**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Would be losing two capable wing defenders, and I think Javale would have to be thrown in to make the numbers work.

We should have a discussion in here whether the Lakers should aim for 2021 or wait until 2022 instead.

Well.....as much as I would LOVE to have AD + Giannis on the same team, likely the greatest defensive team in history, the odds are long on luring him.

Going back to back would be ENORMOUS for us going forward. You get Bron his 5th, huge, you get AD his 2nd, huge, you get to 18, the absolute most all time, and that is bigger than huge.

Back to back might have players BEGGING to come to LA in 2022. (Not Giannis, but other guys goin forward)

So, I would be ok if they push all their chips in for this title in 2021, knowing it could be truly the last run for elite level Bron, and then hope AD being a big enough star to entice ring chasers post elite Bron.

Even though 21 is loaded we probably got a better chance in 22 with Beal. DDR at least doesn't cut into either of those scenarios going forward.

let's see how this plays out. they proved they can still play elite defense without him, though i'd like to have him back.

Lonzo Ball returning to Lakers doesn't make sense because his game is similar to LeBron James with the initiating, passing, and playmaking along with needing to have the ball in his hand constantly based on that, but LeBron is obviously the bigger and better version so you always go with that naturally.

DeMar DeRozan wouldn't be conducive for the Lakers because he's just a high-fly act who has a somewhat good midrange game who is a good scorer. He wouldn't mesh in with the team-oriented system they're running, especially with LeBron already on the team. His game is only good for a desperate team who's irrelevant and needs to sell tickets.

I don’t get the logic behind AB opting out after declining to play in the bubble

If he does opt out, that means we may most likely overpay for KCP 🤦🏿‍♂️

Last edited:
Wishlist

*DRose, Joe Harris, Ariza or Henny, Caruso, and THT > KCP, Bradley, Cook, Green, and Rondo
*Ibaka or MGasol + Boogie > Javale and Dwight
*Kieff + Cacok > Kuz and Dudley

DeMar DeRozan's three-point stats don't even make sense. How do you attempt less than one three-pointer per game and shoot 25%? How Sway?

It's especially weird because he has such high free throw percentage. He can shoot, he has good form It's just weird that he can't step back two or three feet and hit those same shots. It must be a mental thing with him.
Screenshot_20201113-102534_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
People have been critical of Derozan's shot selection and apathy on defense and it's understandable. But there's no way he's comes to the Lakers coming off the season they just had and he doesn't buy in. I just find it hard to believe he simply won't shoot 3s or he simply can't play defense. He's been the man everywhere he's been. Until now. He will be shooting corner 3s and playing active defense.

Or he'll be shipped right back out. That simple.

I feel like I've been calling Dipo/Derozan to the Lakers since early 2020.

I was one of the few that pushed for the Schroder trade late last year too.

Either one of them works to push them towards another one in 2021.

JR Hennyman Smith can do in 15 min of playing time what DeRozan's role would provide for us in 28 min of PT

And Smith would be way cheaper, allowing Pelinka to still add someone like a DRose and/or Trevor Ariza on the short term while maintaining cap space for 2021.

I say hell no to DeRozan

If we're going to make a big trade for a "star", we should go after 2-way guard Beal.

Everyone going to load up on Bigs to try and compete with us, which means we have to stay woke and upgrade our guard positions cause once GSW gets their impact Big, we'll have to deal with Steph and Klay, and there's also Kyrie and Dinwiddie, Brown and Kemba, etc...and what better way to neutralize the Warriors by adding Beal.

All I know is that unless we're getting a legitimate star THT better not be involved in any trades, him being on Clutch might help with that tho

Back
Top Bottom