**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lonzo can Knockdown open threes, Can run the offense & spot Lebron, & is a great defender & great leading transition.... He fits this team very well actually.

Wouldn't be a top option at all but i wouldn't be mad at it.

Can't finish at the basket, can't run a half court offense, can't run screen and roll, can't hit free throws and can't beat people off the dribble. Zo is the exact type of player who gets exposed in the playoffs when the pace of games slow down. He's the type of guy who gets played off the court and the type of player you can't close games with because he's a liability on offense

Last edited:
Can't finish at the basket, can't run a half court offense, can't run screen and roll, can't hit free throws and can't beat people off the dribble. Zo is the exact type of player who gets exposed in the playoffs when the pace of games slow down. He's the type of guy who gets played off the court and the type of player you can't close games with because he's a liability on offense

He has his limitation but we don't need him to do all of those things to win on THIS team, also i completely disagree that he can't run screen & Roll or control a halfcourt offense. FT's and finishing at the basket are real concerns tho.

If we can get him for just Kuzma and Green, I would be happy with this trade. Going to need him to start shooting three pointers though

Basically boils down to Nola not wanting to pay Zo, potentially drafting a guard and no other teams having a great trade package for him. Cheaper than cp3, younger than rondo. But this part makes the most sense to me

Lonzo also gives the purple and gold one more unexpected thing. A backup plan.

If the Los Angeles Lakers whiff in the Summer of 2021 and miss out on Giannis (which is a real possibility), the purple and gold will have added insurance in the form of Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma as the fall-back plan.

At best they develop and the Lakers will have two young stars to put around AD long term and beside LeBron and AD short term.

At worst, the Lakers will have two trade pieces towards getting another star on the Lakers and if the Lakers can keep Lonzo and Kuz’s contracts at acceptable levels, they can be easily traded when the time comes to chase another star in free agencies going forward.

Kuz is likely getting extended for a trade chip if nothing else. Lakers would have flexibility in the trade and free agent market and address an immediate need

Why not? He's a legit third option who can score 20+ on any given night. When you consider the fact that we got very little from Kuzma and Green all season, DeRozan isn't a bad swap.
Green is a solid defender and Kuz is getting incrementally better. DeRozan is a negative on defense.

For him to be effective means he's taking a lot of possessions from LeBron and AD while being a non-threat from three.

Patty Mills >>> DeMar DeRozan

Banned.

LMAOOOO @ lonzo x kuzma “back up” plan

what kinda crack are yall smoking, some of yall in here have TERRIBLE basketball sense.

Yall are the same dudes who wanted faried and jokim noah.

I would rather sign no one than give Lonzo and Kuzma $15m a piece. You'd be paying big money for two mediocre players. I am interested to see what type of money those to get in free agency though, I just hope it's not us paying them.

I would rather sign no one than give Lonzo and Kuzma $15m a piece. You'd be paying big money for two mediocre players. I am interested to see what type of money those to get in free agency though, I just hope it's not us paying them.
Lakers gave Clarkson 50 of them thangs. Those contracts would be used as trade chips to manage cap and/or bring back assets. It makes sense when you look at where the team is at and trying to go

We should have a discussion in here whether the Lakers should aim for 2021 or wait until 2022 instead.

Didn't watch a lot of Spurs/DeRozan last year, but I've always liked his midrange game, ability to get to the line and he's gotten a lot better as a primary/secondary playmaker. Honestly, if there's a way to convince Demar to take on Kuz's role as a bench scorer then I'm all for it. Could somehow roll out a starting lineup of Bradley, KCP, Lebron, AD and Javale/whoever...and the main reserves would be Caruso, Demar, THT, plus whoever returns or is signed in FA. Who knows if Demar would be willing to take on that kind of role at the point in his career but I could see it...come home, play for a contender, maybe win 6th man of the year so he'd feel important LOL

I trust Vogel enough that he'd be able to devise a scheme to cover some of his defensive shortcomings. Would still need Rob to a wing defender of course. I don't know, I'm not crazy about the move but I can be talked into it.

wouldn't totally be against derozan coming in as that reliable 3rd option. opens up the dynamic of getting another reliable shot creator when lebron is off the floor. lakers would need to try and sign some solid 3 point shooting vets, though.

I vote for keeping the exact same squad and adding a playoff rondo type slasher. **** it. Run it back. We will have momentum and chemistry.

mid season look to trade Kuzma and green. If not try to see what’s out there now. I wouldnt try and re-invent the wheel now.

Banned.

LMAOOOO @ lonzo x kuzma “back up” plan

what kinda crack are yall smoking, some of yall in here have TERRIBLE basketball sense.

Yall are the same dudes who wanted faried and jokim noah.

To be fair this thread called everyone on this Lakers team outside of Bron, AD & Caruso trash the entire year

Back
Top Bottom