone could offer MLE money for him.

The Lakers did trim salary the last time the team was contending, but that was a different economic time than now and didn't negatively impact the team on the court. Traded Radmanovic (worked out because Shannon Brown came out of it), Mihm and Vujacic.

Edit:

Also had contentious negotiations with Odom and Fish before re-signing them.

Last edited:
So when can we trade Kuz with that new extension? :lol:
Prob won’t til summer unless good deal

Bc of his salary this year being 3.5 mill, trading him today would mean his new team has to send back salary equivalent to (43.5/4)= 10.8 but we will only be able to count his 3.5 as outgoing...meaning you have to add another 6 mill or so along with kuzma and we don’t have that kind of context to just give up

with that said, send his *** to Portland for Covington’s 9 mill a year lol

Last edited:
I think $6-7M is about right, but a third of the league has cap space. Someone could offer MLE money for him.

The Lakers did trim salary the last time the team was contending, but that was a different economic time than now and didn't negatively impact the team on the court. Traded Radmanovic (worked out because Shannon Brown came out of it), Mihm and Vujacic.

Edit:

Also had contentious negotiations with Odom and Fish before re-signing them.

They had young(er) Kobe at the time.

With Bron turning 36, comin off 7 years of trash, I wonder if they splurge the 2-3 years to max every ounce of the roster while they can.

It’s a no brainer for kuzma to take that deal

someone wants to give you guaranteed 40 mill today OR the possibility of say 55 next year...or you get hurt and sign 3 year/10 mill next year

I’m not a risky guy so I take 40 NOW, do it any day of the week, anytime. Any year.

Last edited:
He loves the glam of being a Laker.

The quote was almost 2 years ago. He’s a 7th man player getting all the perks of a star player, dating A list people in LA and getting worldwide recognition (and hate).

566C22FB-EC47-4B4D-B334-A15958B04CE3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom