**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Waiving and stretching McKinnie instead of Bell will cost lakers only 82K in cap for next 7 years vs if they waive Bell it would be 193k over 3 years. not too big of difference.

McKinnie has same agent as Shroder and Giannis LOL. they keeping him

Pincus says its possible Gasol signed a 2 year deal with the intent to play this year and retire. Then lakers will waive and stretch him and get his full 2 year salary. Effectively making this a 1 year 5 mill dollar deal.

Regarding Markieff

2 options:
1) he signs for the minimum of 2.33 million x 1 year. cap hit is 1.6 mill. still on pace for 15 man roster. but likely stay at 14 just in case.

2) We offer him 120% of his minimum and give him 2.7 mill instead to make him happy. PROBLEM IS: WE CANNOT HAVE A 15TH MAN ON THE TEAM...LIKE AT ALL. BC OF HARD CAP. IT WONT WORK MATHETMATICALLY.

RISK vs benefit of Kieff if he insists on extra 20 percent

unlessssss Davis takes a 1-2 mill discount or something

Last edited:
Lakers.png

Source:

Honestly, I don't know if there are minutes for Markieff on this team. Here's our forward rotation:

AD/Trez/Kuz
Gasol/AD/Trez

Between the 4 and 5 spots, I don't see many minutes for Morris this upcoming season. If he's willing to come here for the minimum, I'd gladly have him though

Markieff shooting and ability to guard big wings is very much needed. Montrezl in the playoffs in barbecue Turkey breast

We need a stretch 4 next to AD. Boogie, Ilyasova, Kieff, Kaminsky.

Last edited:
McKinnie staying. Might as well. He has 3 years left all non-guaranteed. Easily tradable. And if you waive him, it will barely affect cap

after AD signs we will only have 3 more spots available. Will be interesting to see who they pick up. another PG? another wing? Another center? we only have Gasol as a true center. AD and Trez as your PF/C but both either prefer PF or are too small to seriously play PF. Whiteside available lol...Dedmon...

Also Svi available

Last edited:
I'm lowkey more excited about marc than any of the other additions. Part of that is not having to watch bone headed plays from javale anymore. But the bball iq, shooting and defense unlocks so many options.

One thing I'm really looking forward to is his outlet passing. Then in the half court he has cutters like kuz, kcp and caruso. Im hyped.

Lakers need some bodies in there that won’t be a huge drop off when we rest our main guys. It’s gonna be a shortened quick season we def gonna be resting a whole lot than normal.
Rob, our balls are in your court:

Available players, 3 spots avilable to get to 14 spots all Vet min....
PG vet:
Barrea
Shabazz Napier
non vet but Ky Bowman?

Wing defenders:
GRIII

3 point shooters that dont defend:
Ellington
Korver

Intangible guys:
Dudley
Korver

Stretch big (def need one of these):
Ilyasova
Kieff
Dedmon
Tolliver
Kaminsky
Taj Gibson
Cousins

Bold are players i would be happy to see.

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 9.27.32 PM.png

via eric pincus

Last edited:
Lakers need some bodies in there that won’t be a huge drop off when we rest our main guys. It’s gonna be a shortened quick season we def gonna be resting a whole lot than normal.

That's where i see Cacok & THT being valuable. With Schroeder & Trez they have enough scoring to still be competitive when Bron sits, Not to mention Kuz has done extremely well whenever he's forced to up his minutes & roll

Dedmon, Whiteside, Kieff, Kaminsky all not likely taking what we can offer.

Gibson, however, is a tough, strong, savvy vet who was still bringing it on the defensive end this past season.

We need another big who is semi athletic, blocks shots, and can guard other bigs and put a body on em.

for $1.6m, I say we bring Taj back home

whats up with devontae cacock?

the brief time tht had last season he looked impressive on the offensive end especially in the 2 playoff games he played in.

Won title.

No real draft assets other than #28 this year.

Rondo, Dwight, Green, Javale aging guys.
Bradley sat out bubble, had his own option anyways.

No real cap space, give or take the MLE/BAE everyone could have.

We come back with:
Schroeder 27
Trezz 27
KCP resigned 27
Wes 3.6 mil
Marc Gasol

And don't have to trade Kuz, THT, or Caruso.

How, the ****? :lol: :smokin

And we could still add Kieff and/or Batum etc.

Remember when Rob "didn't understand the cap"? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom