**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm a strong believer in talent trumps all. I understand everyone's hesitancy I really do.

But I just can't see adding a talent like Derozan hurting a Bron led team. You either get down or lay down. He finna get down. Derozan loves the Lakers and respects the hell out of Bron. I think bruh would change augment his game to acclimate to a team like this. Especially to come back home and play.

Derrick White is who they probably should be after but we know LA/Bron likes big names.

I’d swap DG & Kuz for DeRozan, pretty solid deal right there....but we would still need to get a knockdown shooter on top of resigning KCP.

can’t acquire Demar and let KCP walk

I’d swap DG & Kuz for DeRozan, pretty solid deal right there....but we would still need to get a knockdown shooter on top of resigning KCP.

can’t acquire Demar and let KCP walk

I'd make the trade but after thinking about it, I like it but I don't love it. DeRozan isn't a three-point shooter and his defense is awful.That being said though, what are we really giving up? Kuzma and green didn't play great last year and both are likely gone after next season. We might as well roll with DeRozan.

One of the best parts about LeBron's game is that he can make things work. He's the most adaptable player ever.

Derozan might not be a great defender, but he has the size and moves his feet very well...the way our perimeter defense is designed is to crash the 3pt line hard and take away the shot, if you get beat...trust our bigs to help and others to rotate and recover. He could fit defensivly no problem.....

offensively he doesn’t shoot the 3 much but thats not to say HE CANT. His middy and FT’s are money so it’s not that he can’t shoot 3’s it’s more that he doesn’t. Now I’m not expecting him to become some 3pt god overnight, but I’m confident he can hit open looks.

like MIKE LOWERY MIKE LOWERY said....you come to a lebron james lead team and guys naturally fall into place. Bron is the ultimate leader Derozan knows if he comes here and plays the role asked of him hell have his best shot at a ring.

At this point in his career, he’s done most of the individual stuff...his reputation as a bad boy is set. He’s a big dog, nothing else left for him to prove individually....I’m sure he know that and saw how dwight, and our others guys bought in to their roles this year and how they were rewarded for doing so. This is the lebron effect, you play your role and you play it well, he will do the rest....all the way to the promise land.

I like it, I also like that when our offense breaks down...AD can’t get the ball or lebron is playing distributor....DD can get you one, either a bucket or free throws. Aside from AD and Bron, NO ONE had that capability on this squad until late when waiters and swoosh came aboard. Having that all season would add another layer to the offense.

I’m hearing derozen going to Philly

But I’m following the trades from a far distance. Not after what happened last summer will I invest so much in FA. I’ll let Rob do the stressing lol

Would we be getting the best player in the deal? If so, make the trade and if not then move on.
DeRozan is the 'best' player but he'd be a terrible fit. You're giving up your best assets and two of your better shooters/defenders for a guy who can't shoot or defend. Lakers were already bottom 10 in 3 point shooting, we'd probably be the worst shooting team in the league with that trade. All season long we all thought that the only thing missing was a playmaker slightly better than Rondo. What you'd be expecting from DeRozan could be accomplished by committee with guys like waiters/tht/collison for a much lower price tag and without sacrificing spacing or assets

Derozan might not be a great defender, but he has the size and moves his feet very well...the way our perimeter defense is designed is to crash the 3pt line hard and take away the shot, if you get beat...trust our bigs to help and others to rotate and recover. He could fit defensivly no problem.....

offensively he doesn’t shoot the 3 much but thats not to say HE CANT. His middy and FT’s are money so it’s not that he can’t shoot 3’s it’s more that he doesn’t. Now I’m not expecting him to become some 3pt god overnight, but I’m confident he can hit open looks.

like MIKE LOWERY MIKE LOWERY said....you come to a lebron james lead team and guys naturally fall into place. Bron is the ultimate leader Derozan knows if he comes here and plays the role asked of him hell have his best shot at a ring.

At this point in his career, he’s done most of the individual stuff...his reputation as a bad boy is set. He’s a big dog, nothing else left for him to prove individually....I’m sure he know that and saw how dwight, and our others guys bought in to their roles this year and how they were rewarded for doing so. This is the lebron effect, you play your role and you play it well, he will do the rest....all the way to the promise land.

I like it, I also like that when our offense breaks down...AD can’t get the ball or lebron is playing distributor....DD can get you one, either a bucket or free throws. Aside from AD and Bron, NO ONE had that capability on this squad until late when waiters and swoosh came aboard. Having that all season would add another layer to the offense.
If only DD could play defense he'd be the Lakers' version of Igoudala on the Warriors early chip teams

Clippers are trying to be a bigger 💩 show if they're showing interest in acquiring Russell Westbrook as speculation is getting rampant. 😆

The only guaranteed outcome they'll get from him if they acquire him are perpetual early round eliminations.

If only DD could play defense he'd be the Lakers' version of Igoudala on the Warriors early chip teams
Its not like his defense is worse than Kuzma's, Kuzma size and length makes him food for smaller, quicker guys.....and he's so tall everyone is smaller and quicker soooo......

Decent offensive players know where to get Kuz leaning and jumping out of position because he's so long. He's never going to be a lock down 1 on 1 perimeter defender because of his size, know that.

so he has 1 decent defensive playoff series (rockets) and yall wanna label him a good defender?

Hell nawwwwwww

He was getting toasted every other series, especially in the finals, biting on every pump fake jumping on every head fake, missing rotations.

Stop it.

Honestly, if we just stayed put and got Bradley back + 28, and THT became a relatively useful piece, that'd be enough.

Get LBJ plenty of rest, AD, Kuz, THT, Caruso, 28 and Bradley young/fresh enough to hold down certain nights.

KCP, Green, Rondo, Dwight, Bron could take turns getting DNP's.

If we're movin anyone, it needs to be clear upgrades. No brainer type deals.

Any deal between Lakers & Spurs is highly unlikely, especially if that hater piece of 💩 Gregg Popovich is involved with that team.

Never forget, that hater a%$ 🤡 Popovich was really bitter about the Lakers acquiring Pau Gasol for cheap before the 2008 trade deadline. He even openly griped that NBA should establish a committee to oversee trades and veto them if they seem lopsided in the aftermath of that trade. :emoji_angry:🙄

And don't forget a-hole Popovich literally tampered in 2019 by persuading then-GM of the Pelicans, Dell Demps, not to deal Anthony Davis to the Lakers. 🙄

Demps was an idiot for listening to him because he got fired after that season ended. Demps was also stupid because he wasn't going to get more than what Magic Johnson offered for A.D. in 2019. Magic was willing to overpay, but Demps stupidly spurned it. 😆

NBA f'd up bad by not reprimanding Popovich for absolute tampering with telling another team's GM not to make a deal with the Lakers. What's hypocritical is that Magic was fined a few times for tampering when he only made harmless compliments about other teams' stars. :emoji_angry:🙄

The joke is on Popovich being a hater because Lakers still got A.D. and an immediate championship as a result and possibly more, meanwhile Popovich ain't never getting another Tim Duncan or Kawhi Leonard so he won't be winning titles anytime soon. 😆

DG and Kuz for Derozan if they also sign Galo and bring back KCP.

I would still prefer Lakers package those 2 for younger legs like Lavine. LeBron dropping full court dimes to AD and Lavine would be 🔥

Back
Top Bottom