**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Only positive with Ibaka is that no other contender can offer more than the MLE unless he wants to stay in Toronto. But he would really help unlock AD's game and give Bron some space too

considering how its likely hes signing a 2+1 ...to then sign a super max
could AD be wokring with rob and co and take a bit less ?
would that make a major difference in what we can spend on FA"s ?

and yeah quinn always ends posts with that ode to his pops

I’m predicting we bring back KCP and Dwight. Prolly have to shop around for that 3&D guy. Rondo sounds like he’s out, barring a last minute change of heart where he turns down the $$$.

I have faith we’ll attract the right pieces who want to be Lakers. I’m still riding high, that chip was and is so satisfying.

Crazy that the season starts in a month, but I’m not complaining:lol::nthat:

I know his value is higher but Lakers gotta at least ask Grant if he’ll take full MLE
Of course they will

“Hey grants agent...what do you guys thinking about 9.3 mill?”

Agent: “sure sounds good if Denver lowballs us or if another team makes similar offer but we likely expect 15-17. Can y’all match?”

“no sorry. Good luck”

87C19589-FF20-4606-A0F9-7B9675A92FE4.jpeg

Bogs probably meeting with Lakers (via zoom) just out of respect. Zero chance. No money. Impossible. Mybe a crazy 3 or 4 team deal but highly highly unlikely.
Of course I’m assuming kcp comes back

if kcp has already accepted something like 3/60 from ATL then yes Lakers will give bogs at least 3/50 easily.

remember we have 23 mill or something in salary cap too.

Not enough salary, but you could draw up a sign and trade involving Kuz and Javale for Bogdanovic. But again, the Lakers don't have the money that he would be seeking.

Unless he takes a lil less to play with Bron/AD

And Schroder

KCP

Dwight

Caruso

THT

Morris

Dudley

...... :lol:

Yeah man if Rob somehow manages to get bog
That’s executive of the year

mans Will have turned Danny green nd the 28 into a dynamic 6moy caliber pg and an above average to elite shooter/gunner lol

Final comment before 3pm

learning more about hard cap. You trigger a 138 mill hard cap if you: use full mid level.Full biannual exception or accept a player in a sign and trade.

With that said I truly believe what we will do and what is the right thing to do is only be ok with triggering the hard cap IF you can get 1) bogs 2) grant 3) woods or 4) ibaka for that full mid level.
If not, then I can see Lakers wanting to say flexible and we will fill out roster just like last summer where it’s a bunch of 4-6 million dollar guys

kcp15
Bradley 3/15 (good deal)
Howard 2/8
Kieff 2/10 ish

type deals and then scouring bargain bin for Tristan Thompson type or Taj Gibson

we won a title with these types last year minus Schroeder so it can still be done.

but ya I think rob only triggers hard cap for above mentioned players. I don’t think he’s gonna take risk of hard cap to overpay just to overpay and not feel left out (like a lot of teams will watch)

thoughts?

Way too much for Dwight, Kieff and Bradley.
I thought so too but on one of the podcast they were talking about how small contracts like that are very tradable and those type of guys do have value around league. Etc.

Don’t forget. The lakers MADE these sorry *** players look good. Bradley Howard kieff and co would be garbage on these other teams. We will be ok with mid tier guys. Our system and Lebron will make them look great

Back
Top Bottom